Cristina Airoldi (born Conchita Airoldi), originally from Colombia, arrived in Italy and started studying theater with the famous playwright, actor and theater director Alessandro Fersen, later becoming a close collaborator of him.
Her little acting career develops mainly in the early seventies. Fascinating, ironic, not very tall but endowed with an energetic beauty and an overwhelming charisma, she made her cinema debut under the pseudonym of Cristina Airoldi in the film Lo strano vizio della signora Wardh (1970) by Sergio Martino, director who wants her also in his following masterpiece I corpi presentano tracce di violenza carnale (1973). Unfortunately, these two interesting performances will not be followed by other noteworthy entries for Conchita.
After a few years of absence from the scene, in the late seventies she returned to the limelight as associate producer of the film Immacolata e Concetta (1979) by Salvatore Piscitelli. Subsequently, as owner of Urania Film - which later became Urania Pictures - she gained considerable experience in film and television production. Among the most successful films she produces, there are: Dellamorte Dellamore (1994) by Michele Soavi, Croce e delizia (1995) by Luciano De Crescenzo, À ma sœur! (2001) by Catherine Breillat, but most of all Arrivederci amore, ciao (2006) by Michele Soavi, maybe the best Italian noir of the decade; following Machan (2008) by Uberto Pasolini and Pasolini (2011) by Abel Ferrara.
Filmography as actress
- Lo strano vizio della signora Wardh .... Carol Brandt (credited)
- I corpi presentano tracce di violenza carnale .... Carol Peterson (credited)
- Los amigos .... Brothel girl (credited)
- La cugina .... The maid (credited)
- Circuito chiuso (TV movie) .... Journalist (credited as "Concita Airoldi")
- Sogni d'oro .... Marco's girlfriend (credited as "Conchita Airoldi")
- Caro diario .... Event organizer in Panarea (credited?)
- Il giustiziere (1975) .... Sandra Pallavicini
|1. Advertising for the film "Arrivederci amore, ciao" (2006) on Kataweb.|