Re: C.S.C. actors

Post by van den bremt rudy » 05/01/2020, 19:20

found 2 other C.S.C. generici, who were in peplum movies
1 male and 1 female

male :
Brizio Montinaro

female
Daniela Igliocci

found also Serafino Fuscagni, is he the same as Nino Fuscagni ?
please add

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Re: C.S.C. actors

Post by van den bremt rudy » 05/01/2020, 20:01

2 more C.S.C. generici of the seventies

Claudio Cuomo
Enzo Tosi

so the list is getting bigger, nice initiative nick

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Re: C.S.C. actors' list

Post by van den bremt rudy » 06/01/2020, 15:52

One other female generici C.S.C. found

Raffaella Pelloni (only 1 time found at the moment)
please add to list

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 06/01/2020, 16:18

van den bremt rudy wrote:
06/01/2020, 15:52
One other female generici C.S.C. found

Raffaella Pelloni (only 1 time found at the moment)
please add to list
Raffaella Pelloni is actually the very famous Raffaella Carrà, who is on the list already.

ChristofferSlotte

Post by ChristofferSlotte » 06/01/2020, 19:54

i thought all actors graduated from CSC. From where did the rest of them graduate? It seems very few were graduated from CSC and that surprises me

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 06/01/2020, 20:37

ChristofferSlotte wrote:
06/01/2020, 19:54
i thought all actors graduated from CSC. From where did the rest of them graduate? It seems very few were graduated from CSC and that surprises me
Keep in mind that C.S.C. is not an acting school per se. It's a film school, and as such it not only educates actors but also directors, cinematographers, editors etc - most of whom were never credited with the C.S.C. initials after graduating it seems. It also appears that many C.S.C. graduated actors were never credited with these initials, whereas others were only credited as such two or three times. I do not know what the reason for this might be.

Anyway, there are obviously quite a lot of actors who never studied at the C.S.C. (or anywhere else) but who got a lucky break due to being attractive (for examples models, beauty contestants, fotoromanzo actors etc). And Fellini was famous for casting non-professional actors simply because he thought they had an interesting face, and some of his discoveries went on to become popular character actors in Italian cinema.

Anyway, it looks like there's an official C.S.C. website named www.fondazionecsc.it and I've managed to find this PDF file which lists its former students and their year of graduation: http://www.fondazionecsc.it/UploadDocs/ ... _12_18.pdf
They are divided by their different studies, but you'll find the actors listed under "Recitazione". Lots of interesting names there. And it lists Vittorio Fanfoni as graduating in 1969, which makes more sense than the 1963 date currently listed in his bio.

ChristofferSlotte

Post by ChristofferSlotte » 06/01/2020, 21:05

thanks for the info

how did you find the Upload documents on the site? There might be other interesting documents, too

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 06/01/2020, 21:55

ChristofferSlotte wrote:
06/01/2020, 21:05
thanks for the info

how did you find the Upload documents on the site? There might be other interesting documents, too
There might very well be, but the whole site is rather difficult to navigate and I didn't have much luck searching it. I instead got lucky when I did a Google search for elenco+allievi+csc as that brought me here: http://www.fondazionecsc.it/context.jsp ... 7&area=155
The document with the list can be accessed from that page - it's on the upper right.

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 06/01/2020, 22:54

Johan Melle wrote:
06/01/2020, 20:37
ChristofferSlotte wrote:
06/01/2020, 19:54
Keep in mind that C.S.C. is not an acting school per se. It's a film school, and as such it not only educates actors but also directors, cinematographers, editors etc - most of whom were never credited with the C.S.C. initials after graduating it seems. It also appears that many C.S.C. graduated actors were never credited with these initials, whereas others were only credited as such two or three times. I do not know what the reason for this might be.

Anyway, there are obviously quite a lot of actors who never studied at the C.S.C. (or anywhere else) but who got a lucky break due to being attractive (for examples models, beauty contestants, fotoromanzo actors etc). And Fellini was famous for casting non-professional actors simply because he thought they had an interesting face, and some of his discoveries went on to become popular character actors in Italian cinema.

Anyway, it looks like there's an official C.S.C. website named www.fondazionecsc.it and I've managed to find this PDF file which lists its former students and their year of graduation: http://www.fondazionecsc.it/UploadDocs/ ... _12_18.pdf
They are divided by their different studies, but you'll find the actors listed under "Recitazione". Lots of interesting names there. And it lists Vittorio Fanfoni as graduating in 1969, which makes more sense than the 1963 date currently listed in his bio.
Wow, thank you, now that's what I was looking for originally.

I think for the purposes of our list here I will stick to the original remit of only listing actors who have c.s.c. credits in films, which I think pretty much rules out anyone who graduated before the mid-50's, but that will keep me nice and busy for the next month or 2 anyway. It's also quite probable that some of the graduates never went on to work in the industry so some of the names on the list may have no credits.

A lot of stuntmen went on to become competent actors too, without any formal acting training

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 06/01/2020, 23:18

Interesting, given that there is usually a ratio of about 5 actors to 1 actress in most Italian films, that it looks like the female graduates had the more successful careers. There are a good number of actresses on the list who went on to become leading ladies (Gabel, Neri, Guida, Valli, Carra, Calamai), but very few men who went on to become lead actors (Rik Battaglia did a few leads early on, but ended up further down the cast lists quite quickly - and his real name is Caterino, who knew!).