Luci del varietà (1950)


Fellini's and other great directors' Classics
User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 32724
Joined: 05.02.19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Luci del varietà (1950)

Post by PeplumParadise » 01/09/2022, 15:10

Johan Melle wrote:
30/08/2022, 23:37
64: Isn't that Zulina Badaloni?

71: The man in the back of the car looks like it could be Nino Capozzi.
Yes, you're right about Zulina. She isn't seen as obviously as Druetti or Balabin, but she does show uncharacteristic enthusiasm when "riding" Franco Lori in the peculiar horse riding dance.

As for the possible Capozzi that is really the only shot you get of him, but being HD it can at least be enlarged.
uk71.jpg

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 32724
Joined: 05.02.19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Luci del varietà (1950)

Post by PeplumParadise » 01/09/2022, 15:14

Bill Carson wrote:
31/08/2022, 21:31
uk54a.jpg
IMG_20220831_213026.jpg

Arnaldo Caivano?
Caivano isn't someone I'm familiar with. A google search only brings up one image which looks to be from many years later, though it certainly does seem like the same person.

Can anyone confirm the ID?
37j1DQKpxi7Ksd2yrHCvyV2YqYJ.jpg

User avatar
van den bremt rudy
Senior
Posts: 7147
Joined: 08.30.18
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Luci del varietà (1950)

Post by van den bremt rudy » 01/09/2022, 15:27

Yes it is Caivano, because i searched and found him with new pictures for his topic a long while ago.

User avatar
carlos
Moderator
Posts: 2731
Joined: 08.29.18
Location: U.S.
Name: Carl
Contact:

Luci del varietà (1950)

Post by carlos » 01/09/2022, 15:50

PeplumParadise wrote:
01/09/2022, 15:14
Bill Carson wrote:
31/08/2022, 21:31
uk54a.jpg
IMG_20220831_213026.jpg

Arnaldo Caivano?
Caivano isn't someone I'm familiar with. A google search only brings up one image which looks to be from many years later, though it certainly does seem like the same person.

Can anyone confirm the ID?
37j1DQKpxi7Ksd2yrHCvyV2YqYJ.jpg
Your pic is from his topic: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=97

About the one from 54, I don't know, that would be earlier than I'm familiar with but I don't the bags under the eyes...

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 32724
Joined: 05.02.19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Luci del varietà (1950)

Post by PeplumParadise » 01/09/2022, 15:54

carlos wrote:
01/09/2022, 15:50
PeplumParadise wrote:
01/09/2022, 15:14
Bill Carson wrote:
31/08/2022, 21:31
uk54a.jpg
IMG_20220831_213026.jpg

Arnaldo Caivano?
Caivano isn't someone I'm familiar with. A google search only brings up one image which looks to be from many years later, though it certainly does seem like the same person.

Can anyone confirm the ID?
37j1DQKpxi7Ksd2yrHCvyV2YqYJ.jpg
Your pic is from his topic: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=97

About the one from 54, I don't know, that would be earlier than I'm familiar with but I don't the bags under the eyes...
Ah, I didn't realise we had a topic for him. Presumably the bags under the eyes would be something he developed later in life, this role being 13 years earlier than the earliest role in his topic.

User avatar
Johan Melle
Moderator
Posts: 12613
Joined: 08.27.18
Location: Norway
Contact:

Luci del varietà (1950)

Post by Johan Melle » 01/09/2022, 16:18

PeplumParadise wrote:
01/09/2022, 15:10
As for the possible Capozzi that is really the only shot you get of him, but being HD it can at least be enlarged.
uk71.jpg
Slightly strange expression but it does seem like him to me. Other opinions would be welcome, but I think I'm maybe the only one that's really familiar with Nino...

PeplumParadise wrote:
01/09/2022, 15:14
Bill Carson wrote:
31/08/2022, 21:31
uk54a.jpg
IMG_20220831_213026.jpg

Arnaldo Caivano?
Caivano isn't someone I'm familiar with. A google search only brings up one image which looks to be from many years later, though it certainly does seem like the same person.

Can anyone confirm the ID?
37j1DQKpxi7Ksd2yrHCvyV2YqYJ.jpg
Not Caivano at all in my opinion.

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 32724
Joined: 05.02.19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Luci del varietà (1950)

Post by PeplumParadise » 01/09/2022, 16:25

Johan Melle wrote:
01/09/2022, 16:18
PeplumParadise wrote:
01/09/2022, 15:10
As for the possible Capozzi that is really the only shot you get of him, but being HD it can at least be enlarged.
uk71.jpg
Slightly strange expression but it does seem like him to me. Other opinions would be welcome, but I think I'm maybe the only one that's really familiar with Nino...
From the images in his topic it does seem like him, so on the strength of that and your ID I'll add him.

As for Caivano, since opinions are divided I'll leave him for now. Maybe if some earlier roles are found for him it can be reappraised.

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 32724
Joined: 05.02.19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Luci del varietà (1950)

Post by PeplumParadise » 01/09/2022, 16:27

Surely there must be someone on the forum who is familiar with Giovanna Ralli?

User avatar
carlos
Moderator
Posts: 2731
Joined: 08.29.18
Location: U.S.
Name: Carl
Contact:

Luci del varietà (1950)

Post by carlos » 01/09/2022, 17:40

PeplumParadise wrote:
01/09/2022, 16:27
Surely there must be someone on the forum who is familiar with Giovanna Ralli?
Going by the pic in her topic from 1956 she could the girl in back out of focus in 115, maybe?
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=2077&p=52660&hilit ... lli#p52660

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 32724
Joined: 05.02.19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Luci del varietà (1950)

Post by PeplumParadise » 01/09/2022, 17:44

carlos wrote:
01/09/2022, 17:40
PeplumParadise wrote:
01/09/2022, 16:27
Surely there must be someone on the forum who is familiar with Giovanna Ralli?
Going by the pic in her topic from 1956 she could the girl in back out of focus in 115, maybe?
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=2077&p=52660&hilit ... lli#p52660
She's supposedly one of the soubrettinas seen in images 11, 13, 16, 19, 25 and 33

Post Reply