Introduction Moderators Guide
Formatting styles Technical problems
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Il poliziotto è marcio (1974)

Post by PeplumParadise » 21/11/2022, 12:23

Bill Carson wrote:
21/11/2022, 1:51
so I updated the informations on imdb regarding Mimmo Rizzo, Il grande duello e Giù la testa, but can you explain to me what the problem is? I understand that there are other users on the forum who update this site and other sites, in particular IMDb is very important in the film industry, can I understand what's wrong? I think it's a good thing that the forum gives useful information to other sites about italian Cinema, you don't agree?
We are working to create a unique website here and that includes our unique information. If all the information we put here is immediately copied to IMDb then what point is there for us to be doing this work and for people to visit this forum. We do not "give" information to IMDb, if it appears there it is because someone has copied it without permission and without giving any credit to where they have found the information, which is why IMDb is already so full of mistakes.

carlos
Name: Carl

Post by carlos » 21/11/2022, 15:45

Because of this, has it been decided only logged in users can view the forums with pics?

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 21/11/2022, 16:35

Sadly this is part of the game, in my view is better to make the site visible to everyone, because remember this way relatives or friends of generici will not be able to come here and help us with identifications.

I know is very frustrating when someone stole your work (it already happen with me and other users of the website davinotti where they robbed some of our movies reviews and put the on the covers of dvds without giving us credits) but i think is more important to made new identifications also by relatives/friends of our beloved like it already happen in the past many times.

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Technical problems

Post by Emiliano » 01/12/2022, 16:07

I'm working on actor icons. Later I'll fix.

Emiliano
Admin

Technical problems

Post by Emiliano » 04/12/2022, 16:12

I'm working on the letters' align of the Pic-Lists. Fix tonight.

PeplumParadise

Technical problems

Post by PeplumParadise » 12/01/2023, 15:40

Rudy says that he is unable to see his post that is waiting approval, meaning he is unable to make the necessary corrections so it can be approved. Is this correct? It seems a bit pointless to have the approval system if the poster is unable to see their post for reference to see what the errors are when they are pointed out or when approval is denied.
viewtopic.php?p=63957#p63957
Last edited by PeplumParadise on 12/01/2023, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

PeplumParadise

Technical problems

Post by PeplumParadise » 12/01/2023, 16:57

PeplumParadise wrote:
12/01/2023, 15:40
Rudy says that he is unable to see his post that is waiting approval, meaning he is unable to make the necessary corrections so it can be approved. Is this correct? It seems a bit pointless to have the approval system if the poster is unable to see their post to see what the errors are when they are pointed out or when approval is denied.
viewtopic.php?p=63957#p63957
It looks like Dan has since approved and corrected the post, but the point is still relevant for future posts as people can only learn from having to correct their own posts

Emiliano
Admin

Technical problems

Post by Emiliano » 15/01/2023, 9:07

When the post is pending moderation, it is no longer under the user's control. Either it must be canceled or it must be approved, there is no middle ground. There is no way to change this forum function. And if I may have my say, there can't always be there a personal teacher willing to correct every mistake that shouldn't be there after the first month of forum attendance, let alone after years.

Cinema Italiano
Name: Sergio

Technical problems

Post by Cinema Italiano » 09/01/2024, 20:41

Maybe you have already noticed but it is no longer possible to scroll through the photo gallery in the first posts of the films in Movie Database: now only the first three are displayed. It's not a fundamental thing but maybe a click could be enough to fix it.

PeplumParadise

Technical problems

Post by PeplumParadise » 09/01/2024, 21:10

Cinema Italiano wrote:
09/01/2024, 20:41
Maybe you have already noticed but it is no longer possible to scroll through the photo gallery in the first posts of the films in Movie Database: now only the first three are displayed. It's not a fundamental thing but maybe a click could be enough to fix it.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean? Are you having a problem viewing the images in the movie topics (and if so is it specific titles?) or something else? I checked a few random movie topics and didn't see any problems.