PNG or JPG?

Actors (A-Z)
Actresses (A-Z)
Introduction
Ciavazzaro

PNG or JPG?

Post by Ciavazzaro » 16/09/2018, 17:26

I have doubt what format we have to use for pics PNG or JPG ?
I have this question because i read in Romano's topic that you say i have changed all the pics to jpg.

When i upload pics sometimes they don't accept JPG and i have to put PNG in order to have it accepted.

Emiliano
Administrator
Name: Emiliano

Re: PNG OR JPG ?

Post by Emiliano » 16/09/2018, 17:33

Ciavazzaro wrote:
16/09/2018, 17:26
I have doubt what format we have to use for pics PNG or JPG ?
I have this question because i read in Romano's topic that you say i have changed all the pics to jpg.

When i upload pics sometimes they don't accept JPG and i have to put PNG in order to have it accepted.
JPG because all the images on the net must be as light as possible and PNG is born only as an evolution of the GIF to obtain images with high quality and transparent background. PNG images weigh up to 5 times as much as JPG and make slow pages. Unbelievable that you cannot upload JPG. But with what software do you do it ???

If you use VLC and set the JPG as written here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3 there can't be any problems.

vecchiaguardia

Post by vecchiaguardia » 16/09/2018, 20:43

I always save my pics as jpg.

Ciavazzaro

Post by Ciavazzaro » 19/09/2018, 1:15

Now i understand and im changing all my pics to jpg, which was too the best way for me, but i don't know why i have many saved as png, but not important because im changing them to jpg.