Introduction Moderators Guide
Formatting styles Technical problems
Cinema Italiano
Name: Sergio

Re: Forum changes

Post by Cinema Italiano » 04/04/2021, 21:47

Emiliano wrote:
04/04/2021, 21:28
Still to try to homogenize the formatting, I would like to ask you what you think of cases like these:
  1. 7 donne per i Mac Gregor (as Cole Kitosh) .... Dick MacGregor
  2. 7 donne per i Mac Gregor (credited as Cole Kitosh) .... Dick MacGregor
  3. 7 donne per i Mac Gregor (credited as Cole Kitosh) .... Dick MacGregor
Personally I would prefer the third solution because the bold function is sufficient on credited, it does not need to cover the name as well.

In some topics we have also used only "as" without "credited" (as Natale Nazzareno - for example). Perhaps credited should also be added. What do you think about it?

Obviously the function of bold in famous actors is overturned and serves to highlight the uncredited or credit only, as before.

Sorry again if you get bored with these details. I'm always looking for improvements.
Thank you, Emiliano, for your continued commitment to making this site even more enjoyable. I personally agree with what you proposed.

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Post by Emiliano » 04/04/2021, 21:52

Cinema Italiano wrote:
04/04/2021, 21:47
Emiliano wrote:
Still to try to homogenize the formatting, I would like to ask you what you think of cases like these:
Personally I would prefer the third solution because the bold function is sufficient on credited, it does not need to cover the name as well.

In some topics we have also used only "as" without "credited" (as Natale Nazzareno - for example). Perhaps credited should also be added. What do you think about it?

Obviously the function of bold in famous actors is overturned and serves to highlight the uncredited or credit only, as before.

Sorry again if you get bored with these details. I'm always looking for improvements.
Thank you, Emiliano, for your continued commitment to making this site even more enjoyable. I personally agree with what you proposed.
Thanks for your support!

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 04/04/2021, 22:55

Emiliano wrote:

Personally I prefer the second version with the name also highlighted

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 04/04/2021, 23:51

PeplumParadise wrote:
04/04/2021, 22:55
Emiliano wrote:

Personally I prefer the second version with the name also highlighted
That is my preference as well, though the third option is OK too.

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 05/04/2021, 16:09

Ok then please use the third option. Thank you all.

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 05/04/2021, 20:43

I have introduced a new function, the "Title" key.
It will be enough to incorporate the text of a title and this will automatically format it and put a separation line under it. It will therefore not be necessary to use the drop-down menu to select the large font, then click on bold (B) and put under the horizontal line (hr) after.
It must be said that the "Title" in its line does not want other words, so everything that will be written after, will automatically wrap below.
title.jpg

Example of usage:

Code: Select all

[Title]Cast[/Title]this words written after, will automatically wrap below, so please use newline.
Cast

this words written after, will automatically wrap below, so please use newline.

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 05/04/2021, 21:30

I also introduced the "Subtitle" button, to make subtitles in filmographies. Check out the first Divas topics to see how the system will work.

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 06/04/2021, 15:35

I also introduce the "Purple" button for editing the filmographies. In this way, it will no longer be necessary to click on bold, (and also italics for the role - which we abolish, however) and then on the colour. Much faster.

purple.jpg

Code

Code: Select all

[Purple]role?[/Purple] or [Purple]credited?[/Purple]
Result:

role? or credited? (we don't do anymore role? in bold and italic)

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 06/04/2021, 18:24

I took the liberty of correcting the three Peplums movies by removing the Bold from the names of the unlinked actors. Slowly I will also correct all the thrillings. Always in order to try to create a structure as simple as possible.

I am also trying to rename all the topics of all the actors, putting first the last name and then the name. This is to list the actors in alphabetical order by surname, browsing the forums. Gradually I will also have to arrange their icons that are sorted by name and not by surname.

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 08/04/2021, 15:58

I'm reformatting the filmographies, putting the credits last.
To get an idea of the result look at these topics already made:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=677
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=546
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=36

Here are the indications on how to format the style for each need: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1&p=17412#p17412