I've disabled the chat. Let's see if this is the problem

mortimer

Re: Forum problems

Post by mortimer » 09/09/2018, 1:07

Yes! :thumbup:

vecchiaguardia

Post by vecchiaguardia » 10/09/2018, 17:35

I can't find the "Mark all posts read" button... ?

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Post by Emiliano » 10/09/2018, 21:13

vecchiaguardia wrote:
10/09/2018, 17:35
I can't find the "Mark all posts read" button... ?
markallforumsasread.jpg

unfortunately they put it there, not in the menu on the left

vecchiaguardia

Post by vecchiaguardia » 10/09/2018, 21:40

Thank you!

Emiliano
Admin

Do we make images visible to Guests?

Post by Emiliano » 15/09/2018, 23:51

Currently unregistered visitors (guests) can not view images uploaded as an attachment, just like in the old forum. In your opinion, would it be better for attachments to be visible even to unregistered users? Advantages? / Disadvantages? Say yours.

In my opinion, the advantages would be:
A greater influx of visitors and maybe the images end up at some people directly involved in the cinema or more users want to register.
Disadvantages: the images would be easily copied and there are those who are jealous of their images and do not want this to happen.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Re: Do we make images visible to non-registered users?

Post by Ciavazzaro » 16/09/2018, 0:03

Personally im fine with making photos avaiable, the more people come to the site the best chance we have to have new generici identified (many generici have been identified thanks to ex cinema workers who saw our pictures).

Also there are no other sites like this so i don't know where they would put the photos, and for me even if they take my own photos i don't mind but that's mine opinion about that off course.

Im in favour also because im desperate since in the CIDB is the same (no member no photos), and since im not able to register im missing so many pics and possible roles for our generici, so i understand how frustratring is not to be able to see the photos and roles.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 16/09/2018, 0:05

Yes, it's true. Some people do not hesitate to grab pictures and post them elsewhere without giving credit to where they found them etc. This can of course be annoying, especially considering the time and effort we put into this work, but that's just how the internet works. I see many advantages to making the pics visible. Surely, it'll attract more attention this way instead of being a kind of closed "boy's club" for a little group with special interests :p

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 16/09/2018, 0:10

Ciavazzaro wrote:
16/09/2018, 0:03
Im in favour also because im desperate since in the CIDB is the same (no member no photos), and since im not able to register im missing so many pics and possible roles for our generici, so i understand how frustratring is not to be able to see the photos and roles.
Little OT: what's happen to CIDB? It's still working? Tibor works on it?
For example, I find the CIDB quite useless by not showing the images to the unregistered users. Why to make a private database? The purpose is to spread the information, or am I wrong? In the old forum we could not do this because the owner of the server had established that the links should not be accessible to guests (each external link is an open door for a hacker attack) This is another reason to use the internal attachments.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 16/09/2018, 0:23

The cidb is updated every day, i still visit it very often, sadly im not able to register anymore, i was registered but then one day i was not able to do it anymore, and im still not able to do it.

TIbor was very kind but was not able to help me, since Ghibarian is back here also maybe he can help me, i remember Tibor told me i have to ask to him !