Admin
Name: Emiliano

Re: Error/Missing reporting

Post by Emiliano » 14/10/2021, 11:49

PeplumParadise wrote:
14/10/2021, 11:46
Emiliano wrote:
14/10/2021, 11:44
Just make a decision. The images must be either all large or small. So posters that to see them all you have to scroll the screen will return to being present.
Images that are too large can be re-sized before inserting them, I have always done it this way
I can put the big ones inside tables to resize only the big ones where I find them. I will do so.
Last edited by Emiliano on 14/10/2021, 12:05, edited 2 times in total.

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 14/10/2021, 11:52

Emiliano wrote:
14/10/2021, 11:49
PeplumParadise wrote:
14/10/2021, 11:46
Emiliano wrote:
14/10/2021, 11:44
Just make a decision. The images must be either all large or small. So posters that to see them all you have to scroll the screen will return to being present.
Images that are too large can be re-sized before inserting them, I have always done it this way
I can put the big ones inside tables to resize only the big ones where I find them. I will do so.
OK, I don't know how these technical things work but that sounds like a good solution. I always prepare the images to be the size I want them to appear when I am editing them before I post.

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 14/10/2021, 11:53

The problem is that not everyone resizes images to fit them. First because many do not know how to do it, second to keep the original resolution in case someone wants to download it.
Last edited by Emiliano on 14/10/2021, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 14/10/2021, 12:03

In the case of newspaper articles to read the text it is better to cut out the parts of the text to be able to insert them larger and not to insert the complete pages. Otherwise, in the case of Carla Brait, for example, I rewrote the text on the post.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 14/10/2021, 12:08

Emiliano wrote:
14/10/2021, 12:03
In the case of newspaper articles to read the text it is better to cut out the parts of the text to be able to insert them larger and not to insert the complete pages. Otherwise, in the case of Carla Brait, for example, I rewrote the text on the post.
They still seem to be appearing in small size, such as this post for Gabel, where the images should appear full size so the text is readable along with the accompanying images, but I am still seeing them small
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1110&start=50#p43364

Emiliano
Admin

Re: Forum changes

Post by Emiliano » 14/10/2021, 12:15

I will then take care of cutting out the pieces of text to make them read, because otherwise for a magazine page it is not convenient for me to change the whole setting of the forum and resize hundreds of big images so as not to change a couple of them.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 14/10/2021, 12:17

Emiliano wrote:
14/10/2021, 11:53
The problem is that not everyone resizes images to fit them. First because many do not know how to do it, second to keep the original resolution in case someone wants to download it.
It is only really a problem with "long" images, where you must scroll down the page to see the full image. Wide images are automatically resized to fit the width of the window in which you are viewing the forum. Images from films will always be "wide" because that is the way films are, it is only photographs or posters that are "long" usually

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 14/10/2021, 12:24

I know but all the profile images of the actors (photos) are vertical and in full resolution and would become fully visible only by scrolling. Of course, portraits are photos that are presented vertically and therefore do not resize automatically by the forum. Since it is bad to see a half or three quarter portrait as by the way you had pointed out too, I have taken up the resize solution which also fixes all those mega posters that have the same problem. Even inserting images at lower resolutions to adapt is not a very correct solution because over time the resolution of the screens increases and we find ourselves in a few years with small images. Just as if one wants to download the image to print or work with it, finds a low resolution image of which he cannot do a lot.

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 14/10/2021, 12:27

Among other things, with complete magazine pages it is not considered that on mobile devices they are equally unreadable if the articles are not cropped.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 14/10/2021, 12:30

Emiliano wrote:
14/10/2021, 12:24
I know but all the profile images of the actors (photos) are vertical and in full resolution and would become fully visible only by scrolling. Of course, portraits are photos that are presented vertically and therefore do not resize automatically by the forum. Since it is bad to see a half or three quarter portrait as by the way you had pointed out too, I have taken up the resize solution which also fixes all those mega posters that have the same problem. Even inserting images at lower resolutions to adapt is not a very correct solution because over time the resolution of the screens increases and we find ourselves in a few years with small images. Just as if one wants to download the image to print or work with it, finds a low resolution image of which he cannot do a lot.
For profile images maybe it is better to use only horizontal images wherever possible, as is the case with most profile images taken from films rather than portraits. These tend to look better as you are able to read the text of the bio below while still seeing the image.