Technical problems

Introduction Moderators Guide
Formatting styles Technical problems
Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Re: Appearance of the home page (cataloging of the actors)

Post by Emiliano » 03/11/2019, 15:06

Johan Melle wrote:
03/11/2019, 15:01
Emiliano wrote:
12/10/2019, 14:43
I would like to divide the forum of the Actors to create a new one with more roles, this because now coexist actors with dozens and dozens of roles like Poli, Felleghy and Caporale, with others that have only 10 or 20.

Do you have opinions or suggestions?
There's a similar situation in the forum of the actresses, where there is one person who stands out for having a much larger filmography than any of the others: Margherita Horowitz. I actually find myself questioning whether she should really be with the actresses, or if she'd fit better among the generiche. The problem is that she is a bit of a borderline case. She does have quite a few credited roles, although very few of these can be said to be significant. But she also has countless roles which are not only uncredited, but also very tiny with no speech or close-ups etc. And not just at the start of her career - she continued to appear in such non-speaking background parts all the way until the end of her career. So for this reason I'm wondering if she would fit in better with the generiche in spite of her several credited roles (after all, Franca Scagnetti has several credited roles too).

Opinions?
I think that Horowitz, Scagnetti and Maiolini are the same kind of generici "with more talent". So yes, I'd say move it between the generici.

Emiliano
Admin

Re: Forum news

Post by Emiliano » 03/11/2019, 15:08

Johan Melle wrote:
03/11/2019, 14:48
Emiliano wrote:
03/11/2019, 10:16
Another aesthetic change. I added a margin top to the attached images. In this way we will no longer have the caption with the title of the movie, role, etc... stuck on the top of the image, but we find a small space between them.
Very subtle but nice change. I like it! :thumbup:
Yes, It must be subtle cause there could be a problem if the caption is found with some distance of the snapshot to which it refers, in the middle of the line in the case of multiple images one above the other and create confusion.

Emiliano
Admin

Re: Forum changes

Post by Emiliano » 07/11/2019, 22:37

I add speed on the Alphabetical list, now there's also an A-Z links bar for the page viewtopic.php?t=596#p16066

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 12/11/2019, 22:33

Moved to generici the following actors:
Paolo Sereno, Roberto Prescara, Salvatore Porcaro, Alberto Postorino, Filippo La Neve

Moved to generiche the actresses:
Diomira Vidotto, Giovanna De Vita, Sofia Lusy

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 13/11/2019, 9:18

If someone does not see the search bar at the top right, now, it is because the resolution of his monitor is less than 1366x768 pixels. In fact, if you try to enlarge the window of the browser, it will appear. Tonight I'll fix this bug.

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 13/11/2019, 10:03

Since we moved Margherita Horowitz to the "generiche" category, we have decidedly raised "the level" to differentiate the category of "actor" from that of "generici". After this, the Actors forum will be heavily emptied. Because if we admit that Scagnetti, Maria Tedeschi, Maiolini and Horowitz are generiche, so must Mingozzi, Mario Del Vago, Salvatore Porcaro and others too will be.
As for the generici "from Milan" section (started by vecchiaguardia), I'd like to keep them all together and maybe do a separate forum.

vecchiaguardia

Post by vecchiaguardia » 13/11/2019, 13:02

Emiliano wrote:
13/11/2019, 10:03
As for the generici "from Milan" section (started by vecchiaguardia), I'd like to keep them all together and maybe do a separate forum.
Very good! But some actors you put in this new section have nothing to do at all with Milan... Narducci, Cirino, Ceccarelli, John Benedy and Torindo Bernardi... ?

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 13/11/2019, 13:21

vecchiaguardia wrote:
13/11/2019, 13:02
Emiliano wrote:
Very good! But some actors you put in this new section have nothing to do at all with Milan... Narducci, Cirino, Ceccarelli, John Benedy and Torindo Bernardi... ?
Because It's not finished. I was at lanch :p

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 13/11/2019, 14:08

The little displacement is finished. I believe that everyone has achieved better visibility. Opinions?

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 13/11/2019, 15:12

Emiliano wrote:
Since we moved Margherita Horowitz to the "generiche" category, we have decidedly raised "the level" to differentiate the category of "actor" from that of "generici". After this, the Actors forum will be heavily emptied. Because if we admit that Scagnetti, Maria Tedeschi, Maiolini and Horowitz are generiche, so must Mingozzi, Mario Del Vago, Salvatore Porcaro and others too will be.
This, for me, is a very complicated issue to which there is no clear and definitive solution. Part of the difficulty is that there are several people who fall somewhat in the middle of what can be considered and actor and what can be considered a generico. It's difficult because I do consider Scagnetti, Mingozzi etc to me more than mere generici, yet it cannot be denied that throughout their entire career, they continued to appear in countless non-speaking roles in the background. As such, I find they belong in the same category as Calò, Franchi, Marrocu, Perego, Alias etc. At the same time it might be a little unfair to put them here, but I think some unfairness in unavoidable no matter what we decide...