Technical problems

Introduction Moderators Guide
Formatting styles Technical problems
mortimer

Re: Forum problems

Post by mortimer » 01/09/2018, 16:13

I resize it manually on my pc when it looks too big to me. For example if I had to upload pics of different size in the same post, I tend to level them out...

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Post by Emiliano » 01/09/2018, 16:17

It does not make sense to resize the images because in this way you get to make the quality worse. After all, the forum has a large dimension to leave large images.

mortimer

Post by mortimer » 01/09/2018, 16:22

You're right, of course. It's just a fixation of mine. :D

carlos
Name: Carl

Post by carlos » 01/09/2018, 16:26

As I understand it the forum will resize to fit in your browser window, so if you upload a large HD pic, someone with a widescreen can see it in all its glory but a smaller browser window will show the full pic but at the size to fit in the window. So we can upload our pics in full resolution, right? :)

mortimer

Post by mortimer » 01/09/2018, 16:31

Yes, I think so.

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 01/09/2018, 16:34

Please do not resize them. Any change of pixels leads to image degradation.

Emiliano
Admin

Re: Notes on the "migration" work

Post by Emiliano » 01/09/2018, 21:15

Just to clarify: I suggest to change only the topic author's name (at the first post of the topic), or in case we want to reconstruct important speeches on the recognition of an actor. Otherwise, to post the images only the "pic by = picture by" tag will be enough to give the actor recognition. What do you think?

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 01/09/2018, 21:23

I don't think it's necessary to try to recreate all posts and/or discussions unless it's something of more importance. I'm using the "pic by" credit, but sometimes it's also practical to collect all the roles found by one member and post them in one or two posts where that person is made the author of the post. It depends on what is most practical. I think it's working out quite well so far :)

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 02/09/2018, 15:16

For carlos: I would like to mention that the posts should be copied but the images no longer have to be on imageshack, they must be reloaded as attachments. Otherwise we are headed. We found this solution just because the images do not disappear anymore. Otherwise we must always travel in the forum in search of disappearing images: it becomes a new nightmare. Now go back to the posts you've made and if you find images on imageshack, reload as attachments. No hurry to finish everything. We can even take months, no one runs after it.

For everybody: It is a good thing for everyone to know that vecchiaguardia does not like to insert the images as attachments (for its own reasons), so if you find new images posted by vecchiaguardia (you can check it by right clicking on it and choosing "view image" from the browser menu), download them and reload as attachments.

mortimer

Post by mortimer » 02/09/2018, 16:20

Doubt of a newbie, a question. I see that often you put in the first post links to CIDb, IMDb, etc... filmos. How do we have to do about movies listed there and not here? Do we avoid to report and post relative pics?