Technical problems

Introduction Moderators Guide
Formatting styles Technical problems
Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Forum problems

Post by Emiliano » 28/03/2022, 23:07

Thanks to you too for your time. I know sometimes that I have too much enthusiasm for changing things. I hope to find the right balance.

Cos10000
Veteran
Name: Cosimo

Forum problems

Post by Cos10000 » 02/04/2022, 20:10

Hey, Emiliano

there is a small problem that I cannot understand and solve it!

I was about to edit and post the topic of an actor I created last March 23, Guido Alberti when shortly after entering the home page with my username and password and after entering Alberti's topic, I realized that the writing "Post Reply" and the pen to edit have mysteriously disappeared!
And the same thing also on the "Character actors" page where the word "New Topic" has mysteriously disappeared!
TECNIC PROBLEM 1.PNG
TECNIC PROBLEM 2.PNG
Instead, while, still on Chrome, I go to Alberti's topic and to the "Character actors" page before even putting my username and password (you will see the words "Login" with the photos at the top right) "New Topic" and "Post Reply are there and it is as if after entering my username and password there was also the pen to edit!
TECNIC PROBLEM 3.PNG
TECNIC PROBLEM 4.PNG
But how?!

Before entering these three things are there and after entering they mysteriously disappear ?!

So I can't edit anymore and can't post anything anymore!

These three things how do you have to make them reappear even after I entered the home page with the username and password, so I can finally start editing and posting again ?!

How can this be solved ?!

What should I do?!

You know something about this?!

You know it?!

Emiliano
Admin

Forum problems

Post by Emiliano » 02/04/2022, 21:47

Dear Cosimo, I'm sorry but here there are many topics that don't meet the standards for staying in the forum. Until they are fixed or you decide to delete them, you will not be able to add new contributions. This decision was necessary because in each topic all the rules reported here (1b) were violated and I had to partially remedy them by deleting pics or rewriting the texts.
Yet it would be enough to copy as others do without inventing oddities.

Cinema Italiano
Name: Sergio

Forum problems

Post by Cinema Italiano » 25/10/2022, 11:51

In reference to the section "Movie Database (Full Casts)" do we know if there is a limit of images that can be inserted in a single post? When I started and tried to insert more than thirty photos (for example in the "Uncredited cast") I could post up to 30 but I seem to notice that other forumers can put more. I do not know if for some unknown reason only I have a problem or if perhaps in the meantime something has changed.

Emiliano
Admin

Forum problems

Post by Emiliano » 25/10/2022, 11:59

Cinema Italiano wrote:
25/10/2022, 11:51
In reference to the section "Movie Database (Full Casts)" do we know if there is a limit of images that can be inserted in a single post? When I started and tried to insert more than thirty photos (for example in the "Uncredited cast") I could post up to 30 but I seem to notice that other forumers can put more. I do not know if for some unknown reason only I have a problem or if perhaps in the meantime something has changed.
Yes there is a limit otherwise the single page loading would be too heavy. The limit should be the same for everyone, there are no distinctions.

Cinema Italiano

Forum problems

Post by Cinema Italiano » 25/10/2022, 12:15

Emiliano wrote:
25/10/2022, 11:59
Cinema Italiano wrote:
Yes there is a limit otherwise the single page loading would be too heavy. The limit should be the same for everyone, there are no distinctions.
Thank you, Emiliano. The difference is probably due to the total size of the pics and in my case I was locked at 30 pics at my first attempt :ciao:

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Forum problems

Post by PeplumParadise » 25/10/2022, 12:32

Cinema Italiano wrote:
25/10/2022, 12:15
Emiliano wrote:
Cinema Italiano wrote:
Thank you, Emiliano. The difference is probably due to the total size of the pics and in my case I was locked at 30 pics at my first attempt :ciao:
I can usually manage 40 hi-def pics in a single post for the unidentified actors, but that is with no writing in between which probably makes a difference too. I think you can get around 30 in a post such as credited or uncredited actors where there is also writing describing the actors/roles

Cinema Italiano

Forum problems

Post by Cinema Italiano » 25/10/2022, 12:37

PeplumParadise wrote:
25/10/2022, 12:32
Cinema Italiano wrote:
Emiliano wrote:

I can usually manage 40 hi-def pics in a single post for the unidentified actors, but that is with no writing in between which probably makes a difference too. I think you can get around 30 in a post such as credited or uncredited actors where there is also writing describing the actors/roles
Thank you, Nick, it is very likely :thumbup:

Emiliano
Admin

Forum problems

Post by Emiliano » 25/10/2022, 13:11

Cinema Italiano wrote:
Emiliano wrote:
Cinema Italiano wrote:
There is a limitation of a single file, that not must be over 2MB. This is because one time someone starting out uploaded the 2-3 MB pics in PNG format for each snapshot. That it took optical fiber to download a page!

Cinema Italiano

Forum problems

Post by Cinema Italiano » 25/10/2022, 13:59

Emiliano wrote:
25/10/2022, 13:11
Cinema Italiano wrote:
Emiliano wrote:

There is a limitation of a single file, that not must be over 2MB. This is because one time someone starting out uploaded the 2-3 MB pics in PNG format for each snapshot. That it took optical fiber to download a page!
Thanks again, I post only in Jpg format and mostly my pics don't exceed 400 Kbs each one. I'll try a few solutions in my next post with the preview button and if I'll understand anything more, I'll write here. :superok: