Technical problems

Introduction Moderators Guide
Formatting styles Technical problems
Johan Melle

Re: Forum problems

Post by Johan Melle » 02/09/2018, 16:28

I see no reason to avoid reporting roles which are listed in the CIDb. I know that Ghibarian is always entering roles in the CIDb after they've been reported here, so it must work both ways, I think. Personally, I see these two sites as part of the same "family" :)

The IMDb is more problematic because I simply do not trust their info, so in my opinion it's best not to enter roles from the IMDb into the actor filmographies unless you've checked the film in question and an add a screenshot as well.

mortimer

Post by mortimer » 02/09/2018, 16:32

Thanks Johan.

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Post by Emiliano » 02/09/2018, 16:46

I agree. Those of IMDb should not be included like the others. Otherwise, if you like, you have to insert them like I did here viewtopic.php?f=20&t=247

mortimer

Post by mortimer » 02/09/2018, 17:18

Okay!

Emiliano
Admin

Re: Notes on the "migration" work

Post by Emiliano » 02/09/2018, 18:23

One thing is to attach an image as an attachment. Another is to insert the link of the image taken from the other forum.

If you upload images via link imageshack like in this post (viewtopic.php?t=26#p362) in case the imageshack account where the images are hosted is not a premium type, sooner or later these will vanish (imageshack keeps the images indefinitely for 1 or 10 years). And maybe that user who put the image will no longer be in contact with us within one or two years, so the image will be lost . While if it is loaded on this site, there is no longer the worry of having to constantly reload the images or check, because they have been inserted once and forever.

However, what is done is done, but for future images, upload it as an attachment if you can.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 02/09/2018, 18:40

Well, that's basically what I meant. I know there are a few posts to correct in Alessandro's topic, but otherwise, things should be okay, with the pics stored here.

carlos
Name: Carl

Post by carlos » 02/09/2018, 18:48

OK, I see you were referring to how I started out. Johan had asked me about that in chat so I changed to uploading. There was an explanation but it probably made no sense :) Is the way I'm doing it in the last 2 topics OK cause we may as well do it the best we can to start with. As you implied having to go back is risky since I for one will have forgotten where I need to go back to! Does it make sense to leave the dead links in or would you rather do the highlighted 'image lost' line?

carlos

Post by carlos » 03/09/2018, 18:32

I checked 3 times for Antonio Anelli so I made a topic and now he's in twice :ohno: I don't see Paolo Sereno. would it be easier for me to change the topic to him and you move to regular generic or you delete it and make a new one for Paolo? sorry I still figuring out this forum works :)

carlos

Post by carlos » 08/09/2018, 4:48

Hi Emiliano, FYI the picture link for Lina Alberti points to Lucia Righi

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 08/09/2018, 9:54

carlos wrote:
08/09/2018, 4:48