Possible generici

Quick identifications
Ciavazzaro
Senior

Possible generici

Post by Ciavazzaro » 25/12/2018, 18:26

Here the link for the video with possible genericis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xu3quSoHIU
Last edited by Emiliano on 16/01/2022, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

Johan Melle

Re: YOUTUBE VIDEO

Post by Johan Melle » 25/12/2018, 19:32

Thank you very much for this. The only one I definitely recognize is this older Asian man with glasses
Asian Generico.jpg

I know that I have seen him uncredited in a few other fotoromanzi and also in some films where Asian actors are featured.

One film I know I have seen him in in 00-2 agenti segretissimi (1964) as a Chinese agent
00-2 Agenti - Asian Generico1.jpg
00-2 Agenti - Asian Generico2.jpg

He surely appears in other movies too (we need to check spy movies from the 1960s) but I don't remember any at the moment...

Anyway, what is his name??

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 25/12/2018, 22:28

His name is Cho-Cha-Lung

For the other names i have put in the video, at 1'39 you can see i make a shot of the name of the two chinese (boy and girl ) Tao-Zee (the man) and Anny Wu (the girl) and the last chinese girl in the video is Tossy-Ko.

I remember i saw this older man in a fotoromanzo you posted, so great to have his name, im sure we will found movies for a him and a new generico can be put on the site :thumbup:

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 25/12/2018, 22:35

Great! Thank you! It's good to know their names, although I have my doubts as to whether all of them are real names. Tossy-Ko, for example, sounds like just a different spelling of 'tossico' (the Italian word for toxic) so maybe they tried to be funny because this girl seems to be playing a villain based on the photos :p

Anyway, what is the name of the fotoromanzo? The title, magazine, number, year of publication? I'm curious to know ;)

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 25/12/2018, 22:39

A very rare (sadly) issues called Margot published in 1972 and 1973, i was lucky to found 5 or 6 numbers because their cast are composed by generici, and so i found credited also bruno degni,raniero, and so on and more important so many other generici ,like mariano perroni the western one i am going to open a topic and you guys helped me identify some days ago (the one with the mole) and many others.
I think like you told me that maybe they are published for french market (if you remember in one the charachters names don't match the charachter in the fotoromanzo and so they probably write the french names instead of the italian.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 28/01/2019, 1:47

I've found our Asian friend in another Franco & Ciccio movie: 2 samuari per 100 geishe (1962) as one of Silvio Bagolini's henchmen
2 Samurai - Asian Generico1.jpg
2 Samurai - Asian Generico2.jpg

He's not credited, but the DCI lists five actors with playing "Bandito Cinese":

-Tsuyoshi Chida
-Vinh Phai
-Vincent Tsao
-Ho Fu Ling
-Chulaitis Siubareni

Our man should be one of these, so the name Cho-Cha-Lung is presumably a fake one...

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 28/01/2019, 1:51

Of them according to Imdb only Ho Fu Ling is credited in another movie
Il segreto dello sparviero nero (1961)

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 28/01/2019, 1:53

Yes, I found Ho Fu Ling in Il segreto dello sparviero nero. He's the man on the right in the first pic from 2 samurai.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 28/01/2019, 1:54

For the moment sadly we don't have other fotoromanzi with him credited, so i think we can leave this name, even if is probably a fake one, is the only one we have, what do you think ?

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 28/01/2019, 1:56

Sure. It's a name he used, so I think we can use it, even if the real name should be among those names I posted.

Now we need to find more movies with many Asian actors to find more roles.