Generici in La Dolce Vita (1960)

Quick identifications
Johan Melle

Generici in La Dolce Vita (1960)

Post by Johan Melle » 24/03/2019, 23:36

The book "I film di Federico Fellini" has a detailed cast list for La dolce vita (1960), where the actors (including many who are uncredited in the actual film) are listed in order of appearance. Here's the cast list from the book:
La Dolce Vita Cast1.jpg
La Dolce Vita Cast2.jpg

Some of these actors are not credited in anything else and might be new generici, so we might be able to make some interesting discoveries here ;)

Johan Melle

Re: Generici in La Dolce Vita (1960)

Post by Johan Melle » 24/03/2019, 23:42

Let's start with Paolo Labia, who plays the servant at Maddalena's house. He appears very in the film for just a few seconds
La Dolce Vita - Paolo Labia.jpg

I cannot find any other movies where he is credited, but there is a Paolo Labbia credited in the fotoromanzo "Sulle ali della tempesta", published in several parts in the magazine Cine Tipo during 1961, and he's the same man. I've seen him uncredited in some other fotoromanzi too (usually very small roles as a servant or butler) and I think maybe I've seen him in some Totò comedies too (I'll need to check again). I'll try to get a fotoromanzo scan where we have a frontal view of his face, but I really do believe he's a generico.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 24/03/2019, 23:48

This face is familiar to me, when well'have a frontal shot i will search in my database, thank you !

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 02/04/2019, 18:51

Here is his credited role in the fotoromanzo "Sulle ali della tempesta" (published in several parts in the magazine Cine Tipo during 1961) where his surname is spelled as Labbia
Sulle Ali - Paolo Labbia1.jpg
Sulle Ali - Paolo Labbia2.jpg
Sulle Ali - Paolo Labbia3.jpg

And here an uncredited role in the fotoromanzo "Regina del mio cuore" (published in several parts in the magazine Polvere di Stelle during 1957-58)
Regina Del Mio Cuore - Paolo Labbia1.jpg
Regina Del Mio Cuore - Paolo Labbia2.jpg
Regina Del Mio Cuore - Paolo Labbia3.jpg

And here on the left in the picture Rudy posted from Totò, Vittorio e la dottoressa (1957)
Toto Vittorio Dottoressa - Paolo Labbia.jpg

I do believe Paolo is a generico, so he's definitely someone to search for in films from this era...

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 02/04/2019, 20:41

Johan Melle wrote:
24/03/2019, 23:42
I think maybe I've seen him in some Totò comedies too (I'll need to check again).
I was right. Hehe! :p Here he is as a party guest in Totò, Eva e il pennello proibito (1959)
Toto Eva E Il Pennello - Paolo Labbia1.jpg
Toto Eva E Il Pennello - Paolo Labbia2.jpg

And on the right as an officer at the top secret Pentagon meeting in Totò nella luna (1958)
Toto Nella Luna - Paolo Labbia.jpg

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 02/04/2019, 22:29

Wonderful ! i was gonna ask you about that Totò movie, but since you post the pic before i can ask i think we both agree lol !
I really think we can open a topic for him, in the meantime i can begin to search in my database if i can found any role for him.
I will begin to download more 1950's movie, soon we will be able to make many more topics for generici of that age too !

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 03/04/2019, 0:06

And look who is in I vampiri (1957) :p

First at the funeral speaking some lines
labbiavampiri.jpg
labbiavampiri1.jpg
And then at the party
labbiavampiri2.jpg
Yeah Paolo is really a generico we can say but since it is your discovery i think is right that you open the topic if you want Johan.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 07/04/2019, 19:50

Ciavazzaro wrote:
03/04/2019, 0:06
Yeah Paolo is really a generico we can say but since it is your discovery i think is right that you open the topic if you want Johan.
Oh, my God! I didn't see this post until now!!! :unsure:

Anyway, great that you found another role. We should indeed open a topic. The only problem being that we don't have any good frontal shot to use as a profile picture. I'll have to look at some more fotoromanzi to see if I can find a good picture to use.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 07/04/2019, 22:30

In the fotoromanzo you post he have a good shot, for the profile picture maybe it can be cut the part with the dialogue.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 28/09/2019, 23:13

In order to identify the reporters.

This is Henry Thody from an ebay auction
henrythody.jpg
Donato Castellaneta,John Francis Lane are knows actor

Mario Mallamo is also credited in Forza G who can be found on youtube

Umberto Felici is also credited in L'oro di Roma (1961)and Su e giù (segment " Il Colpo Del Leone")
Il giornalino di Gian Burrasca (TV Series) episode I razzi nel caminetto (1965)

Maurizio Guelfi is also credited in La trincea (1961) as italian officer and Le inchieste del commisario Maigret episode Una vita in gioco as police officer

There is also a Maurizio Gueli but i don't know if he is the same man:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0345794/?re ... f_=nv_sr_2

François Dieudonné is credited as still photographer in two movies I centauri and Questione di pelle both from 1959.