Identify generici in fotoromanzi

Quick identifications
Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 20/01/2024, 0:25

I open this topic for a specific reason.

There are some fotoromanzi series in which sadly despite having big cast list, they never write the name of the charachter, so in order to found the names of the actors we have to make an exclusion work.

Considering Johan is still the biggest expert on fotoromanzi haha, i open this so that he can help me and us identify some fotoromanzi actors i still don't know well, so we can make new identifications and possible new generici.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 20/01/2024, 0:46

From Monica n 35 year 1969

The cast list
monica lista cast-compressed.jpg
This girl should be Lola Wigan
lola wigan monica-compressed.jpg
Antonella Palmieri (uncredited)
antonella palmieri monica-compressed.jpg
I think this woman could Margherita Gagliano
monica attrice nun-compressed.jpg
The ones i don't know
Actress 1
monica attrice1-compressed.jpg
monica attrice2-compressed.jpg
monica attrice3-compressed.jpg
Actress 2
monica attrice-compressed.jpg
monica attrice madre-compressed.jpg
monica attrice madre1-compressed.jpg
Actress 3
monica young nun-compressed.jpg
monica young nun1-compressed.jpg
Policeman
monica policeman-compressed.jpg
monica policeman1-compressed.jpg

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 20/01/2024, 0:48

I think Elena Altieri should play the mother in the fotoromanzo (given the age i can found online of her) plus she have many roles to check.

Margherita Mandrà is credited in the movie Il magnaccio (1969) so if anyone have it, we can check and see what of the actress is, and hopefully once discovered, we can found additional movies roles for her !

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 20/01/2024, 0:56

Ciavazzaro wrote:
20/01/2024, 0:48
I think Elena Altieri should play the mother in the fotoromanzo (given the age i can found online of her) plus she have many roles to check.

Margherita Mandrà is credited in the movie Il magnaccio (1969) so if anyone have it, we can check and see what of the actress is, and hopefully once discovered, we can found additional movies roles for her !
I suppose you are right about Elena Altieri. Not very familiar with her. The older woman in the fotoromanzo is someone I have definitely seen before, though.
In that case, it seems likely that the younger blonde woman should be Margherita Mandrà.

I would say that the nun with glasses is actually Rossella D'Aquino rather than Margherita Gagliano.

Can't name the policeman but he is a familiar face from other fotoromanzi.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 20/01/2024, 0:59

Rossella D'aquino i think maybe i have pics with her somewhere.

You have been very helpful as always dear Johan thank you a lot !

And little by little i will post more pics from my archive in this topic too, like i do with the other one.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 20/01/2024, 1:49

Johan Melle wrote:
20/01/2024, 0:56
Ciavazzaro wrote:

Actually i have a fotoromanzo where he is credited, but im in doubt that is right, because he is credited as Vittorio Calò, i have to say the other actors in the fotoromanzo are credited right (we have in that same one a nice little credited role for Mara Carisi) and plus i saw in some fotoromanzi this older man together with the young Vittorio.

I think is very possible they have the same name maybe (maybe he is the father or grandfather of Vittorio and they have give the young one the same name a very common thing at the time) plus we have already other examples of actors with the same name
Just think about Carlo Cattaneo, we know Carlo is former's Lella's husband name but in italian movies we have also another younger actor
named Carlo Cattaneo

So what do you think about this identification ?

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 20/01/2024, 1:54

Ciavazzaro wrote:
20/01/2024, 1:49
Johan Melle wrote:
20/01/2024, 0:56
Ciavazzaro wrote:

Actually i have a fotoromanzo where he is credited, but im in doubt that is right, because he is credited as Vittorio Calò, i have to say the other actors in the fotoromanzo are credited right (we have in that same one a nice little credited role for Mara Carisi) and plus i saw in some fotoromanzi this older man together with the young Vittorio.

I think is very possible they have the same name maybe (maybe he is the father or grandfather of Vittorio and they have give the young one the same name a very common thing at the time) plus we have already other examples of actors with the same name
Just think about Carlo Cattaneo, we know Carlo is former's Lella's husband name but in italian movies we have also another younger actor
named Carlo Cattaneo

So what do you think about this identification ?
It wouldn't be the first time there is a mistake in a cast list. Anyway, your theory could of course be correct, but it's impossible to say unless a second credited role appears, I think.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 20/01/2024, 1:56

That's the reason so far i did not post his pics from that fotoromanzo, but im sure sooner or later a second role will be found.
From my experience all the actors in fotoromanzi are credited at least 2 times.