Generici from Emanuelle e gli ultimi cannibali

Quick identifications
Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 29/04/2019, 23:55

This document with a list of generici from the movie Emanuelle e gli ultimi cannibali was published originally on the now defunt site Nocturno by the great Alessio Di Rocco

It refers to the jungle scene (which as you know was shot in Italy)
emanuelle generici.jpg
So it looks like among the cannibals there are Angelo Casadei and Antonio Spinnato anyone with a good copy can see ?

Also a very interesting name of this list is Luigi Atzeri who seems to be credited only in an episode from La Piovra as agente martini, the fact he should be present in this movie and then only credited in la Piovra many years later makes very probable he is a generico too

Johan Melle

Re: Generici from Emanuelle e gli ultimi cannibali

Post by Johan Melle » 29/04/2019, 23:59

That is very interesting. I will have to look at this scene, though I seem to remember that most of the cannibals are covered with lot of make-up and probably not so easy to get a look at. Will give it a try tomorrow.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 30/04/2019, 22:16

I've now studied this scene and I must say I'm very surprised to see that list of generici with only Italian names, because they clearly used some real Asians for these scenes. I recognize Hal Yamanouchi and Pio Tou and yet they are not mentioned in this document. In fact, it's mostly the Asian actors the camera focuses on. I'm sure there are some Italian but they are probably the cannibals whose faces are painted and they are almost only in the background. I cannot spot Antonio Spinnato anywhere. There's one shot where maybe Angelo Casadei appears, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, here are some snaps:

First the cannibal chief
Cannibals 01.jpg
Cannibals 02.jpg

Then the others
Cannibals 03.jpg
Cannibals 04.jpg
Cannibals 05.jpg
Cannibals 06.jpg
Cannibals 07.jpg
Cannibals 08.jpg
Cannibals 09.jpg
Cannibals 10.jpg

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 30/04/2019, 22:20

Cannibals 21.jpg
Cannibals 22.jpg
Cannibals 23.jpg

Possibly Angelo Casadei in the background on the left here but there are no other shots
Cannibals 24.jpg

Cannibals 25.jpg
Cannibals 26.jpg
Cannibals 27.jpg
Cannibals 28.jpg
Cannibals 29.jpg
Cannibals 30.jpg

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Post by Emiliano » 01/05/2019, 22:18

There are absolutely not italians in these pics...

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 31/07/2022, 1:34

Ciavazzaro wrote:
29/04/2019, 23:55
This document with a list of generici from the movie Emanuelle e gli ultimi cannibali was published originally on the now defunt site Nocturno by the great Alessio Di Rocco

It refers to the jungle scene (which as you know was shot in Italy)
emanuelle generici.jpg

So it looks like among the cannibals there are Angelo Casadei and Antonio Spinnato anyone with a good copy can see ?

Also a very interesting name of this list is Luigi Atzeri who seems to be credited only in an episode from La Piovra as agente martini, the fact he should be present in this movie and then only credited in la Piovra many years later makes very probable he is a generico too
Mauro, is there also a document showing the actors in the larger speaking roles?

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 31/07/2022, 2:43

Sadly at the time only that document was put on the nocturno website, i remember Alessio did write also the name of the actress playing the mad cannibal in the hospital in the opening

Only i don't remember the name, even if i think i have saved it on documents, or that discussion can be read on the wayback machine website with the chache pages of the old nocturno forum saved on that website.

And by the way i see after some years nobody still have put the pics of Luigi Atzeri from La piovra if anyone have it in good quality can put the pics, since is very probably a generico, considering la piovra is his only credited role, apart from this in the list of generici ?
If we have a photo of him in La piovra, we can see if he is a familiar face.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 31/07/2022, 2:52

Ciavazzaro wrote:
31/07/2022, 2:43
Sadly at the time only that document was put on the nocturno website, i remember Alessio did write also the name of the actress playing the mad cannibal in the hospital in the opening

Only i don't remember the name, even if i think i have saved it on documents, or that discussion can be read on the wayback machine website with the chache pages of the old nocturno forum saved on that website.

And by the way i see after some years nobody still have put the pics of Luigi Atzeri from La piovra if anyone have it in good quality can put the pics, since is very probably a generico, considering la piovra is his only credited role, apart from this in the list of generici ?
If we have a photo of him in La piovra, we can see if he is a familiar face.
Yes, I remember that the name of the cannibal girl was given, but not the details, so I thought maybe a document with the bigger cast members was posted too. I also don't remember the name given for the cannibal girl. Only that it was an Italian name, and that cannot be right because the cannibal girl is played by American actress Cindy Leadbetter. But unless I am mistaken, there was some kind of rule that films had to pay a larger fee to the Italian government if they hired more than one or two foreign actors in a film, so I think they deliberately cheated by given an Italian name in the documents instead of giving Leadbetter's name. Same with the cannibals. As Emiliano pointed out, they are all clearly played by Asians, yet the documents only list Italian names including Angelo Casadei, Dirce Funari and Antonio Spinnato, neither of which can be found. I think they cheated again by listing Italian names in the documents instead of the real names of the Asian actors (I remember also this trick of fakes credits for Italian actors in Passi di morte perduti nel buio (1977) and other films).

Anyway, what I would really like to know is who plays the female doctor at the asylum. Do you remember if this was stated in the Nocturno forum? Because this woman is a generica. I just saw her as Isabella Ferrari's mother in Sapore di mare (1983) and also recently saw her in Speed Cross, Assassinio sul Tevere etc.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 31/07/2022, 2:53

I mean this woman
Emanuelle Cannibali - Doctor1.jpg
Emanuelle Cannibali - Doctor2.jpg
Emanuelle Cannibali - Doctor3.jpg
Emanuelle Cannibali - Doctor4.jpg