Identifying the Amazons!

Quick identifications
Johan Melle

Re: Identifying the Amazons!

Post by Johan Melle » 13/07/2020, 16:45

PeplumParadise wrote:
13/07/2020, 16:38
Here are the images of Anna Maria Mancuso from the Cinecitta shop, to me she seems like she could be 37 / 69
Agreed!

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/07/2020, 16:56

Johan Melle wrote:
13/07/2020, 16:25

So... the dark-haired girl in the top pics and the blonde girl in the bottom ones? Is it the same girl in both pics? I'm struggling to recognize her, and even more with finding her among the amazon girls...

I was looking for her in Il raccomandato di ferro (1959), but had a hard time with that one too. Could she be this girl...?
Raccomandato Di Ferro - Girl1.jpg
Raccomandato Di Ferro - Girl2.jpg
The Toto film is almost certainly her, the character name matches and there are no other roles in the film she really could be. The other film I had to guess as the 2 women are never called by name, but neither is anyone else called by the name IMDb credits her with, but there are very few women in the film, so, assuming she appears, I think that has to be her. They seem to be the same woman to me, the features and profiles seem to match and I think they also match with the images of her found online. I have Gli innamorati so I'll see if I can find her in that.

Not sure if the woman in Il raccomandato di ferro can be the same though.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/07/2020, 17:10

Do we agree that these 3 are all the same? I think the top and bottom are definitely the same, the one in the centre I'm not so sure
14.jpg

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/07/2020, 17:26

This is Nadia Bianchi in Gli innamorati, it must be her as she's credited with this specific role in the credits. Unfortunately she's never seen in close-up and the images aren't too sharp, but I think she looks to be the same actress as in the other 2 films - however still not certain which Amazon she can be, but 4 is still my favourite.
screenshot10.jpg
screenshot8 2.jpg
screenshot7.jpg
screenshot6 2.jpg
screenshot3.jpg
screenshot11.jpg

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 13/07/2020, 18:03

PeplumParadise wrote:
13/07/2020, 17:10
Do we agree that these 3 are all the same? I think the top and bottom are definitely the same, the one in the centre I'm not so sure14.jpg
Top and bottom, yes, but I'm also not entirely sure about the middle pics. Maybe, but can't say for sure...

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/07/2020, 18:07

Johan Melle wrote:
13/07/2020, 1:10
This is Marinella Gennuso (on the left) in the TV mini series Peppino Girella (1963)
Peppino Girella - Marinella Gennuso.jpg

I'm thinking she could possibly be unknown 3. For more comparison, it should be noted that in addition to the titles listed on her IMDb page, Marinella is also credited in another peplum: Giulio Cesare contro i pirati (1962). So that's one to check.

Also, Unknown 7 is Anna Maria Surdo. I don't have any pics to post right at this moment, but I know very well what she looks like from numerous fotoromanzi.
No luck with Giulio Cesare contro i pirati I'm afraid, other than to confirm that she is credited, as the very last credit, so presumably does appear. There are an assortment of women in small roles but none at all that I could see with the chubby cheeks of the girl in your image and our no.3, but as I said all available copies of the film are pretty awful so I may have missed her.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 13/07/2020, 18:14

PeplumParadise wrote:
13/07/2020, 17:26
This is Nadia Bianchi in Gli innamorati, it must be her as she's credited with this specific role in the credits. Unfortunately she's never seen in close-up and the images aren't too sharp, but I think she looks to be the same actress as in the other 2 films - however still not certain which Amazon she can be, but 4 is still my favourite.
Also credited in Mi permette babbo (1956), but I've no idea who she could be in the movie. I think I officially give up as far as this actress is concerned! :tears_smile:

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/07/2020, 18:28

The actress in the centre here is the one I have identified as Luisa Rispoli in Arrivano i titani
uk4.jpg

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/07/2020, 18:34

Johan Melle wrote:
13/07/2020, 18:14
PeplumParadise wrote:
13/07/2020, 17:26
Also credited in Mi permette babbo (1956), but I've no idea who she could be in the movie. I think I officially give up as far as this actress is concerned! :tears_smile:
I'll persevere with her as she seems quite interesting in the roles so far. Unfortunately La zia d’america va a sciare, Sanremo - La grande sfida and Classe di ferro are titles I've searched for previously with no success and La chiamavan Capinera also looks like a lost cause.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/07/2020, 19:21

Johan Melle wrote:
13/07/2020, 18:14

I think this is Nadia in Mi permette babbo as the woman arguing in the butchers shop
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot4.jpg
screenshot5.jpg
screenshot6.jpg