Spanish generci

(forum for Spanish generici?)

Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
ChristofferSlotte

Spanish generci

Post by ChristofferSlotte » 23/08/2019, 19:59

Hello

is there any forum where Spanish generici and small-part actors are discussed and identified? I know of only this forum for Italians and Britmovie's forum (extras thread) for British actors. I have never heard of any forum for Spanish lesser-known actors or (strangely enough) even US actors. This is strange since there were so much more actors in US.

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Re: Spanish generci

Post by PeplumParadise » 23/08/2019, 20:22

I don't know of any, but a forum or database for Spanish actors would certainly be useful since many Italian productions were shot in Spain and vice-versa - maybe someone else knows of one. The Enciclopedia del Cine Español website is useful in that it's cast lists tend to include many uncredited actors, but unfortunately they don't include the roles the actors played, making them difficult to identify.

I would imagine that American generici are probably pretty well documented up until the start of the sixties, when productions were mostly Hollywood based and the extras would have worked for specific studios. After that it would probably be pretty difficult to catalogue them with so many productions being shot on location and generally using local talent as extras.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 23/08/2019, 20:49

Hello Christopher.

For USA Generici there is a very good site https://www.aveleyman.com/ also if you go on the uncredited titles on imdb there are listed many uncredited extras and they are correct, i have begin to be little by little an expert also on american generici, even if im not still so good as the italian ones.

Also there is another very good website i discovered from the britmovie where there many movies english, some italians and many americans with full list of generici and pics only i have to remember the name of it and then i will write here.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 23/08/2019, 20:51

Here we are the site is Movie Dude.
http://search.freefind.com/find.html?si ... ry=columbo

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 23/08/2019, 20:52

The aveleyman site has many mistakes and mis-identifications

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 23/08/2019, 20:53

Thank you for telling this Nick.
Moviedude is quite reliable from what i have seen so far.

ChristofferSlotte

Post by ChristofferSlotte » 23/08/2019, 23:42

yes, movie-dude is good.

I too have found lots of extras on IMDB. I wonder who puts these names there. Maybe the children of these extras? They recognize their parents in the films maybe?

Usually I tend to be careful about the info on IMDB. There are many mistakes there.

But the actors for old westerns should be rather correct since there are experts on western movie actors who have identified these people.