The Curse (1987)

(one of my favorite horror movies - filmed in Italy?)

Quick identifications
ChristofferSlotte

The Curse (1987)

Post by ChristofferSlotte » 27/03/2021, 20:11

The Curse from 1987 is a fantastic little horror movie about a meteorite that pollutes the water and the people on a farm in rural USA. As far as I know the interiors were filmed in Rome. I wonder where. The stunt coordinator was Frank Daddy, almost certainly Franco Daddi. I wonder if he also maybe doubled for Claude Akins or his son.

Here is a link to the film's page:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092809/reference

Angelo Casadei seems to be the patient who is coughing. It's an unintentionally funny scene. I can almost hear the director's voice: Now cough, ok cough again....and again... and again.

I never get tired of watching this movie

Johan Melle

Re: The Curse (1987)

Post by Johan Melle » 27/03/2021, 23:56

ChristofferSlotte wrote:
27/03/2021, 20:11
As far as I know the interiors were filmed in Rome. I wonder where.
The interiors were filmed at Dinocitta, the huge film studio built by Dino De Laurentiis in the 1960s and located in the outskirts of Rome. After De Laurentiis moved his operation to the US, the studio was seized by the government for non-payment of taxes. In the mid 1980s, the small-time US production company Empire Pictures bought Dinocitta and shot a lot of low budget horror and action movies there (including The Curse) because that was much cheaper than shooting in the US. Unfortunately, they went bankrupt at the end of the decade, but Dinocitta still exists as far as I know.