Requests for Emiliano

Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Re: Admin tasks

Post by PeplumParadise » 08/04/2021, 11:23

I think it's probably better to keep the brothers on separate rows, otherwise if you don't stretch the page to maximum width it appears like Sergio is a Dell'Acqua!
Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 10.19.53 copy.jpg

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Post by Emiliano » 08/04/2021, 12:04

Thankyou very much for your feedback Nick!
For a while I will just be busy modifying the forum and the filmographies.

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 08/04/2021, 17:03

Emiliano, can you insert these larger and better pictures in the topic of Alberto Dell'Acqua for the movie
Che matti...ragazzi ! (1974)
you can eventually use the small credit for him, or this poster credit i found
vlcsnap-01397.jpg
vlcsnap-01398.jpg
vlcsnap-01399.jpg
vlcsnap-01400.jpg
vlcsnap-01401.jpg
thanks

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 08/04/2021, 19:27

Can you check my new entry in the reformatted filmography for Bruno Ukmar for La tarantola dal ventre nero (1971) to confirm it is correct. It's one where he is credited for stunts but does not appear, which there wasn't a guide example for, so I assumed it would be the same as the "role not found" entry.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 08/04/2021, 19:51

PeplumParadise wrote:
08/04/2021, 19:27
Can you check my new entry in the reformatted filmography for Bruno Ukmar for La tarantola dal ventre nero (1971) to confirm it is correct. It's one where he is credited for stunts but does not appear, which there wasn't a guide example for, so I assumed it would be the same as the "role not found" entry.
This also opens up the question of whether crew jobs should be listed separately from acting credits, because credits as master of arms, choreographer etc does not always mean the person in question will also have an acting part. In the case of Arrigo Peri we have kept the acting and crew credits separate. Should we do the same in all cases? Or just in cases where someone has a lot of crew credits without appearing. A good example would be Goffredo Unger, who in the later stages of his career has a pretty significant amount of films where he has crew credits without appearing on-screen.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 08/04/2021, 20:02

Johan Melle wrote:
08/04/2021, 19:51
PeplumParadise wrote:
08/04/2021, 19:27
This also opens up the question of whether crew jobs should be listed separately from acting credits, because credits as master of arms, choreographer etc does not always mean the person in question will also have an acting part. In the case of Arrigo Peri we have kept the acting and crew credits separate. Should we do the same in all cases? Or just in cases where someone has a lot of crew credits without appearing. A good example would be Goffredo Unger, who in the later stages of his career has a pretty significant amount of films where he has crew credits without appearing on-screen.
That's a complex one since it would introduce the problem of whether or not to include a Master of arms credit alongside an acting appearance where the actor/master of arms is otherwise uncredited or put "uncredited as actor" or keep them completely separate or leave them as they are now.

Arrigo Peri was a singular case since his acting and production credits were mostly quite separate so I opted to divide his filmography as we have with most of the Occasional actors, but in his case he had a substantial acting career so I felt he belonged in the Actors section.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 08/04/2021, 20:10

PeplumParadise wrote:
08/04/2021, 20:02
That's a complex one since it would introduce the problem of whether or not to include a Master of arms credit alongside an acting appearance where the actor/master of arms is otherwise uncredited or keep them completely separate or leave them as they are now.
I agree it's a complex question with no obvious right or wrong answer to it. A separation isn't ideal due to the reason you mention, but a vast number of crew credits with no on-screen appearance like with Unger and also Nazzareno Zamperla isn't quite ideal either, which is why I thought it was worth discussing it and getting Emiliano's take on it. I'm not entirely sure what I prefer myself...

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 08/04/2021, 20:11

Johan Melle wrote:
08/04/2021, 20:10
PeplumParadise wrote:
08/04/2021, 20:02
That's a complex one since it would introduce the problem of whether or not to include a Master of arms credit alongside an acting appearance where the actor/master of arms is otherwise uncredited or keep them completely separate or leave them as they are now.
I agree it's a complex question with no obvious right or wrong answer to it. A separation isn't ideal due to the reason you mention, but a vast number of crew credits with no on-screen appearance like with Unger and also Nazzareno Zamperla isn't quite ideal either, which is why I thought it was worth discussing it and getting Emiliano's take on it.
I think for the moment we already have more than enough new changes to accustom ourselves to without adding more (and more work for Emiliano) - this one could be something to consider at a later date.

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Post by Emiliano » 08/04/2021, 20:22

A separate filmography could be done for stunt roles. So a filmography with real actor roles and a stunt one. kind of like IMDb does. I think the work will be more accurated in this way, but I am open to all your opinions.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 08/04/2021, 20:29

Emiliano wrote:
08/04/2021, 20:22
A separate filmography could be done for stunt roles. So a filmography with real actor roles and a stunt one. kind of like IMDb does. I think the work will be more accurated in this way, but I am open to all your opinions.
Personally, I think this will be too complicated because there are simply way too many roles that blur the lines between real roles and stunt roles as most of these people were indeed stuntmen-actors. What I meant was whether we should keep separate listing for titles where someone has only a crew credit (be it as choreopgrapher, stunt co-ordinator or whatever) and does not appear anywhere on-screen. But the current system with listing the crew capacity plus "does not appear" or "no on-screen role" or something like that probably works fine in the overall majority of cases, and then one can always make exceptions in special cases such as Arrigo Peri...?