Requests for Emiliano

Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Admin tasks

Post by PeplumParadise » 09/04/2022, 0:17

I think Alberto Mariconda and Maurizio Malan need moving somewhere else until more roles can be added.

Also we have the unidentifed male B&W generici (Dr. Mabuse, Lurch, Mr. Hyde, Original Whitebeard) in the list for the Unidentified Female Movie Extras

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Admin tasks

Post by Emiliano » 09/04/2022, 11:35

PeplumParadise wrote:
09/04/2022, 0:17
I think Alberto Mariconda and Maurizio Malan need moving somewhere else until more roles can be added.
I put these two in the topic-cauldrons of "to revisit". No icons for them at the moment.
PeplumParadise wrote:
09/04/2022, 0:17
Also we have the unidentifed male B&W generici (Dr. Mabuse, Lurch, Mr. Hyde, Original Whitebeard) in the list for the Unidentified Female Movie Extras
Was mine mistake. Now moved in Unidentified generici.

PeplumParadise

Admin tasks

Post by PeplumParadise » 10/04/2022, 13:07

How are your images so dark, even the RAI logo is grey, not white? I've noticed it in images from many films as I've been going through the topics. Often blu-ray and HD images are a lot darker than they are intended to be and need auto-balance or auto-contrast to make the images appear how they should and to make the actors visible and identifiable.
L'avaro (1990) Foti-1.jpg
L'avaro (1990) Foti.jpg

Emiliano
Admin

Admin tasks

Post by Emiliano » 10/04/2022, 13:13

PeplumParadise wrote:
10/04/2022, 13:07
How are your images so dark, even the RAI logo is grey, not white? I've noticed it in images from many films as I've been going through the topics. Often blu-ray and HD images are a lot darker than they are intended to be and need auto-balance or auto-contrast to make the images appear how they should and to make the actors visible and identifiable.
L'avaro (1990) Foti-1.jpgL'avaro (1990) Foti.jpg
I do not know. I have to check that it is not some strage setting. Later I will examine the problem thoroughly.

Emiliano
Admin

Admin tasks

Post by Emiliano » 10/04/2022, 17:24

I checked and there is no filter that obscures the images, they are simply broadcasted and played as they are. When the source is HD o new printings from 2, 4K, them are always at a lower tone, I think to be able to contain more colors. I should probably give it a coat of contrast correction before uploading them.

PeplumParadise

Admin tasks

Post by PeplumParadise » 10/04/2022, 18:14

Emiliano wrote:
10/04/2022, 17:24
I checked and there is no filter that obscures the images, they are simply broadcasted and played as they are. When the source is HD o new printings from 2, 4K, them are always at a lower tone, I think to be able to contain more colors. I should probably give it a coat of contrast correction before uploading them.
:thumbup: Yes, I think it's always better to have the images where the actors are visible and identifiable, even if that means some manipulation. I think media players and televisions automatically adjust the balance and contrast, but maybe when you make images they come from the source and not the adjusted broadcast? I'm sure most film makers never intend for their actors to be obscured in darkness - the worst is "day-for-night" shots where they are often totally black and impossible to see anything.

Emiliano
Admin

Admin tasks

Post by Emiliano » 10/04/2022, 19:13

PeplumParadise wrote:
10/04/2022, 18:14
Emiliano wrote:
10/04/2022, 17:24
:thumbup: Yes, I think it's always better to have the images where the actors are visible and identifiable, even if that means some manipulation. I think media players and televisions automatically adjust the balance and contrast, but maybe when you make images they come from the source and not the adjusted broadcast? I'm sure most film makers never intend for their actors to be obscured in darkness - the worst is "day-for-night" shots where they are often totally black and impossible to see anything.
I think part of the problem is also that the background of the site is very bright and this blinds the view a bit. But from now on I will fix the images before uploading them.

PeplumParadise

Admin tasks

Post by PeplumParadise » 10/04/2022, 19:36

I'm about to make the icon for Ezio Rossi, but looking through his topic I'm wondering if he doesn't belong more with little-known actors rather than generici since most of his roles are credited

Cos10000
Veteran
Name: Cosimo

Admin tasks

Post by Cos10000 » 11/04/2022, 0:10

Emiliano,

at least you take care of correcting and restoring my topics of my actors in "Topics to be revised"!

Find a free moment to do it!

Then, tell me later that I can start posting and editing the actors again!

At least remember me and do it for me, please!

Are you okay with that ?!

Goodnight, Emiliano!

Bye

Emiliano
Admin

Admin tasks

Post by Emiliano » 11/04/2022, 0:21

Cos10000 wrote:
11/04/2022, 0:10
Emiliano,

at least you take care of correcting and restoring my topics of my actors in "Topics to be revised"!

Find a free moment to do it!

Then, tell me later that I can start posting and editing the actors again!

At least remember me and do it for me, please!

Are you okay with that ?!

Goodnight, Emiliano!

Bye
Probably I can't explain myself.
It is you who must correct or delete your topics. After this is done, you will be re-enabled to post on all forums. I need to be sure that you understand which images can be put and which cannot.
See you soon.