Re: Admin tasks

Post by Johan Melle » 13/09/2020, 11:52

Emiliano wrote:
13/09/2020, 7:40
Johan Melle wrote:
26/08/2020, 22:19
FatmanDan wrote:
26/08/2020, 21:49
Again, I have to ensure you that I'm very sorry having caused this mess. Since nearly 10 years, and extensively in the last 5, I add facts and discoveries and the actors and crew credits there, first from my own database (which originated in 1997), then from literally every single existing Italian (aside the Spanish etc.) film from 1930 on (I'm at letter "N" in the 1970's, now) that was searched for credits in the film itself or - if not available to me - in other sources. It's just a thing of *not remembering* whether the actor data, IDs (and so forth) were originated by my own viewing and sighting or not.
It's a unsolved mystery to me, why info about Italian (etc.) films, collected by so few people in the world, are forced to be split into "here" and "there". So: sorry, again.
Please don't feel bad. I think I speak for everyone when I say your contributions are very welcome. Like you, I wish information about rare films and little-known actors could be shared freely here, there and anywhere really. I do not mean to make this into an unnecessarily big deal, but due to some uncomfortable incidents in the past, I'm being a little extra careful here and leaving all the decision about this to our site admin.
These words made me think. I think it's time to stop playing these games. From now on, feel free to use any information you are aware of. It is unthinkable that one should keep a diary to remember what one's identifications are or those of others. In the case of "exceptional" identifications in which the author is remembered, simply write it down. And with this the "debt" is paid off. So please update everything with the information that was left pending.
Thank you. I have updated Mike's topic with the new informations, and in the first post with the bio, I have credited the CIDB team with finding out his real name, so I hope this can be a satisfactory solution.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 13/09/2020, 11:56

Also, thanks for all the updates!

When you have time, can you also add Sonia Balabin to the most prolific generiche section?

And maybe look for Liana Del Balzo in Infanzia, vocazione e prime esperienze di Giacomo Casanova, veneziano (1969) as Woman attending sermon?

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/09/2020, 13:27

Johan Melle wrote:
13/09/2020, 11:52
Emiliano wrote:
13/09/2020, 7:40
Johan Melle wrote:
26/08/2020, 22:19

Please don't feel bad. I think I speak for everyone when I say your contributions are very welcome. Like you, I wish information about rare films and little-known actors could be shared freely here, there and anywhere really. I do not mean to make this into an unnecessarily big deal, but due to some uncomfortable incidents in the past, I'm being a little extra careful here and leaving all the decision about this to our site admin.
These words made me think. I think it's time to stop playing these games. From now on, feel free to use any information you are aware of. It is unthinkable that one should keep a diary to remember what one's identifications are or those of others. In the case of "exceptional" identifications in which the author is remembered, simply write it down. And with this the "debt" is paid off. So please update everything with the information that was left pending.
Thank you. I have updated Mike's topic with the new informations, and in the first post with the bio, I have credited the CIDB team with finding out his real name, so I hope this can be a satisfactory solution.
In any case the information regarding alternative names for Morris, unlike identifications of generici, is visible to the general public without logging into the site, so cannot be regarded as private

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 18/09/2020, 17:57

Please add an icon for Pietro Torrisi when you get a chance, thanks viewtopic.php?f=40&t=751&p=28389#p28389

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 19/09/2020, 23:59

An icon is also needed for Percy Hogan: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=752

Thank you! :)

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 25/09/2020, 21:02

and another icon, this time for Mario Pennisi viewtopic.php?f=38&t=754&p=28704#p28704

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 27/09/2020, 11:49

Updates needed for

Pietro Torrisi (last 3 movies in topic)
Clemente Ukmar (last title)
Stefano Oppedisano (idem)

thanks

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 27/09/2020, 15:19

I just noticed that both Aldo Formisano and Nicola Palumbo are missing from the A-Z list

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Post by Emiliano » 29/09/2020, 9:32

All icons added and roles updated. :thumbup:

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 04/10/2020, 0:49

Can you make a FILMOGRAPHY TO CHECK for these 3 generici for a movie which i have found

the movie title is : MICHELINO CUCCHIARELLA (1964)

Salvatore Campochiaro (role uncertain) (sources : Anica - Cinematografo.it)

Attilio Pelegatti (role uncertain) (sources : Anica - Cinema-Italiano db.de)

Hubert Salomon (could this be UMBERTO SALOMONE) ? (role uncertain) (sources : Anica - Imdb)

thanks