Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Admin tasks

Post by PeplumParadise » 28/06/2022, 20:23

Emiliano wrote:
28/06/2022, 20:11
Unfortunately, as you have already seen, I am very absent. The time has come for my departure for work and so until the end of December it will be very difficult for me to participate. However, I will try to fix any problems via smartphone and answer questions at least once a week.
I hopefully speak for everyone when I say that I think with the new formatting most of the admins are now able to do all that is needed when adding topics (I moved the topics for Dina De Santis and Alfredo Rizzo, so that is working OK), so, aside from any unforeseen major disasters, hopefully we can keep moving along while you are busy. You will obviously still be called upon when any executive decisions need to be made, but we will try to be patient in waiting for your response :)

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Admin tasks

Post by Emiliano » 28/06/2022, 20:30

PeplumParadise wrote:
28/06/2022, 20:23
Emiliano wrote:
28/06/2022, 20:11
Unfortunately, as you have already seen, I am very absent. The time has come for my departure for work and so until the end of December it will be very difficult for me to participate. However, I will try to fix any problems via smartphone and answer questions at least once a week.
I hopefully speak for everyone when I say that I think with the new formatting most of the admins are now able to do all that is needed when adding topics (I moved the topics for Dina De Santis and Alfredo Rizzo, so that is working OK), so, aside from any unforeseen major disasters, hopefully we can keep moving along while you are busy. You will obviously still be called upon when any executive decisions need to be made, but we will try to be patient in waiting for your response :)
Thank you very much for your patience and your perseverance. ;)

PeplumParadise

Admin tasks

Post by PeplumParadise » 18/07/2022, 11:11

Is there any way that new posts can be inserted in a topic other than at the end?

There was some discussion that it would be ideal to keep the topics in chronological order, but unless new posts can be inserted in a particular place in a topic then I don't think there is any way to do this without re-starting the topic every time a new role is found, which obviously is not practical

Emiliano
Admin

Admin tasks

Post by Emiliano » 23/07/2022, 18:05

PeplumParadise wrote:
18/07/2022, 11:11
Is there any way that new posts can be inserted in a topic other than at the end?

There was some discussion that it would be ideal to keep the topics in chronological order, but unless new posts can be inserted in a particular place in a topic then I don't think there is any way to do this without re-starting the topic every time a new role is found, which obviously is not practical
1.jpg
At the end of each page there is a small menu where you can decide how to see the order of the posts, whether by order of when it was written, by subject or by author. There are no other possibilities. To sort all the posts in a chronological order, you should therefore change the subject of each single post (the title in blue that repeats the name of the interpreter), inserting a value that places it at the top or at the bottom (for example the year) as the first element. So the title of the post should be for example: " 1962 - Ursus nella valle dei Leoni "and no longer the repetition of the surname and name of the actor. The first post then (the one with the biography) would not remain in its place and a trick should be found to place it at the top (for example by inserting a value such as zero before the name or a punctuation mark that puts it at the top). I can change the Default display order of all forums, which at the moment is "Sort by post time", so that all threads will be sorted by subject, but then each post of every forum will have to be renamed. :scream:

PeplumParadise

Admin tasks

Post by PeplumParadise » 23/07/2022, 18:35

Emiliano wrote:
23/07/2022, 18:05
PeplumParadise wrote:
18/07/2022, 11:11

1.jpg

At the end of each page there is a small menu where you can decide how to see the order of the posts, whether by order of when it was written, by subject or by author. There are no other possibilities. To sort all the posts in a chronological order, you should therefore change the subject of each single post (the title in blue that repeats the name of the interpreter), inserting a value that places it at the top or at the bottom (for example the year) as the first element. So the title of the post should be for example: " 1962 - Ursus nella valle dei Leoni "and no longer the repetition of the surname and name of the actor. The first post then (the one with the biography) would not remain in its place and a trick should be found to place it at the top (for example by inserting a value such as zero before the name or a punctuation mark that puts it at the top). I can change the Default display order of all forums, which at the moment is "Sort by post time", so that all threads will be sorted by subject, but then each post of every forum will have to be renamed. :scream:
Thanks, it sounds rather complicated, and probably a never-ending impossible task when considering every post for every actor.

carlos
Name: Carl

Admin tasks

Post by carlos » 23/07/2022, 19:18

Emiliano are you able to make a section for Westerns in the Movies Database? Or is a super-mod able to do this?

Emiliano
Admin

Admin tasks

Post by Emiliano » 23/07/2022, 19:38

carlos wrote:
23/07/2022, 19:18
Emiliano are you able to make a section for Westerns in the Movies Database? Or is a super-mod able to do this?
I'll do it tonight :thumbup:

carlos
Name: Carl

Admin tasks

Post by carlos » 24/07/2022, 2:10

Emiliano wrote:
23/07/2022, 19:38
carlos wrote:
23/07/2022, 19:18
I'll do it tonight :thumbup:
Thank you sir! and a belated Happy Birthday! :sunglasses:

PeplumParadise

Admin tasks

Post by PeplumParadise » 08/08/2022, 11:25

Could you please add a couple of new sections into the movie database.

First "Eurospies" which I will start with a couple of topics, I think they are generally regarded as being distinctly different from the type of films we have in the "crime" section.

Second, Bill Carson has posted a topic for Fellini's Intervista, which is currently in the "crime" section, where it obviously does not belong. It doesn't really fall under a genre, so maybe we can start a "Fellini" section? His films certainly deserve to have topics (I'd be happy to tackle a few of his earlier films) and most of them don't easily fall into genres.

I was also wondering how would be best to categorise films such as "Sandokan" pics. They are often lumped in with peplums due to Steve Reeves having appeared in a few, as are things like pirate films and historical swashbucklers like "three musketeers" films, so a possible solution could be to expand the peplum heading to "Peplum and historical" or something similar?
Last edited by PeplumParadise on 09/08/2022, 1:05, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Carson

Admin tasks

Post by Bill Carson » 08/08/2022, 13:55

I agree, in fact I was waiting for new genre sections to be created for insert the fellini's film in a better category.