Requests for Johan

Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Re: Requests for Johan

Post by PeplumParadise » 19/04/2021, 13:16

Whenever you get a chance could you check your better copy of La cento chilometri to see if this can be Artemio Antonini in the white scarf. I think it looks like him, but in the rather soft copy on you tube I'm not certain. He appears briefly at the start of the marathon and later as one of the men carrying the bed (in the scenes where Mimmo Poli and Veriano Ginesi also appear). My images for Janine Hendy could also do with being upgraded.
Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 10.42.07 copy.JPG
Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 11.47.29 copy.JPG
Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 11.49.02 copy.JPG

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 23/04/2021, 15:28

Another one to add to your titles to check (sorry!) since you have the best looking copy, can you get me some images of Nino Marchetti from Fifa e arena. He appears around 15 minutes in as the plane pilot and is also seen a minute or so later as the plane is disembarking. Thanks!

But good news is that you don't need to check La cento chilometri as it's popped up on Raiplay in a reasonable copy

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 23/04/2021, 19:35

PeplumParadise wrote:
23/04/2021, 15:28
Another one to add to your titles to check (sorry!) since you have the best looking copy, can you get me some images of Nino Marchetti from Fifa e arena. He appears around 15 minutes in as the plane pilot and is also seen a minute or so later as the plane is disembarking. Thanks!

But good news is that you don't need to check La cento chilometri as it's popped up on Raiplay in a reasonable copy
Yes, of course. I'm sorry for the delay. I've become unexpectedly busy this month, but should have some more free time this weekend.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 24/04/2021, 16:34

PeplumParadise wrote:
18/04/2021, 17:16
It looks like you have by far the nicest copy of Il vangelo secondo Simone e Matteo.

Could you get images of Roberto and Arnaldo Dell'Acqua and also grab me some images of Claudio Ruffini and Salvatore Furnari (who IMDb mis-credit as Arnaldo Fabrizio).
Here you go :)
Vangelo - Claudio Ruffini1.jpg
Vangelo - Claudio Ruffini2.jpg
Vangelo - Claudio Ruffini3.jpg
Vangelo - Claudio Ruffini4.jpg
Vangelo - Claudio Ruffini5.jpg
Vangelo - Claudio Ruffini6.jpg
Vangelo - Salvatore Furnari1.jpg
Vangelo - Salvatore Furnari2.jpg
Vangelo - Salvatore Furnari3.jpg

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 24/04/2021, 17:34

Johan Melle wrote:
24/04/2021, 16:34
PeplumParadise wrote:
18/04/2021, 17:16
It looks like you have by far the nicest copy of Il vangelo secondo Simone e Matteo.

Could you get images of Roberto and Arnaldo Dell'Acqua and also grab me some images of Claudio Ruffini and Salvatore Furnari (who IMDb mis-credit as Arnaldo Fabrizio).
Here you go :)

Vangelo - Claudio Ruffini1.jpg
Vangelo - Claudio Ruffini2.jpg
Vangelo - Claudio Ruffini3.jpg
Vangelo - Claudio Ruffini4.jpg
Vangelo - Claudio Ruffini5.jpg
Vangelo - Claudio Ruffini6.jpg

Vangelo - Salvatore Furnari1.jpg
Vangelo - Salvatore Furnari2.jpg
Vangelo - Salvatore Furnari3.jpg
Wonderful, thank you, Ruffini's topic should be up in a week or so (Nino Marchetti may just get in first), and Furnari won't be too far behind - I think all the dwarf actors deserve topics (is it politically correct to call them dwarfs these days?), Furnari and Arnaldo Fabrizio were the 2 big peplum dwarfs so I'll be getting them done and Franco Doria too a little further down the line

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 24/04/2021, 17:41

PeplumParadise wrote:
24/04/2021, 17:34
Wonderful, thank you, Ruffini's topic should be up in a week or so (Nino Marchetti may just get in first), and Furnari won't be too far behind - I think all the dwarf actors deserve topics (is it politically correct to call them dwarfs these days?), Furnari and Arnaldo Fabrizio were the 2 big peplum dwarfs so I'll be getting them done and Franco Doria too a little further down the line
I'll look at Fifa e arena for Marchetti a little later today. Do you need pics of Furnari in Sotto il placido Don (1974) btw?
As for which term to use, it's my understanding that many people prefer to be called "little person" instead of dwarf, but I'm no expert on this.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 24/04/2021, 17:43

Johan Melle wrote:
24/04/2021, 17:41
PeplumParadise wrote:
24/04/2021, 17:34
I'll look at Fifa e arena for Marchetti a little later today. Do you need pics of Furnari in Sotto il placido Don (1974) btw?
As for which term to use, it's my understanding that many people prefer to be called "little person" instead of dwarf, but I'm no expert on this.
It's probably a bit of a political minefield, and somewhat complicated when the majority of their roles are as "dwarf" :tears_smile: So "Seven Dwarfs to the Rescue" should now be called "Seven Little People to the Rescue" !! :roll:

and yes please as I don't have Sotto il placido Don

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 24/04/2021, 19:49

PeplumParadise wrote:
24/04/2021, 17:43
It's probably a bit of a political minefield, and somewhat complicated when the majority of their roles are as "dwarf" :tears_smile: So "Seven Dwarfs to the Rescue" should now be called "Seven Little People to the Rescue" !! :roll:

and yes please as I don't have Sotto il placido Don
My personal opinion about this is that the past is the past and history cannot be re-written. If someone is referred to or credited with playing a "dwarf" in a 1960s film, then that's the role they're playing. I certainly wouldn't refer to anyone as a "dwarf" or a "midget" today, but that's something else entirely. I don't like this mindset that a lot of people seem to have today that we must censor or remove works from the past that reflect attitudes that are now seen as unacceptable. Of course a film made 40-50 years ago is going to reflect the time period in which it was made, and some of the attitudes displayed might be seen as racist/sexist/etc today, but I think we need to just take this for what it is, rather than get all offended by it.

Anyway, these are the pics from episode 4 of Sotto il placido Don. Salvatore is credited with playing a mime actor, though I'm not really sure why since he is clearly heard speaking during rehearsal of the scene he's playing in
Sotto Il Placido Don - Salvatore Furnari1.jpg
Sotto Il Placido Don - Salvatore Furnari2.jpg
Sotto Il Placido Don - Salvatore Furnari3.jpg
Sotto Il Placido Don - Salvatore Furnari4.jpg
Sotto Il Placido Don - Salvatore Furnari5.jpg
Sotto Il Placido Don - Salvatore Furnari6.jpg

Coindicentally, I recently spotted him in episode 2 of Il sospetto (1972) as well. Just a very brief appearance where he's standing in a window and smiling creepily
Sospetto - Salvatore Furnari1.jpg
Sospetto - Salvatore Furnari2.jpg
Sospetto - Salvatore Furnari3.jpg

And this should be Nino Marchetti in Fifa e arena then. He's not someone I'm familiar with at all.
Fifa E Arena - Nino Marchetti1.jpg
Fifa E Arena - Nino Marchetti2.jpg
Fifa E Arena - Nino Marchetti3.jpg
Fifa E Arena - Nino Marchetti4.jpg

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 24/04/2021, 20:11

Johan Melle wrote:
24/04/2021, 19:49
And this should be Nino Marchetti in Fifa e arena then. He's not someone I'm familiar with at all.
Fifa E Arena - Nino Marchetti1.jpg
Fifa E Arena - Nino Marchetti2.jpg
Fifa E Arena - Nino Marchetti3.jpg
Fifa E Arena - Nino Marchetti4.jpg
Yes, that's him - thank you. He was another of those actors like Trilli, Pastore and De Filippo who started out in the 30's and continued playing small character roles through into the 70's, but, like the others, he was very often uncredited, even when, like here, you would expect him to be.

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 27/04/2021, 14:52

Hi, Johan

Yestarday i have looked for our MYSTERY charcater actor Craig Kelly to find more of his 20 movie roles he should have
played in the past, as you pointed out in his topic in the last picture

i had a great idea when i tought to look in the film daily yearbooks of the usa from the mid thierties to the beginning of the
fifties and to see in the actors alphabetical index if he was stated with a picture or more

but that was a desilution, not once did i found his name, so the only conclusion i could make is that he made these movies
but that his roles (very litltle then) were not placed in these daily yearbooks

So for me he is still my American mystery charactor actor, maybe we will not find any roles for him in the future
PS : I looked also in the Tv annual yearbooks and like Leoda Richards, he wasn't even listed