Requests for Johan

Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
van den bremt rudy
Senior

Re: Requests for Johan

Post by van den bremt rudy » 29/12/2021, 1:37

For Pigozzi i didn' found a credit for "Sfida sul fondo" (1976) and Commando leopard (1985) even if this copy was
very good and for Return, of the Saint there were no end credits also
Do you have the credit for these last two movies ?
thanks

I searched the whole net for these pictures and just found out that Commando leopard is on RARELUST.COM but i am not a member (i will ask Nick to download it for the credit)

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 29/12/2021, 3:11

van den bremt rudy wrote:
29/12/2021, 1:37
For Pigozzi i didn' found a credit for "Sfida sul fondo" (1976) and Commando leopard (1985) even if this copy was
very good and for Return, of the Saint there were no end credits also
Do you have the credit for these last two movies ?
thanks

I searched the whole net for these pictures and just found out that Commando leopard is on RARELUST.COM but i am not a member (i will ask Nick to download it for the credit)
I don't have Commando Leopard, but if the credits are in German then that would probably be the reason he's not credited. He's credited for sure in Return of the Saint. I have it on DVD. Somewhere...
Sfida sul fondo I remember have different English and Italian cast credits, so will have to compare.

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 29/12/2021, 9:07

Thank you Johan for comparing them, i see that also Carlo Cattaneo and Vittorio Ripamonti hadn't a credit for the Saint, but they have much smaller roles than Pigozzi i think
I know that there are some copies with different languages available sometimes, so in teh future if i can't find a credit for an actor:actress who mostly has a credit, then i will give a message to someone else who maybe has a DVD or Blu ray in his possession
We here in Belgium we don't have these Italian DVD's available as you know
I asked nick for a download of Commando leopard on rarelust

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 29/12/2021, 10:14

van den bremt rudy wrote:
29/12/2021, 9:07
Thank you Johan for comparing them, i see that also Carlo Cattaneo and Vittorio Ripamonti hadn't a credit for the Saint, but they have much smaller roles than Pigozzi i think
I know that there are some copies with different languages available sometimes, so in teh future if i can't find a credit for an actor:actress who mostly has a credit, then i will give a message to someone else who maybe has a DVD or Blu ray in his possession
We here in Belgium we don't have these Italian DVD's available as you know
I asked nick for a download of Commando leopard on rarelust
Images upgraded and credit added for Pigozzi in Return of the Saint (from the DVD, it's a British release, not Italian).

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 29/12/2021, 11:58

With the intention of giving you plenty of time rather than swamp you, these are the films I have been unable to find from your list, for topics I'm working on for actors active before the 60's that are somewhere near completion. Battiferri's topic should be ready to go in a couple of weeks, Gradoli and Barbi probably before the end of the January - no urgency for the images though, I can always add posts for the films as I did with Bartha that you can add images to later.

Follie del secolo (1939) images needed for Giulio Battiferri
Non me lo dire (1940) images needed for Giulio Battiferri
Ore 9: Lezione di chimica (1941) images needed for Giulio Battiferri
Nebbie sul mare (1944) images needed for Giulio Battiferri
Taxi di notte (1950) images needed for Giulio Battiferri
Auguri e figli maschi! (1951) images needed for Ciccio Barbi and Alfredo Rizzo
Io sono il Capataz (1951) images needed for Giulio Battiferri and Franco Jamonte (topic already posted)
Menzogna (1952) - images needed for Antonio Gradoli
Prima di sera (1954) imges needed for Giulio Battiferri

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 29/12/2021, 15:04

Okay, here are the Battiferri pics:

Follie del secolo (1939) as Man handing out flyers for the show. Uncredited.
Follie Del Secolo - Giulio Battiferri1.jpg
Follie Del Secolo - Giulio Battiferri2.jpg
Follie Del Secolo - Giulio Battiferri3.jpg
Follie Del Secolo - Giulio Battiferri4.jpg

Non me lo dire! (1940) as Chief creditor, and receiving the dubious honor of being kicked in the butt by Erminio Macario. Uncredited.
Non Me Lo Dire - Giulio Battiferri1.jpg
Non Me Lo Dire - Giulio Battiferri2.jpg
Non Me Lo Dire - Giulio Battiferri3.jpg
Non Me Lo Dire - Giulio Battiferri4.jpg
Non Me Lo Dire - Giulio Battiferri5.jpg
Non Me Lo Dire - Giulio Battiferri6.jpg

Ore 9: Lezione di chimica (1941) as Gardener. Uncredited. Impossible to get any good shots and not very recognizable either, but it's him (it's easier to see when you see the scene in motion).
Ore 9 - Giulio Battiferri1.jpg
Ore 9 - Giulio Battiferri2.jpg
Ore 9 - Giulio Battiferri3.jpg

Nebbie sul mare (1944) as Industrial company director. Uncredited.
Nebbie Sul Mare - Giulio Battiferri1.jpg
Nebbie Sul Mare - Giulio Battiferri2.jpg
Nebbie Sul Mare - Giulio Battiferri3.jpg

Taxi di notte (1950) as Engineer Forenti's chauffeur. Again hard to recognize but I think this has to be him.
Taxi Di Notte - Giulio Battiferri1.jpg
Taxi Di Notte - Giulio Battiferri2.jpg
Taxi Di Notte - Giulio Battiferri3.jpg
Taxi Di Notte - Giulio Battiferri4.jpg

Prima di sera (1954) as Porter. Uncredited.
Prima Di Sera - Giulio Battiferri1.jpg
Prima Di Sera - Giulio Battiferri2.jpg
Prima Di Sera - Giulio Battiferri3.jpg
Prima Di Sera - Giulio Battiferri4.jpg
Prima Di Sera - Giulio Battiferri5.jpg
Prima Di Sera - Giulio Battiferri6.jpg

That leaves only Io sono il Capataz for Battiferri. Will get to that and the others a little later.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 29/12/2021, 17:05

Wow, thank you, I certainly wasn't expecting you to do it straight away.

I've made a start on my list (copying you I've done it in the first post in my topic), but so far I've only been adding the films I have in good quality (and so far only A-L alphabetically), so there are plenty of rarer titles I have in poorer quality that aren't on there (yet) - so hopefully I'll be able to return the favour sometime :)

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 29/12/2021, 20:40

PeplumParadise wrote:
29/12/2021, 17:05
Wow, thank you, I certainly wasn't expecting you to do it straight away.

I've made a start on my list (copying you I've done it in the first post in my topic), but so far I've only been adding the films I have in good quality (and so far only A-L alphabetically), so there are plenty of rarer titles I have in poorer quality that aren't on there (yet) - so hopefully I'll be able to return the favour sometime :)
It was no problem. I had plenty of free time today :)

And, yeah, I might also add titles from later decades that I have in good quality. I didn't think too much about that for older titles, though, since in most cases we're lucky to find whatever is available. In any case, this is proving quite useful because it serves to give myself a better overview of what I have, so that's good.

Anyway, I've now carefully gone through Io sono il Capataz and I simply can't find Franco Jamonte anywhere. There's admittedly a very large cast, with many hidden away under big hats and fake moustaches, so I could have missed him, but more likely he just doesn't appear (I likewise couldn't find a young Sophia Loren who is also supposed to be in this).

I did find Battiferri, though. He appears uncredited as a Parazuelan revolutionary, but there really aren't any good shots of him. He's always far away from the camera or getting blocked by someone else, so these are the best shots I could get.
Capataz - Giulio Battiferri1.jpg
Capataz - Giulio Battiferri2.jpg
Capataz - Giulio Battiferri3.jpg
Capataz - Giulio Battiferri4.jpg
Capataz - Giulio Battiferri5.jpg
Capataz - Giulio Battiferri6.jpg
Capataz - Giulio Battiferri7.jpg

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 29/12/2021, 23:45

Johan Melle wrote:
29/12/2021, 20:40

Anyway, I've now carefully gone through Io sono il Capataz and I simply can't find Franco Jamonte anywhere. There's admittedly a very large cast, with many hidden away under big hats and fake moustaches, so I could have missed him, but more likely he just doesn't appear (I likewise couldn't find a young Sophia Loren who is also supposed to be in this).

I did find Battiferri, though. He appears uncredited as a Parazuelan revolutionary, but there really aren't any good shots of him. He's always far away from the camera or getting blocked by someone else, so these are the best shots I could get.
Thank you for looking and for the Battiferri images, and at least it was a profitable viewing with a few other finds.

Do you think I should move it to Jamonte's "not found" section or leave it on the off chance a better quality print turns up (I can't imagine there being much demand for Macario in HD!)?

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 29/12/2021, 23:57

PeplumParadise wrote:
29/12/2021, 23:45
Thank you for looking and for the Battiferri images, and at least it was a profitable viewing with a few other finds.

Do you think I should move it to Jamonte's "not found" section or leave it on the off chance a better quality print turns up (I can't imagine there being much demand for Macario in HD!)?
Btw, I noticed that Battiferri also pops up in Validità giorni dieci, which I just got hold of. Do you need pics from that one as well?

Yeah, you're right. I can add it to Jamonte's "not found" list as I'm the one who looked and didn't find him. Oh, and it's not Macario btw, but Renato Rascel :sweat3: Probably not a very in-demand title in any case, but it does have a couple of funny moments.