Requests for Carlos

Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Re: Requests for Carlos

Post by PeplumParadise » 10/01/2021, 12:31

Carlos, do you recognise either of the Bonadonna brothers from westerns at all? It seems a bit odd for 2 Italian stuntmen that, apart from one credited role for Giovanni in Black Jack and both appearing in the mid-70's in Carambola and Noi non siamo angeli, neither of them have any other known roles in westerns, and neither of them currently have many credits from the late 60's and early 70's when westerns were at their peak

Elio viewtopic.php?f=40&t=790

Giovanni viewtopic.php?f=40&t=791

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 10/01/2021, 13:19

PeplumParadise wrote:
10/01/2021, 12:31
Carlos, do you recognise either of the Bonadonna brothers from westerns at all? It seems a bit odd for 2 Italian stuntmen that, apart from one credited role for Giovanni in Black Jack and both appearing in Noi non siamo angeli, neither of them have any other known roles in westerns, and neither of them currently have many credits from the late 60's and early 70's when westerns were at their peak

I don't have anything to add as far as the westerns are concerned, but what I do know is that Giovanni at least got a lot of steady work from appearing in fotoromanzi. From around 1966 to 1971 and again during 1974-75, he appeared in a significant amount of fotoromanzi for the well-known publisher Lancio - always credited as Gianni Bonadonna or uncredited. He obviously never played any leading roles, but instead specialized in playing henchmen, thugs, cops or other parts that required some physicality. Having left Lancio, he began to do fotoromanzi for rival publisher Condor in 1976 and continued to appear in these until Condor ceased production in 1981. He played the same kind of roles here, but was also awarded larger, more comedic character parts here. His brother Elio also popped up in both the Lancio and Condor fotoromanzi, but only very sporadically and usually uncredited. Aside from Giovanni, the only stuntman I'm aware of that worked regularly in fotoromanzi is Claudio Ruffini.
Anyway, I've very familiar with Gi(ov)anni, and I can say for sure that it's him in the pics from Zorro posted in his topic.

Regarding Elio, from a bit of googling, it seems he was a wrestler, competing for the Associazione Sportiva Borgo-Prati and becoming a champion in the late 50s and early 60s.
Another interesting thing I've found is an Italian guy named Luca Zanna, who apparently runs a gladiator school in the US. In various articles and interviews with him, he explains that his interest began when he was hanging out in a gym that was owned by Elio Bonadonna and that he was trained by him.
This appears to be Zanna's website and on this page he talks a little bit about Elio (including that he appeared in Barabbas) and has a picture of him together with Ernest Borgnine and Nello Pazzafini: http://www.romegiftshop.com/spargladsch ... fullsite=1 That picture is clearly not from Barabbas, though. Looks like it's from many years later. Looking at Borgnine's filmography, my best bet is the TV mini series The Last Days of Pompeii (1984) so that one should be checked for both Elio and Nello.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 10/01/2021, 13:45

Johan Melle wrote:
10/01/2021, 13:19
I don't have anything to add as far as the westerns are concerned, but what I do know is that Giovanni at least got a lot of steady work from appearing in fotoromanzi. From around 1966 to 1971 and again during 1974-75, he appeared in a significant amount of fotoromanzi for the well-known publisher Lancio - always credited as Gianni Bonadonna or uncredited. He obviously never played any leading roles, but instead specialized in playing henchmen, thugs, cops or other parts that required some physicality. Having left Lancio, he began to do fotoromanzi for rival publisher Condor in 1976 and continued to appear in these until Condor ceased production in 1981. He played the same kind of roles here, but was also awarded larger, more comedic character parts here. His brother Elio also popped up in both the Lancio and Condor fotoromanzi, but only very sporadically and usually uncredited. Aside from Giovanni, the only stuntman I'm aware of that worked regularly in fotoromanzi is Claudio Ruffini.
Anyway, I've very familiar with Gi(ov)anni, and I can say for sure that it's him in the pics from Zorro posted in his topic.

Regarding Elio, from a bit of googling, it seems he was a wrestler, competing for the Associazione Sportiva Borgo-Prati and becoming a champion in the late 50s and early 60s.
Another interesting thing I've found is an Italian guy named Luca Zanna, who apparently runs a gladiator school in the US. In various articles and interviews with him, he explains that his interest began when he was hanging out in a gym that was owned by Elio Bonadonna and that he was trained by him.
This appears to be Zanna's website and on this page he talks a little bit about Elio (including that he appeared in Barabbas) and has a picture of him together with Ernest Borgnine and Nello Pazzafini: http://www.romegiftshop.com/spargladsch ... fullsite=1 That picture is clearly not from Barabbas, though. Looks like it's from many years later. Looking at Borgnine's filmography, my best bet is the TV mini series The Last Days of Pompeii (1984) so that one should be checked for both Elio and Nello.
Thanks, that's useful info that needs to be added to the respective biographies. Feel free to add it or I can if you prefer.

I went with Giovanni rather than Gianni since that is how he is credited in all but one of his credited roles.

Ruffini will eventually have a topic, but I've only recently added him to my list of stuntmen to collect images for, so will be a while yet unless someone else starts it first.

The image with Borgnine is definitely from The Last Days of Pompeii. I have the series so I will take a look (I haven't forgotten I also need to re-check Black Jack for the ladies).

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 10/01/2021, 14:44

PeplumParadise wrote:
10/01/2021, 13:45
Thanks, that's useful info that needs to be added to the respective biographies. Feel free to add it or I can if you prefer.

I went with Giovanni rather than Gianni since that is how he is credited in all but one of his credited roles.

Ruffini will eventually have a topic, but I've only recently added him to my list of stuntmen to collect images for, so will be a while yet unless someone else starts it first.

The image with Borgnine is definitely from The Last Days of Pompeii. I have the series so I will take a look (I haven't forgotten I also need to re-check Black Jack for the ladies).
I've updated Giovanni's biography. For Elio I'm a bit more unsure about how to go about it, at least as far as his wrestling career is concerned. From what I gather, it was Greco-Roman wrestling he did, but I haven't really been able to figure out what sort of level he competed at and became a champion, so some of our native Italian speakers might have to help out with that, but I'll add the other infos I was able to find.

Btw, that tattooed biker in 1990: I guerrieri del Bronx doesn't look like Elio to me. That scene was shot in New York and according to Enzo G. Castellari, the bikers featured in that scene were real American bikers - Hell's Angels members from what I remember.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/01/2021, 9:57

van den bremt rudy wrote:
06/01/2021, 0:48
Carlos, can you check these westerns

first for Attilio Dottesio
1972 Una colt in mano al diavolo (role : Jeremy Scott) (only trailers found on the net)
When you get a chance to check Una colt in mano al diavolo could you also check for Artemio Antonini, the listing on IMDb is a little strange as it says he plays the character of Jeremy the blacksmith, but then it also says it's a credit only! It sounds odd that both Dottesio and Antonini would be playing characters called Jeremy!

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 13/01/2021, 16:21

Carlos, can you search for Renzo Pevarello as saloon rowdy in the Turkish-Italian western Kucuck kovboy (1973) ?

i think that you have the best copy of this rare western movie
thanks

carlos
Name: Carl

Post by carlos » 16/01/2021, 18:32

PeplumParadise wrote:
10/01/2021, 12:31
Carlos, do you recognise either of the Bonadonna brothers from westerns at all? It seems a bit odd for 2 Italian stuntmen that, apart from one credited role for Giovanni in Black Jack and both appearing in the mid-70's in Carambola and Noi non siamo angeli, neither of them have any other known roles in westerns, and neither of them currently have many credits from the late 60's and early 70's when westerns were at their peak

Only the ones you have

carlos
Name: Carl

Post by carlos » 16/01/2021, 18:35

PeplumParadise wrote:
13/01/2021, 9:57
van den bremt rudy wrote:
06/01/2021, 0:48
Carlos, can you check these westerns

first for Attilio Dottesio
1972 Una colt in mano al diavolo (role : Jeremy Scott) (only trailers found on the net)
When you get a chance to check Una colt in mano al diavolo could you also check for Artemio Antonini, the listing on IMDb is a little strange as it says he plays the character of Jeremy the blacksmith, but then it also says it's a credit only! It sounds odd that both Dottesio and Antonini would be playing characters called Jeremy!
Not in that one. Artemio is in the similarly named Una colt, in pugno al diavolo.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 17/01/2021, 9:45

Thank you re- Bonadonnas and Antonini. I've added that title to Antonini's "does not appear" list

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 19/01/2021, 23:25

Do you have a better print (i doubt it) for the western Giù le mani carogna (1971) ?

if so, can yu search Franco Pasquetto as Murray
He is around 46 minutes 58 seconds till 48 minutes 41 seconds i think

also much more difficult, i didn't find him, can you find Marcello Meconizzi as saloon patron

thanks