Requests for everyone

Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Re: Requests for everyone

Post by PeplumParadise » 03/12/2020, 10:49

Daniela Rocca doesn't appear to have done any TV work apart from this one instance where she was a presenter for Gran Premio, which has multiple listings and features in Radiocorriere in 1963. Could someone who speaks Italian please take a look at these listings to tell me exactly what this programme is?
Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 09.31.54 copy.jpg
Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 09.33.50 copy.jpg
Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 09.32.35 copy.jpg
Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 09.33.12 copy.jpg

mortimer

Post by mortimer » 03/12/2020, 12:56

It was a game show, a sort ofJeux sans frontieres.

Buono Legnani

Post by Buono Legnani » 03/12/2020, 13:25

mortimer wrote:
03/12/2020, 12:56
It was a game show, a sort ofJeux sans frontieres.
O.k., but only whit singers, actors and dancers.

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Prem ... sivo_1963)

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 03/12/2020, 14:07

Thank you Mortimer and Bruno

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 10/12/2020, 16:57

Does anybody know where I can find the details of the dates when productions were filmed?

I'm specifically trying to find the order in which the 5 films starring Steve Reeves released in 1959 were shot, which is not necessarily the same order in which they were released.

I'm preparing my next stuntman topic for Giovanni Cianfriglia, who took over as Reeves' stunt double after Reeves sustained an injury shooting Gli ultimi giorni di Pompei. Cianfriglia appears in Il terrore dei barbari and La battaglia di Maratona, so they must have come later and does not appear in Ercole e la regina di Lidia where Reeves was still being doubled by Alan Steel, but I'm not sure where Agi Murad il diavolo bianco fits into the sequence to know whether or not Cianfriglia should appear.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 10/12/2020, 18:11

Good question. I have often wanted to know this as well. I don't think there's any website that contains this information, so you'd probably need movie magazines from the period as shooting and production of films would often be reported there. Aside from that, books about filmmakers can often contain such info. Given the prestige of Sergio Leone, I'm sure there must be some books on him that have more details about the shooting dates and details of Gli ultimi giorni di Pompei. Does anyone have any Leone books?

One thing that can be interesting is looking at the date when the censorship visa was issued (you can find these dates in the films' ANICA listings) because in some cases this date is much earlier than the actual release date. Looking at the films in question, though, that doesn't appear to be the case here.

I see that the first to hit the screens was Ercole e la regina di Lidia, with censorship visa issued on 31 January 1959 and then the first public screening on 14 February, so this one must have been shot in 1958.

Next is Agi Murad il diavolo bianco, with censorship visa issued on 4 June 1959 and then the first public screening on 21 June. However, Roberto Curti's book "Riccardo Freda: The Life and Works of a Born Filmmaker" reports that the film was shot in Yugoslavia in December 1958. It also says that Alan Steel/Sergio Ciani acted as Steve Reeves' stunt double.

Released the same month as Agi Murad was Il terrore dei barbari, with censorship visa issued on 20 June 1959 and then the first public screening on 30 June.

The final two were both released at the end of the year, with Gli ultimi giorni di Pompei getting a censorship visa on 11 November 1959 and then the first public screening the very next day on 12 November. That same month, La battaglia di Maratona got the censorship visa on 27 November and was released on 3 December.

Difficult to draw any hard conclusions from this, but based on all this plus what you wrote about Cianfriglia body-doubling etc, I think we can probably conclude that Ercole e la regina di Lidia and Agi Murad were shot first, in 1958, that the next one shot was presumbly Gli ultimi giorni di Pompei, with Reeves sustaining his injury there and that maybe Il terrore dei barbari and La battaglia di Maratona were shot post-injury but that Il terrore dei barbari ended up released earlier than Gli ultimi giorni di Pompei...?

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 10/12/2020, 18:27

Johan Melle wrote:
10/12/2020, 18:11
Good question. I have often wanted to know this as well. I don't think there's any website that contains this information, so you'd probably need movie magazines from the period as shooting and production of films would often be reported there. Aside from that, books about filmmakers can often contain such info. Given the prestige of Sergio Leone, I'm sure there must be some books on him that have more details about the shooting dates and details of Gli ultimi giorni di Pompei. Does anyone have any Leone books?

One thing that can be interesting is looking at the date when the censorship visa was issued (you can find these dates in the films' ANICA listings) because in some cases this date is much earlier than the actual release date. Looking at the films in question, though, that doesn't appear to be the case here.

I see that the first to hit the screens was Ercole e la regina di Lidia, with censorship visa issued on 31 January 1959 and then the first public screening on 14 February, so this one must have been shot in 1958.

Next is Agi Murad il diavolo bianco, with censorship visa issued on 4 June 1959 and then the first public screening on 21 June. However, Roberto Curti's book "Riccardo Freda: The Life and Works of a Born Filmmaker" reports that the film was shot in Yugoslavia in December 1958. It also says that Alan Steel/Sergio Ciani acted as Steve Reeves' stunt double.

Released the same month as Agi Murad was Il terrore dei barbari, with censorship visa issued on 20 June 1959 and then the first public screening on 30 June.

The final two were both released at the end of the year, with Gli ultimi giorni di Pompei getting a censorship visa on 11 November 1959 and then the first public screening the very next day on 12 November. That same month, La battaglia di Maratona got the censorship visa on 27 November and was released on 3 December.

Difficult to draw any hard conclusions from this, but based on all this plus what you wrote about Cianfriglia body-doubling etc, I think we can probably conclude that Ercole e la regina di Lidia and Agi Murad were shot first, in 1958, that the next one shot was presumbly Gli ultimi giorni di Pompei, with Reeves sustaining his injury there and that maybe Il terrore dei barbari and La battaglia di Maratona were shot post-injury but that Il terrore dei barbari ended up released earlier than Gli ultimi giorni di Pompei...?
Thank you, that answers my question about Agi Murad and saves me fruitlessly watching it searching for Cianfriglia in scenes where Reeves is fighting. :)

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 25/12/2020, 15:59

Does anyone know if there's a complete version of the South African film All the Way to Paris (1966) anywhere? This film was shot in many different European countries, including Italy, and there should be an Italian sequence featuring Mimmo Poli (who is credited with playing Italian Butcher), but there's no such sequence in the version found on YouTube. However, that version only runs 65 minutes and that seems rather too short...
All The Way To Paris Cast2.jpg

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 25/12/2020, 16:15

I searched different sites, but no copy whatever to find on the internet
South-African movies are very very rare to find even in the late 80's and begin 90's
there were some South African movies that came pout on VHS in Belgium in those days (I have a few)
but this one is unknown to me here
Sorry no luck

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 25/12/2020, 23:10

van den bremt rudy wrote:
25/12/2020, 16:15
I searched different sites, but no copy whatever to find on the internet
South-African movies are very very rare to find even in the late 80's and begin 90's
there were some South African movies that came pout on VHS in Belgium in those days (I have a few)
but this one is unknown to me here
Sorry no luck
Thanks. I guess there's no other version around at the moment, then, but will put the credits in Mimmo's topic at least.