Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Poggi, Nando

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/05/2023, 0:24

AYLMER wrote:
12/05/2023, 23:48
I had read somewhere many years ago that Poggi stood in for Kali in GOLDEN VOYAGE so put that as his character in Golden Voyage. IMDB had some weird policy where they tried to delete him from the cast list because a "stand in" is not a member of the "cast" in their view. I found out later that he's one of Sinbad's sailors as well and tried to add the to IMDB (and remove the uncredited tag on his entry) but it fails every time. It always says that it "needs evidence", even though I'll link to the stills on this forum which clearly show that he's credited. How IMDB works though is some kind of hidden clout system, whereby if I add something and then change or delete it, they remove my credibility (hence my ability to make changes). However if enough people put in an update on imdb eventually they will cave in. This is how the "Donald Wilson" and "Don the Dragon Wilson" FINALLY got separated after dozens of tries. If anyone else on here can try to make the change on Golden Voyage to make Poggi "Credited" as "Sailor" then it'll finally rectify the situation.
Nothing on IMDb should ever be relied upon without checking it yourself and we do not encourage or appreciate the copying of information from this forum onto IMDb

PeplumParadise

Requests for everyone

Post by PeplumParadise » 14/05/2023, 17:23

If nobody has any objections, I am proposing to start a few stuntman topics the old-fashioned way, i.e. with whatever roles I already have saved, since I don't have much inclination to go searching through multiple westerns and crime films for the umpteenth time when I know others will already have images saved from these genres, but otherwise it will be a long wait for these actors to get topics as I don't think anyone else is hurrying to create them and the stuntmen don't seem to appear much in the database topics. The only thing I am nervous about is that certain people may immediately fill the topics with sub-standard images from the first prints they find, but hopefully those who have HD images saved will get those in first.

The stuntmen in question are Giancarlo Bastianoni, Gaetano Scala and, since Christoffer keeps bringing him up, Benito Stefanelli.

I will wait until people have added whatever images they already have before filling in the titles to check.
Last edited by PeplumParadise on 14/05/2023, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

carlos
Name: Carl

Requests for everyone

Post by carlos » 14/05/2023, 17:25

PeplumParadise wrote:
14/05/2023, 17:23
If nobody has any objections I'm proposing to start a few stuntman topics the old-fashioned way, i.e. with whatever roles I already have saved, since I don't have much inclination to go searching through multiple westerns and crime films for the umpteenth time when I know others will already have images saved from these genres, but otherwise it will be a long wait for these actors to get topics as I don't think anyone else is hurrying to create them and the stuntmen don't seem to appear much in the database topics. The only thing I am nervous about is that certain people may immediately fill the topics with sub-standard images from the first prints they find, but hopefully those who have HD images saved will get those in first.

The stuntmen in question are Giancarlo Bastianoni, Gaetano Scala and, since Christoffer keeps bringing him up, Benito Stefanelli.

I will wait until people have added whatever images they already have before filling in the titles to check.
:thumbup:

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Requests for everyone

Post by van den bremt rudy » 17/05/2023, 23:49

Can someone put now the right credit picture for Stefanelli in Du rififi à Paname (1966)
Delete the first one, thank you.
vlcsnap-2023-05-17-22h33m27s637 1.jpg

FatmanDan
Name: Daniel

Requests for everyone

Post by FatmanDan » 17/05/2023, 23:52

done

vecchiaguardia

Requests for everyone

Post by vecchiaguardia » 25/05/2023, 12:26

@PeplumParadise
I have the Italian version of Spartaco (1953), but unfortunately some opening credits signs are missing.

Here's what I got:
spartaco opening credit (1).jpg
spartaco opening credit (2).jpg
spartaco opening credit (3).jpg

PeplumParadise

Requests for everyone

Post by PeplumParadise » 25/05/2023, 12:37

vecchiaguardia wrote:
25/05/2023, 12:26
@PeplumParadise
I have the Italian version of Spartaco (1953), but unfortunately some opening credits signs are missing.

Here's what I got:

spartaco opening credit (1).jpgspartaco opening credit (2).jpgspartaco opening credit (3).jpg
Thank you, unfortunately no credit for Nerio Bernardi, but at least we can add the credit for Umberto Silvestri :thumbup:

FatmanDan
Name: Daniel

Requests for everyone

Post by FatmanDan » 26/05/2023, 20:40

Please have a look at the lastest Lorenzo Piani entry for which I added a second pic, but I'm not totally sure if it's him: viewtopic.php?f=19&p=69712#p69712

Cinema Italiano
Name: Sergio

Requests for everyone

Post by Cinema Italiano » 27/05/2023, 10:04

FatmanDan wrote:
26/05/2023, 20:40
Please have a look at the lastest Lorenzo Piani entry for which I added a second pic, but I'm not totally sure if it's him: viewtopic.php?f=19&p=69712#p69712
Judging from the photos, it would actually look like Lorenzo Piani to me

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Requests for everyone

Post by van den bremt rudy » 27/05/2023, 12:44

Yes it is Piani for sure, i know him well for a long time.