Requests for everyone

Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
van den bremt rudy
Senior

Re: Requests for everyone

Post by van den bremt rudy » 11/01/2020, 17:47

Re : Un milione di dollari per sette assassini (Erika Blanc) (aka last man to kill)

has someone this eurospy movie in a reasonably good condition ?
i have found it, but the pictures are not good, if nobody has it, then i can maybe use these pictures
thank you
vlcsnap-00756.jpg
vlcsnap-00755.jpg
vlcsnap-00752.jpg

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 11/01/2020, 19:48

Rudy, I've actually been looking for this movie and never been able to find it in anything even resembling a decent version, and from what I can remember, others here have looked for a better version too, but with no luck. So it doesn't look like a better version is easily available anywhere.

But I must say, though, that just because there's a topic for Erika Blanc, it doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to try to get pics of every single movie she appeared in - at least not if you are unable to find decent sources. I'm just saying this because there are quite a few screenshots being posted that leave A LOT to be desired in terms of picture quality, and if you get too many posts like that, it will not be very aesthetically pleasing to browse through the topics.

Obviously, some movies simply aren't available anywhere in good-looking versions, with Un milione di dollari per sette assassini being a good example of this, and in that case we'll just have to do with the poor-looking versions available. But a well-known and famous movie like for example Operazione paura can quite easily be found in very nice high-quality versions that look much nicer than the fuzzy YouTube-sourced screenshots we now have in Erika's topic. And the same with the film Milano trema which Ciavazzaro posted pics of recently. This, too, is not a rare or hard to find movie, so I don't see any reason why sub-par YouTube copies should be used for getting screenshots from such films. I therefore strongly urge all members to try put some extra effort into trying to find good versions and to not retort to YouTube copies before having tried venues first. This, I think, will help make the topics look nicer.

Just my personal opinion, of course, and only stated with the best of intentions :)

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 12/01/2020, 0:04

Yes johan, i know what you mean, i too would like to find good pictures
i don't have hd versions of italian movies or movies in my possession, so for a member it is not Always possible
to find them on download sites that are for free
no offence, i understand your informations
i will try to find the best pictures if they are available, if not i will try to do a request to one of you
if you find better pictures for OPERAZIONE PAURA, please correct them
for erika in the last picture LAST MAN TO KILL, no good copy is available, maybe i can post these pictures
regards
rudy

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 12/01/2020, 0:45

van den bremt rudy wrote:
12/01/2020, 0:04
Yes johan, i know what you mean, i too would like to find good pictures
i don't have hd versions of italian movies or movies in my possession, so for a member it is not Always possible
to find them on download sites that are for free
no offence, i understand your informations
i will try to find the best pictures if they are available, if not i will try to do a request to one of you
if you find better pictures for OPERAZIONE PAURA, please correct them
for erika in the last picture LAST MAN TO KILL, no good copy is available, maybe i can post these pictures
regards
rudy
Of course post the pics from Last Man to Kill. I don't have a better version, and I too have posted pics from some bad versions when nothing better is available, so no problem with that :) I have the DVD of Operazione paura somewhere...
As for download sites, there are many free ones (I believe several have been listed in a topic here) but the problem is that it can be very slow to download with the free versions. If you get premium versions, however, you can download really fast. Although this does cost a little money, it's worth it in my opinion, but it's all a matter of priorities of course. Don't worry :)

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 12/01/2020, 0:53

i have rarefilm.net, just a month or two, there is also rarelust.com (not member at this moment)
you have to be Lucky with how many movies there are on these sites for the actors
some have many movies, others a few, on my knowledge there are no italian websites with older movies (?)
so our possibilities are a little more restricted, but we will do our best as Always

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 12/01/2020, 10:57

Johan Melle wrote:
11/01/2020, 19:48
Rudy, I've actually been looking for this movie and never been able to find it in anything even resembling a decent version, and from what I can remember, others here have looked for a better version too, but with no luck. So it doesn't look like a better version is easily available anywhere.

But I must say, though, that just because there's a topic for Erika Blanc, it doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to try to get pics of every single movie she appeared in - at least not if you are unable to find decent sources. I'm just saying this because there are quite a few screenshots being posted that leave A LOT to be desired in terms of picture quality, and if you get too many posts like that, it will not be very aesthetically pleasing to browse through the topics.

Obviously, some movies simply aren't available anywhere in good-looking versions, with Un milione di dollari per sette assassini being a good example of this, and in that case we'll just have to do with the poor-looking versions available. But a well-known and famous movie like for example Operazione paura can quite easily be found in very nice high-quality versions that look much nicer than the fuzzy YouTube-sourced screenshots we now have in Erika's topic. And the same with the film Milano trema which Ciavazzaro posted pics of recently. This, too, is not a rare or hard to find movie, so I don't see any reason why sub-par YouTube copies should be used for getting screenshots from such films. I therefore strongly urge all members to try put some extra effort into trying to find good versions and to not retort to YouTube copies before having tried venues first. This, I think, will help make the topics look nicer.

Just my personal opinion, of course, and only stated with the best of intentions :)
I agree with what you are saying, but I do also think that having the most complete filmography should take priority over having an attractive looking page (though those actors in the "Stars" section should maybe be treated differently from generici, since with generici you usually have to take whatever image you can get, while the stars will almost certainly have some good quality publicity material to be found). The forum is a constant work in progress and images can always be upgraded afterwards by others who have better quality copies, and if the quality is poor then Rudy does generally ask if people have better copies before he posts.

It is also worth learning how to use Photoshop or similar photo-editing programmes. While a poor quality print of a film can never be made to look great, you are always able to improve colour balance, contrast, brightness, aspect ratios and removing black border lines. As an example here is one of Rudy's images from Last Man to Kill, and a second random image from the fairly good quality DVD of Maciste nella terra dei Ciclopi, before and after 1 minute of work in Photoshop. Most film copies we have are not perfect, even many blu-rays and hd copies are a lot darker than they should be and have black border lines, so to get the best looking images for the topics takes a little more work than simply grabbing an image from the film and posting it.
vlcsnap-00756-1.jpg
vlcsnap-00756.jpg
Snapshot-2016-07-30 at 09_47_40 PM-797941194.png
ac306.jpg

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 12/01/2020, 11:29

thank you nick for your comment
i also agree and that's my opinion that later on better pictures can be inserted in the topics
there are many older pictures that can be changed in the future
complete filmographies are and i agree with you nick very important for the actors and generici
i know sometimes it's difficult to find the best pictures, but will do our best to improve (have tried to make bigger
pictures from small ones but for any reason what so ever i do something wrong on the VLC player)

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 12/01/2020, 19:30

Yes, of course pics can be upgraded, and they can indeed also be improved with a bit of editing. As for aspect ratio, that can be corrected in the video player itself (be it VLC etc) so that you can avoid squished pictures where the actors look unnaturally thin, like the pics from Le spie uccidono in silenzio. It's not too difficult if you know how to do it, but I'm not very good at explaining how to do such things.
Anyway, my comments were just meant for consideration. It goes without saying that all contributions and discoveries are very welcome and appreciated :)

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 18/01/2020, 0:23

Has someone the following movies of Erika Blanc in good condition ?

1971 La casa delle mele mature as Judy Dominici
1971 L'uomo piµ velenoso del cobra as Leslie Garden
1971 C'è sartana vendi le pistola e comprati la bara as Trixie

thanks

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 18/01/2020, 0:31

van den bremt rudy wrote:
18/01/2020, 0:23
Has someone the following movies of Erika Blanc in good condition ?

1971 La casa delle mele mature as Judy Dominici
1971 L'uomo piµ velenoso del cobra as Leslie Garden
1971 C'è sartana vendi le pistola e comprati la bara as Trixie

thanks
I have L'uomo piu velenoso del cobra, I'll have a look through that and Cosi dolce...cosi perversa tomorrow