Requests for Rudy

Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
Johan Melle

Re: Requests for Rudy

Post by Johan Melle » 07/02/2022, 0:52

Rudy, thank you for bringing some attention to John Francis Lane, a very cool actor with an interesting career and for whom there are surely several more undocumented roles just waiting to be found as he very often popped up uncredited.

It's very unfortunate, though, that you have relied on such bad sources for the entire topic. This is a guy who appeared in a lot of famous films, most of which are easily available in HD prints, and yet I don't think there's a single picture in the topic that doesn't come from YouTube, Dailymotion, OK.ru etc and they are very soft and blurry (and made worse by being overly enlarged) or have subtitles. Why, oh, why do you choose to these poor sources for taking screengrabs? It really hurts the overall presentation when the entire topic is pictures of such low resolution, so if you are going to create actor topics then please try to put some more effort into locating good prints

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 07/02/2022, 1:05

Which sources are for you the best to take pictures from because here in Belgium i can't copy sources like Emule or other special movie websites
Th eonly thing i can do is taking copies of rarefilm.net (but i'm not connected at this moment) or rarelust.com
Do you know sites where to download easily and better movies without filling in my creditcard or something else ?
any suggestions are welcome (Sometimes they won't download here)
thanks for letting me know

I shall try to correct some titles in the near future in his topic when i am again member of Rarefilm.net (keep posted)

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 07/02/2022, 19:15

van den bremt rudy wrote:
07/02/2022, 1:05
Which sources are for you the best to take pictures from because here in Belgium i can't copy sources like Emule or other special movie websites
Th eonly thing i can do is taking copies of rarefilm.net (but i'm not connected at this moment) or rarelust.com
Do you know sites where to download easily and better movies without filling in my creditcard or something else ?
any suggestions are welcome (Sometimes they won't download here)
thanks for letting me know

I shall try to correct some titles in the near future in his topic when i am again member of Rarefilm.net (keep posted)
I'm sorry if you fint it difficult to get hold of good prints. Emule isn't an ideal source for various reasons, but I don't understand why that and other sites cannot be used in Belgium.

You mention Rarefilm and Rarelust, which are both good sources for rare films. Rarefilm uses NitroFlare to host their files. MyDuckIsDead also uses NitroFlare, so if you get a subscription with them you can download from both sites, which is a pretty good deal in my opinion. Rarelust on the other hand uses TezFiles. It should be mentioned that you do not have to get a membership and enter your credit card details with these sites in order to download. You can download for free from TezFiles for example, but the difference is that with a membership you can download large files in a matter of minutes, whereas with the free version, the download is slow and it can take several hours to download a film. So the question is if you think the price is worth it or not. Personally, I think it's a good deal. At least if you keep your downloads. If you just delete them as soon as you've gotten the pictures you need, you'll have to download them all over again if you need them for later.

Of course, another good alternative is to actually buy BluRays and DVD, thereby supporting the companies that release the films we like. That's also good! I don't think you can expect to get top quality stuff completely free of charge. I think it's worth it, though. What do you think? Are you satisfied with what you find on YouTube, Dailymotion etc? Surely, you must have noticed when getting the screenshots from Roma, I racconti di Canterbury, L'anticristo etc that those prints were pretty much unwatchable?

It should be pointed out that it is of course not a requirement to have subscriptions the sites mentioned above in order to be a part of this forum and to contribute here. The main goal is to learn more about and to build as large and as accurate filmographies as possible for our beloved generici and little known actors, and all discoveries are new discoveries are appreciated even if the source aren't always great. It is my personal opinion, however, that anyone intending to create actor topics, which is largely about collecting pictures of already documented roles, then effort should be made to find good quality prints instead of filling entire topics with pictures from very poor, low-resolution prints. If the point is to make a tribute to our favorite actors, then we should try to make their topics look as good as possible. This point applies in particular to Cos, whose low-res images of numerous different sizes within the same post and bizarre cropping of credit shots makes my head spin.

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 08/02/2022, 1:28

yes you are quite right about your statements and the best for the forum is to see nice pictures for the actor's and actresse's topics
I know about rarelust and rarefilm.net and regularly i suscribe to rarefilm.net and as you have said these downloads are indeed much better than the ones you mentioned before
I will correct some pictures in the topic of J F Lane with these downloads
Let us end with a positive note on this, we are making each other on the topics better and better

Cinema Italiano
Name: Sergio

Post by Cinema Italiano » 21/02/2022, 12:32

Hi Rudy,
many thanks for your additions to Sergio Testori thread. I noted that he has a credited role in 1988 Russicum - i giorni del diavolo. If you wish to add his credits here they are.
1988 _ Russicum  I Giorni Del Diavolo _ Sicario Della Falsa Suora In Piazza Navona _ Accreditato _ 05.jpg

Cos10000
Veteran
Name: Cosimo

Requests for Rudy

Post by Cos10000 » 21/03/2022, 17:28

Hi Rudy,
I wanted to tell you that Enzo De Toma in the 1987 movie "Il volatore di aquiloni" (where you rightly put the three photos of him where he appears) has his credit in the end credits!
You forgot to check the credits and put it in!
Here it is!
ENZO DE TOMA - CREDIT IL VOLATORE DI AQUILONI.PNG
By the way,
this time it's you who beat me in seconds in putting this movie! Me too, I had chosen this movie!

Now we are even! AH AH AH AH :smile: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

Cos10000
Veteran
Name: Cosimo

Requests for Rudy

Post by Cos10000 » 01/04/2022, 16:36

Hi Rudy, I'm COS!
First of all I wanted to apologize to Dan for the exaggeration I made last Tuesday regarding the actors who had been removed from the forum and it was my fault, even though I was actually asking this to Emiliano, because of me Dan left the forum!
But in reality I'm not bad, I didn't want to offend and I didn't want to put anyone at risk!
I just wanted to know something new from Emiliano that I didn't know about the forum rules, that's why the actors had been removed from the home page and Emiliano, the next day, told me!
He told me that only actors with at least 3 appearances and not with 1 and 2 appearances were accepted and that I hadn't read the guidelines yet!
Only in that moment did I understand everything and I hope it is the last news I heard about the site!
You must know that the actors who have been removed from the forum I have placed them here on Wikimedia Commons where I have registered as "Cos4000" and placed in "Category: Television actors from Italy"!
ACTORS IN WIKIMEDIA COMMONS.PNG
In addition to those removed from the forum, I have also posted others on Wikimedia and then I will post more later!
Obviously on Wikimedia I only put actors with one appearance and two appearances, since they do not accept them on the forum!
Do you like it as a surprise, Rudy ?!
I really hope so and I was hoping Dan liked it too!
I would like Dan to return to the team because he is very sorry for his departure because of me, but then again, I'm not bad, I just wanted to solve a question from Emiliano and that's it!
I would like to apologize for all this!
If you hear him, will you tell him for my part that I'm so sorry I made him so mad and then walk away and that I wish he could make up again?
You will see, I will not make him regret it and I will also tell him that I promise him that I will never be wrong again and that I will always behave well!
Without him we are not a team! You know?
I have always liked Dan, I respect him and he is one of the best and he always manages to recognize even the very unknown actors of the 30s, 40s, as well as those of the 50s, 60s, 70s, etc. .!
I really hope Dan will come back!
What do you say, Rudy?

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Requests for Rudy

Post by van den bremt rudy » 01/04/2022, 17:15

Well Cos(imo) thanks for your message and that all is cleared out now
You know discussions will always come on the forum and i remember when i first came to the site a few years ago i didn't knew these Italian generici actors/actresses but i sticked to it and see now !
I was more specialized in American actors and so on
We are are adults and don't see each other but as you said we must work like a team and do the best we can
So, apologizes accepted Cosimo

Regarding Daniel, that was his choice and maybe he would reconsider his absence soon, maybe teh changes and the discussions were a little bit too much for him, so we will wait for his return
greetings
Rudy

Cinema Italiano

Requests for Rudy

Post by Cinema Italiano » 06/04/2022, 9:20

Hi Rudy, first of all I wanna thank you for your contributions to Bruno Di Luia's thread. Referring to his addition in "I frati rossi" I have to inform you that he's not actually playing "Notary Berti" but "Grand Duke Lodorisio", In the first 3 pics he's seen in year 1480 and in the last 500 years later (it's a fantastic movie). The actor playing "Notary Berti" appears for a brief moment 10/11 minutes later (at 1 hour 11 minutes in my copy). Please change the role when you can and, if you wish, use these maybe better pics.
1988 _ I Frati Rossi _ Granduca Lodorisio _ Non Accreditato _ 01.jpg
1988 _ I Frati Rossi _ Granduca Lodorisio _ Non Accreditato _ 02.jpg
1988 _ I Frati Rossi _ Granduca Lodorisio _ Non Accreditato _ 03.jpg
1988 _ I Frati Rossi _ Granduca Lodorisio _ Non Accreditato _ 04.jpg

Cinema Italiano

Requests for Rudy

Post by Cinema Italiano » 06/04/2022, 11:57

Cinema Italiano wrote:
06/04/2022, 9:20
Hi Rudy, first of all I wanna thank you for your contributions to Bruno Di Luia's thread. Referring to his addition in "I frati rossi" I have to inform you that he's not actually playing "Notary Berti" but "Grand Duke Lodorisio", In the first 3 pics he's seen in year 1480 and in the last 500 years later (it's a fantastic movie). The actor playing "Notary Berti" appears for a brief moment 10/11 minutes later (at 1 hour 11 minutes in my copy). Please change the role when you can and, if you wish, use these maybe better pics.
1988 _ I Frati Rossi _ Granduca Lodorisio _ Non Accreditato _ 01.jpg1988 _ I Frati Rossi _ Granduca Lodorisio _ Non Accreditato _ 02.jpg1988 _ I Frati Rossi _ Granduca Lodorisio _ Non Accreditato _ 03.jpg1988 _ I Frati Rossi _ Granduca Lodorisio _ Non Accreditato _ 04.jpg
I raise :joy: Bruno doesnt play Notary Berti in this movie. Please remove this role from the post, thank you. This is the actor playing Berti:
01.jpg