Update reminder Topics in preparation
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 17/04/2023, 14:28

van den bremt rudy wrote:
17/04/2023, 13:50
http://www.hollywoodteenmovies.com/sams ... rview.html
Found some interesting things about Samson Burke in this interview by Larry Anderson on september 8, 2002 in Toronto.
First of all Samson said that he made a western in Italy around 1964 that he thinks was "Oklahoma John", but this title could have been changed later on and it was not "Il ritorno di Ringo". Larry (Anderson) couldn't find him in his movie copy.
Furthermore Samson said to him, that he made in Italy a series called "Cheienne TV" (western serie ?) in the 60's that contained 3 episodes of 1 hour, that it was completed ! but maybe never shown on Italian TV.
Also in the Fellini movie, didn't knbew the title anymore, he was a "Centaur" and in another take he was a "Pilot", you could see him in a sort of cockpit in the plane.
And last but not least, in the series "Magnum PI" in the 80's he was the stand-in for Tom Selleck and also stunt double.
In one of the episodes he is fighting with the helicopter pilot played in the series by Roger Mosley.

PS : there were also 2 projects he stated, that saw never the light of day, namely "Pacto diabolico" with Gordon Mitchell and "Il segno di Zorro".
So a lot of informations here, maybe you can put some in his topic.
Thanks, but there is already a link to this interview in his biography. As I say in his biography it seems that he was involved in many projects that were not completed, or, as in the case of Il segno di Zorro he does not appear, so either he remembers incorrectly or he was replaced. I'll add a few additional details to the Magnum and Fellini entries in the titles to check.

FatmanDan
Name: Daniel

Requests for Nick

Post by FatmanDan » 18/04/2023, 20:03

Just to show what I mean
Ray Master L'inafferrabile - Film Completo by Film&Clips25.jpg
Angelique (1964) BDRip4.jpg

Johan Melle

Requests for Nick

Post by Johan Melle » 19/04/2023, 20:38

Nick, here is Seyna Seyn in Un tango dalla Russia. I'm not very good with removing logos, so you might want to have a go at that yourself...
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn1.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn2.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn3.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn4.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn5.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn6.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn7.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn8.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn9.jpg

Seyna also appears briefly in most of the early "Chiamami Peroni" caroselli advertising the beer brand Peroni - in the episodes of the original "Deserto" series from 1968. You can find most of the videos here: https://carosello.tv/serie/chiamami-peroni/

As for nationality, it would seem she really was Burmese/English. This is what is says about her in a short piece in the magazine Girls International n. 2:
Girls International - Seyna Seyn2.jpg

And a press photo of her from Casanova '70 features some biographical details written on the back. I don't have the original picture, which was on eBay many moons ago, but did copy the original text, which reads like this:

Seyna Seyn had the signal honor of playing opposite Marcello Mastroiani in his first English-language scene in Joseph E. Levine's "Casanova '70", an Embassy Pictures release.
The exotic Burmese actress does it while he tries to unravel her from yards and yards of sari that she wears as a seductive Indonesian airline hostess. By the time he gets through unraveling, he's too tired to do anything else.
Seyna was born in Burma, of a Burmese mother and a British father, but went to England as a young girl and speaks perfect English. She became a popular British model and then started her movie career in the Bob Hope comed, "Road to Hong Kong". Next it was Spain, where she appeared in "55 Days at Peking", with Charlton Heston.
She went to Rome with Sean Connery to publicize "Doctor No" and liked the city so much she decided to stay. Director Federico Fellini liked her, too, and gave her a role in his latest movie, "Giulietta of the Spirits".
The graceful actress is also a professional dancer ("I picked it up from watching my aunts") and has appeared with Sammy Davis Jr. on a television show in England.
Though she has had no formal dramatic training, she appears to be a born actress and her role in "Casanova '70" should go far to establis her as a new star. "Casanova '70" co-stars Virna Lisi and was produced by Carlo Ponti and directed by Mario Monicelli.

PeplumParadise

Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 19/04/2023, 20:46

Johan Melle wrote:
19/04/2023, 20:38
Nick, here is Seyna Seyn in Un tango dalla Russia. I'm not very good with removing logos, so you might want to have a go at that yourself...
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn1.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn2.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn3.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn4.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn5.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn6.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn7.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn8.jpg
Tango Dalla Russia - Seyna Seyn9.jpg

Seyna also appears briefly in most of the early "Chiamami Peroni" caroselli advertising the beer brand Peroni - in the episodes of the original "Deserto" series from 1968. You can find most of the videos here: https://carosello.tv/serie/chiamami-peroni/

As for nationality, it would seem she really was Burmese/English. This is what is says about her in a short piece in the magazine Girls International n. 2:
Girls International - Seyna Seyn2.jpg

And a press photo of her from Casanova '70 features some biographical details written on the back. I don't have the original picture, which was on eBay many moons ago, but did copy the original text, which reads like this:

Seyna Seyn had the signal honor of playing opposite Marcello Mastroiani in his first English-language scene in Joseph E. Levine's "Casanova '70", an Embassy Pictures release.
The exotic Burmese actress does it while he tries to unravel her from yards and yards of sari that she wears as a seductive Indonesian airline hostess. By the time he gets through unraveling, he's too tired to do anything else.
Seyna was born in Burma, of a Burmese mother and a British father, but went to England as a young girl and speaks perfect English. She became a popular British model and then started her movie career in the Bob Hope comed, "Road to Hong Kong". Next it was Spain, where she appeared in "55 Days at Peking", with Charlton Heston.
She went to Rome with Sean Connery to publicize "Doctor No" and liked the city so much she decided to stay. Director Federico Fellini liked her, too, and gave her a role in his latest movie, "Giulietta of the Spirits".
The graceful actress is also a professional dancer ("I picked it up from watching my aunts") and has appeared with Sammy Davis Jr. on a television show in England.
Though she has had no formal dramatic training, she appears to be a born actress and her role in "Casanova '70" should go far to establis her as a new star. "Casanova '70" co-stars Virna Lisi and was produced by Carlo Ponti and directed by Mario Monicelli.
Thank you for the pics and useful information and a few more films to look through :D

Do you know if Un tango dalla Russia was originally a colour film? The shots appear like they're from a black & white print of a film that was lit for colour.

I'm not convinced about her being Burmese though, that seems like it was probably made up to make her seem more exotic since most of the roles she was playing were as asians.

I've never heard of Balione with Walter Chiari & Sean Flynn, though she did appear with Chiari in Gli imbroglioni and Flynn in Sandok, il Maciste della giungla
Last edited by PeplumParadise on 19/04/2023, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

Johan Melle

Requests for Nick

Post by Johan Melle » 19/04/2023, 21:04

PeplumParadise wrote:
19/04/2023, 20:46
Do you know if Un tango dalla Russia was originally a colour film? The shots appear like they're from a black & white print of a film that was lit for colour.

I'm not convinced about her being Burmese though, that seems like it was probably made up to make her seem more exotic since most of the roles she was playing were as asians.

I've never heard of Balione with Walter Chiari & Sean Flynn, though she did appear with Flynn in something else in 1964
Never heard of that film being in color originally. There's no mention of Telecolor or anything like that in the credits (although the credits are very sparse) and that fotobusta features black & white pics too.

Obviously, I can't say for sure about the Burmese thing, but we do have it reported from three separate sources at least...

"Balione" is unknown to me as well, and may very well be a project that never got off the ground.

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Requests for Nick

Post by van den bremt rudy » 20/04/2023, 15:15

I have read in the topic of Marianne Leibl the movie "Barabbas".
Was named in Cineguida i think, but no role given.
Do you have notice that she is in this movie and if you have some pictures about her, would be fine for her topic.
Thank you.

PeplumParadise

Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 20/04/2023, 15:19

20/04/2023, 15:15
I have read in the topic of Marianne Leibl the movie "Barabbas".
Was named in Cineguida i think, but no role given.
Do you have notice that she is in this movie and if you have some pictures about her, would be fine for her topic.
Thank you.
I don't know her well enough to find her from searching the movie. I will do a topic for this film sooner or later and maybe she will be found, but I am waiting as there is supposed to be a new restored version being released sometime soon

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Requests for Nick

Post by van den bremt rudy » 24/04/2023, 23:39

I notice dthat a long time ago, you have posted pictures in the topics of Pino Mattei and Bruno Ariè from the western Johnny West il mancino (1965).
I found out on the website "Spaghetti western database" that these 2 generici actors were also in the cast, maybe you can find them.
First of all :
Bruno Ukmar (as Jefferson gunman)
secondly :
Franco Daddi (also as Jefferson gunman)
thanks.

PeplumParadise

Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 25/04/2023, 0:14

24/04/2023, 23:39
I notice dthat a long time ago, you have posted pictures in the topics of Pino Mattei and Bruno Ariè from the western Johnny West il mancino (1965).
I found out on the website "Spaghetti western database" that these 2 generici actors were also in the cast, maybe you can find them.
First of all :
Bruno Ukmar (as Jefferson gunman)
secondly :
Franco Daddi (also as Jefferson gunman)
thanks.
I'm preparing for posting a new actor topic tomorrow, i'll look when i've finished that

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Requests for Nick

Post by van den bremt rudy » 29/04/2023, 18:40

Found the credit for Margareth Rose Keil in Scusi eminenza...posso sposarmi ? (1975).
There was only a poster credit, so can you put this credit into her topic, page 3.
vlcsnap-2023-04-29-18h35m58s506 1.png