Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 15/07/2021, 23:53

Johan Melle wrote:
15/07/2021, 23:43
I've now looked at the 5 per l'inferno DVD, and for me it still looks like Emilio Messina in both scenes.

Anyway, here are some pics of Sal Borgese in the film as I remember you need that
5 Per L'Inferno - Sal Borgese1.jpg
5 Per L'Inferno - Sal Borgese2.jpg
5 Per L'Inferno - Sal Borgese3.jpg
5 Per L'Inferno - Sal Borgese4.jpg
5 Per L'Inferno - Sal Borgese5.jpg
5 Per L'Inferno - Sal Borgese6.jpg
5 Per L'Inferno - Sal Borgese7.jpg
5 Per L'Inferno - Sal Borgese8.jpg

I also looked at I guardiani del cielo (1998) recently. Do you need pics of Sal from that too, or do you have it yourself?
Thanks for Borgese, those are much better than mine, and yes I could use images from I guardiani del cielo as I didn't have much luck finding his most recent movies post 1994.

I'm just working my way through the last of the films and should have his topic ready to go in a day or 2, it's a fairly big one so will probably take a couple of days to get up. Considering he's a rather well known stuntman/actor I have found quite a large number of undocumented peplum roles for him, which I think is good justification for him having a topic

FatmanDan
Name: Daniel

Post by FatmanDan » 15/07/2021, 23:59

I had the luck meeting Sal Borgese with my troupe 2017 in Almeria (alongside George Martin and Elisa Montes). Very nice guy.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 16/07/2021, 0:11

PeplumParadise wrote:
15/07/2021, 23:53
Thanks for Borgese, those are much better than mine, and yes I could use images from I guardiani del cielo as I didn't have much luck finding his most recent movies post 1994.
It's actually quite terrible, so not really worth hunting down in any case, but here are the pics. Sal is credited in both episodes of this two-part mini-series but appears only in the second one. He's also credited as head stuntman.
Guardiani Del Cielo - Sal Borgese1.jpg
Guardiani Del Cielo - Sal Borgese2.jpg
Guardiani Del Cielo - Sal Borgese3.jpg
Guardiani Del Cielo - Sal Borgese4.jpg
Guardiani Del Cielo - Sal Borgese5.jpg

If you're looking for some of Sal's other late television roles, then the Linda e il brigadiere episode he appears in is on RaiPlay here: https://www.raiplay.it/video/2019/11/Li ... 74f5a.html

RaiPlay also has all 12 seasons of Don Matteo, so you should be able to find his two guest appearances here: https://www.raiplay.it/programmi/donmatteo

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 16/07/2021, 0:25

Johan Melle wrote:
16/07/2021, 0:11
PeplumParadise wrote:
15/07/2021, 23:53
It's actually quite terrible, so not really worth hunting down in any case, but here are the pics. Sal is credited in both episodes of this two-part mini-series but appears only in the second one. He's also credited as head stuntman.
Guardiani Del Cielo - Sal Borgese1.jpg
Guardiani Del Cielo - Sal Borgese2.jpg
Guardiani Del Cielo - Sal Borgese3.jpg
Guardiani Del Cielo - Sal Borgese4.jpg
Guardiani Del Cielo - Sal Borgese5.jpg

If you're looking for some of Sal's other late television roles, then the Linda e il brigadiere episode he appears in is on RaiPlay here: https://www.raiplay.it/video/2019/11/Li ... 74f5a.html

RaiPlay also has all 12 seasons of Don Matteo, so you should be able to find his two guest appearances here: https://www.raiplay.it/programmi/donmatteo
Thanks again, and for the info :thumbup:

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 16/07/2021, 0:38

No problem :)

And I remember I also have Sal in another hard to find two-part TV mini-series that I'm guessing you might not have: Un cane sciolto (1990), where he plays a mechanic in the first episode at least. I've not been able to find the second episode, so I don't know if he appears in that one as well.
Cane Sciolto - Sal Borgese1.jpg
Cane Sciolto - Sal Borgese2.jpg
Cane Sciolto - Sal Borgese3.jpg

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 16/07/2021, 9:36

Johan Melle wrote:
16/07/2021, 0:38
No problem :)

And I remember I also have Sal in another hard to find two-part TV mini-series that I'm guessing you might not have: Un cane sciolto (1990), where he plays a mechanic in the first episode at least. I've not been able to find the second episode, so I don't know if he appears in that one as well.
Cane Sciolto - Sal Borgese1.jpg
Cane Sciolto - Sal Borgese2.jpg
Cane Sciolto - Sal Borgese3.jpg
and thank you again!

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 16/07/2021, 14:21

I completely forgot about this, but my DVD of 5 per l'inferno, which is the German release from Koch Video (released in 2008), includes a 46-minute documentary featurette called Helder von der Hölle. I just took a little look at it now, and it consists of interviews with Gianfranco Parolini, Gianni Garko and Sal Borgese, who share their memories of the making of 5 per l'inferno. Garko remembers Borgese being the film's maestro d'armi, and Borgese himself confirms having coordinated the fights etc even though he receives no such credit in the actual film.
Helder - Sal Borgese1.jpg
Helder - Sal Borgese2.jpg
Helder - Sal Borgese3.jpg
Helder - Sal Borgese4.jpg
Helder - Sal Borgese5.jpg

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 16/07/2021, 15:53

Johan Melle wrote:
16/07/2021, 14:21
I completely forgot about this, but my DVD of 5 per l'inferno, which is the German release from Koch Video (released in 2008), includes a 46-minute documentary featurette called Helder von der Hölle. I just took a little look at it now, and it consists of interviews with Gianfranco Parolini, Gianni Garko and Sal Borgese, who share their memories of the making of 5 per l'inferno. Garko remembers Borgese being the film's maestro d'armi, and Borgese himself confirms having coordinated the fights etc even though he receives no such credit in the actual film.
Helder - Sal Borgese1.jpg
Helder - Sal Borgese2.jpg
Helder - Sal Borgese3.jpg
Helder - Sal Borgese4.jpg
Helder - Sal Borgese5.jpg
Thank you, added to the rapidly growing pile :thumbup:

Now if only I could find copies of the final 2 "3 Supermen" movies - contro il padrino and in S. Domingo

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 16/07/2021, 16:45

PeplumParadise wrote:
16/07/2021, 15:53

Now if only I could find copies of the final 2 "3 Supermen" movies - contro il padrino and in S. Domingo
I see that both are on Emule, so I'll try to download them now ;)

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 16/07/2021, 17:10

Johan Melle wrote:
16/07/2021, 16:45
PeplumParadise wrote:
16/07/2021, 15:53

I see that both are on Emule, so I'll try to download them now ;)
Thank you, I would say they're probably worth a look anyway since I got lucky with all those generici in the oriental one.