Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 08/02/2022, 13:57

van den bremt rudy wrote:
08/02/2022, 13:28
Ok thanks Nick, i didn't saw Via Margutta in your list, but maybe it is still incompleted even with older titles
Yes, apart from peplums my list is mostly of films I have in good quality, I have a lot more not on the list, but they are in poorer quality

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 08/02/2022, 17:58

08/02/2022, 12:55
Nick can you help me out, if you have some spare time to replace my pictures in the topic of John Francis Lane regarding the movies "8 1/2" (1963) and "Roma" (1972) which you have i've seen it in your movie listings
I searched both movies at Rarefilm.net but there they are not listed but they are also on rarelust.com

For the movie "Via margutta" (1960) the movie wasn't available anymore at this moment (mayL'be someone else has it)

PS : I have put new and better pictures from rarefilm.net in his topic for these movies
La dolce vita, Il sorpasso, l'avventura and Sotto dieci bandieri
This afternoon i will put sme new ones for "Risate di gioia"
Well done :thumbup:

I have a fairly good copy of Via Margutta if it's still needed, as well as L'oro di Londra and some others.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 08/02/2022, 18:39

Johan Melle wrote:
08/02/2022, 17:58
08/02/2022, 12:55
Nick can you help me out, if you have some spare time to replace my pictures in the topic of John Francis Lane regarding the movies "8 1/2" (1963) and "Roma" (1972) which you have i've seen it in your movie listings
I searched both movies at Rarefilm.net but there they are not listed but they are also on rarelust.com

For the movie "Via margutta" (1960) the movie wasn't available anymore at this moment (mayL'be someone else has it)

PS : I have put new and better pictures from rarefilm.net in his topic for these movies
La dolce vita, Il sorpasso, l'avventura and Sotto dieci bandieri
This afternoon i will put sme new ones for "Risate di gioia"
Well done :thumbup:

I have a fairly good copy of Via Margutta if it's still needed, as well as L'oro di Londra and some others.
I upgraded Via Margutta, though my copy isn't great so if yours is better it could always do with re-upgrading.

8 1/2 and Roma also done from blu

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 08/02/2022, 21:07

I previously suggested that the "Fifties Red Beard" might be credited in La legge è legge (1958) as he has a larger than usual role and Aldo Vasco is credited for a similarly small part, and I pointed to the name Albino Morandin, who has only a handful of acting credits, but many more production credits.

One of the five films Morandin is listed with on ANICA is Siluri umani (1954) in which you've already found our generico. Another film in his ANICA filmography is Il prezzo della gloria (1956). Looking at the film, Morandin is indeed credited and our generico appears in a fairly large role as the navy postman
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin1.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin2.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin3.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin4.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin5.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin6.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin7.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin8.jpg

More importantly, he is also addressed with a character name, and it's "Morandin". So in my opinion there's no more doubt: our Fifties Red Beard is really Albino Morandin!

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 08/02/2022, 21:43

Johan Melle wrote:
08/02/2022, 21:07
I previously suggested that the "Fifties Red Beard" might be credited in La legge è legge (1958) as he has a larger than usual role and Aldo Vasco is credited for a similarly small part, and I pointed to the name Albino Morandin, who has only a handful of acting credits, but many more production credits.

One of the five films Morandin is listed with on ANICA is Siluri umani (1954) in which you've already found our generico. Another film in his ANICA filmography is Il prezzo della gloria (1956). Looking at the film, Morandin is indeed credited and our generico appears in a fairly large role as the navy postman
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin1.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin2.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin3.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin4.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin5.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin6.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin7.jpg
Prezzo Della Gloria - Albino Morandin8.jpg

More importantly, he is also addressed with a character name, and it's "Morandin". So in my opinion there's no more doubt: our Fifties Red Beard is really Albino Morandin!
Congratulations, another one down! :clap:

FatmanDan
Name: Daniel

Post by FatmanDan » 08/02/2022, 21:54

Congrats!! I quickly checked another Morandin credit, a late one, from ´Continuavano a chiamarli er più er meno` (1970), and here he is (in a bad quality, but identifiable)
Screenshot (1329)-min.png

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 08/02/2022, 22:36

Given that he was still relatively young in the 50's it looks like he went on to become Albino Morandin - production assistant/supervisor in the 60's and 70's.

IMDb choose to list him as Albino Morandini and Albino Morandis for reasons best known to themselves.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 08/02/2022, 23:20

FatmanDan wrote:
08/02/2022, 21:54
Congrats!! I quickly checked another Morandin credit, a late one, from ´Continuavano a chiamarli er più er meno` (1970), and here he is (in a bad quality, but identifiable)
Screenshot (1329)-min.png
Not much of a role to be credited for, but I agree it's him.

PeplumParadise wrote:
08/02/2022, 22:36
Given that he was still relatively young in the 50's it looks like he went on to become Albino Morandin - production assistant/supervisor in the 60's and 70's.

IMDb choose to list him as Albino Morandini and Albino Morandis for reasons best known to themselves.
Yes, I absolutely think so. Supported by the fact that you just found him in in which he should have a credit as production secretary.

It's possible his name was spelled as Morandini on a few occasions and that this is where they got that name from.

FatmanDan
Name: Daniel

Post by FatmanDan » 08/02/2022, 23:24

Johan Melle wrote:
08/02/2022, 23:20
[Yes, I absolutely think so. Supported by the fact that you just found him in in which he should have a credit as production secretary.

It's possible his name was spelled as Morandini on a few occasions and that this is where they got that name from.
I want to exclude that explanation. In the times I wasted years working for the database we don't mention here, I checked ALL credits I could get a hand on from ALL Italian films 1930-1980, and he was never credited in another way than Albino Morandin, as far as I can see

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 08/02/2022, 23:30

Okay, well, we can be sure we have the right spelling then.

Anyway, I've changed the name of his topic, but I'll leave it to you, Nick, to go over the filmography and verify where he was or wasn't credited since most of the entries are from you.