Update reminder Topics in preparation
Johan Melle

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by Johan Melle » 29/11/2020, 11:56

PeplumParadise wrote:
29/11/2020, 9:40
Johan Melle wrote:
28/11/2020, 22:52
A better version of Kid, il monello del west can be found here: https://youtu.be/dmdu5yFU_Hw

Regarding Jole Mauro, should I insert the pics from Venezia, la luna e tu and Lui, lei e il nonno in her topic or are do you uncertain and want more opinions first?
Thank you, but unfortunately it's "unavailable in your (my) country"

Yes, if you are happy it's her then please insert them
Ah, okay. It works fine here. I'll take a look at it later then.

I've added the pics in Jole's topic.

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 29/11/2020, 12:03

Johan Melle wrote:
29/11/2020, 11:56

I think there is also Balding Bearded Man as a townsman in a couple of scenes (I put it as a title to check) and maybe Artemio Antonini as a barroom brawler, but from the copy I had in both cases it wasn't clear enough to be sure or to get any usable shots

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 29/11/2020, 13:31

PeplumParadise wrote:
29/11/2020, 12:03
Johan Melle wrote:

I think there is also Balding Bearded Man as a townsman in a couple of scenes (I put it as a title to check) and maybe Artemio Antonini as a barroom brawler, but from the copy I had in both cases it wasn't clear enough to be sure or to get any usable shots
I have upgraded the pics of Dottesio and Whitefuzzy. The problem, though, is that even though this is a good print, the fact that it's taken from YouTube means that it gets really blurry whenever there's any kind of movement, so it's far from ideal when trying to identify people in brawls or crowds. I wasn't able to spot Antonini or the Balding Bearded Man, but maybe Carlos has a more high-res copy of this print and can check later on. I believe there was also the Old Gangster and Young Bombolino in the crowd of townsmen, and possibly also Giovanna Sanfilippo.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 29/11/2020, 13:53

I've found a bearded Angelo Casadei in Giuditta e Oloferne (1959) but I'm not sure how to describe the role. Any ideas? He's in the scene that starts at 09:33.
Giuditta E Oloferne - Angelo Casadei.jpg

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 29/11/2020, 15:42

Johan Melle wrote:
29/11/2020, 13:53
I've found a bearded Angelo Casadei in Giuditta e Oloferne (1959) but I'm not sure how to describe the role. Any ideas? He's in the scene that starts at 09:33.
Hmmm, something like "Man in Holofernes palace" would do I suppose, since it isn't really obvious which side he's with

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 29/11/2020, 15:51

PeplumParadise wrote:
29/11/2020, 15:42
Johan Melle wrote:
29/11/2020, 13:53
Hmmm, something like "Man in Holofernes palace" would do I suppose, since it isn't really obvious which side he's with
Thanks. I'll go with that then.

carlos
Name: Carl

Post by carlos » 29/11/2020, 17:54

Johan Melle wrote:
29/11/2020, 13:31
PeplumParadise wrote:
29/11/2020, 12:03
Johan Melle wrote:

I have upgraded the pics of Dottesio and Whitefuzzy. The problem, though, is that even though this is a good print, the fact that it's taken from YouTube means that it gets really blurry whenever there's any kind of movement, so it's far from ideal when trying to identify people in brawls or crowds. I wasn't able to spot Antonini or the Balding Bearded Man, but maybe Carlos has a more high-res copy of this print and can check later on. I believe there was also the Old Gangster and Young Bombolino in the crowd of townsmen, and possibly also Giovanna Sanfilippo.
This is the one I have
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SQ9z7_FqrY

Can you see this one Nick?

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 29/11/2020, 19:54

carlos wrote:
29/11/2020, 17:54

This is the one I have
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SQ9z7_FqrY

Can you see this one Nick?
Yes, that looks like a better copy, still not great but a definite improvement, thanks - I always forget to search the English titles :D

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 29/11/2020, 21:58

I looked through the copy from Carlos's link, it's a slight improvement but still very pixilated. I still can't clearly identify (or not) Antonini, however I think the blurry figure in these first 4 images has to be Bruno Arie. On the left in the last 2 is the one I thought could be Balding Bearded Man
screenshot6.jpg
screenshot7.jpg
screenshot8.jpg
screenshot10.jpg
screenshot16.jpg
screenshot17.jpg

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 29/11/2020, 23:50

PeplumParadise wrote:
29/11/2020, 21:58
I looked through the copy from Carlos's link, it's a slight improvement but still very pixilated. I still can't clearly identify (or not) Antonini, however I think the blurry figure in these first 4 images has to be Bruno Arie. On the left in the last 2 is the one I thought could be Balding Bearded Man
screenshot6.jpgscreenshot7.jpgscreenshot8.jpgscreenshot10.jpgscreenshot16.jpgscreenshot17.jpg
Looks like this is from the same print as the one I found on the other YouTube link (the one that won't play in Nick's location), only this one has much lower resolution. In that case, the one I have is the best version at the moment. Bruno Arie in this film was already posted by Carlos a while back. I didn't see Antonini when I looked at the brawl earlier, but will check for him and Balding Bearded Man again later (hopefully tomorrow, but I'm working late, so no promises).