Requests for Nick

Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
FatmanDan
Name: Daniel

Requests for Nick

Post by FatmanDan » 05/04/2023, 23:32

@Ray Martino talk: I'm not convinced it's him in ´Totò and Cleopatra`.

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 06/04/2023, 0:51

FatmanDan wrote:
05/04/2023, 23:32
@Ray Martino talk: I'm not convinced it's him in ´Totò and Cleopatra`.
I'm confident with the ID, the features match perfectly as does the way he acts in the scene

FatmanDan

Requests for Nick

Post by FatmanDan » 07/04/2023, 23:27

Nick, in the "Io, Semiramide" topic, the "Faux Reynoso" is missing in the "uncredited" section.

PeplumParadise

Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 07/04/2023, 23:49

FatmanDan wrote:
07/04/2023, 23:27
Nick, in the "Io, Semiramide" topic, the "Faux Reynoso" is missing in the "uncredited" section.
Thanks, added

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Requests for Nick

Post by van den bremt rudy » 12/04/2023, 13:37

Hi Nick, yesterday evening around 20h20 p.m. i received a short e-mail from Myheritage@com.
I got a very short answer about John Gayford, dubbing actor in Italy.
All that was said was :
John Gayford
Born 1933
Oxford
Ftaher : GAYFORD. (withou birth date)
So it must be that John's second name wa sthe name of his father.
I believe the Old British Gentleman's name must be : GAYFORD HARRY.
Maybe we can use this for his topic.

PeplumParadise

Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 12/04/2023, 14:22

van den bremt rudy wrote:
12/04/2023, 13:37
Hi Nick, yesterday evening around 20h20 p.m. i received a short e-mail from Myheritage@com.
All that was said was :
John Gayford
Born 1933
Oxford
Useful information, but I don't know why you have posted it to me when it is Johan who is researching him and we have a topic for this subject here.

Maybe the names are reversed and he is actually Harry Gayford? Gayford is normally a surname and Harry is normally a christian name so that would make more sense, particularly when Gayford is John's surname.

Johan Melle

Requests for Nick

Post by Johan Melle » 12/04/2023, 20:08

PeplumParadise wrote:
12/04/2023, 14:22
van den bremt rudy wrote:
12/04/2023, 13:37
All that was said was :
John Gayford
Born 1933
Oxford
Useful information, but I don't know why you have posted it to me when it is Johan who is researching him and we have a topic for this subject here.

Maybe the names are reversed and he is actually Harry Gayford? Gayford is normally a surname and Harry is normally a christian name so that would make more sense, particularly when Gayford is John's surname.
Sorry, but that so-called "information" from MyHeritage is total garbage. They clearly have no real information about John and his family. If they had, then they would have listed his full birth name and complete bith date, and certainly more than just a single name for his father. It's clearly just taken from the net and based around the assumption that Gayford was the real family surname.

As I have tried to explain, the family surname was in fact Harry. As I stated in the other thread, a newspaper article from 1950 refers to John's parents as "Brigadier and Mrs. F.L. Harry", so his dad is clearly F.L. Harry but we don't know what the letters F and L stand for. I would like to find out and am holding off on updating the topic in the hopes that I might find out some more first. I tried to contact a member of the family on Facebook, but without success so far, but we'll see.

I don't know where the Gayford name originates from, but it is certain that John's original surname was Harry. Below, you can see read the reason John gave for dropping Harry from his professional name:
John Gayford Surname.jpg

FatmanDan

Requests for Nick

Post by FatmanDan » 13/04/2023, 23:48

Nick, for the Gustavo Re ´Pasaporte al infierno`, the right year is 1956, and you'll find a poster credit here: https://www.filmaffinity.com/es/film999264.html

Also, for ´Tres eran tres` (1954), poster credit: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047612/

PeplumParadise

Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 14/04/2023, 0:18

FatmanDan wrote:
13/04/2023, 23:48
Nick, for the Gustavo Re ´Pasaporte al infierno`, the right year is 1956, and you'll find a poster credit here: https://www.filmaffinity.com/es/film999264.html

Also, for ´Tres eran tres` (1954), poster credit: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047612/
Thanks, they'll have to wait until I've finished to be added now.

1956 seems to have been the year it was filmed, but I can't find any information regarding the Spanish release date for Pasaporte al infierno, only that it was released in the UK in 1959

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Requests for Nick

Post by van den bremt rudy » 17/04/2023, 13:50

http://www.hollywoodteenmovies.com/sams ... rview.html
Found some interesting things about Samson Burke in this interview by Larry Anderson on september 8, 2002 in Toronto.
First of all Samson said that he made a western in Italy around 1964 that he thinks was "Oklahoma John", but this title could have been changed later on and it was not "Il ritorno di Ringo". Larry (Anderson) couldn't find him in his movie copy.
Furthermore Samson said to him, that he made in Italy a series called "Cheienne TV" (western serie ?) in the 60's that contained 3 episodes of 1 hour, that it was completed ! but maybe never shown on Italian TV.
Also in the Fellini movie, didn't knbew the title anymore, he was a "Centaur" and in another take he was a "Pilot", you could see him in a sort of cockpit in the plane.
And last but not least, in the series "Magnum PI" in the 80's he was the stand-in for Tom Selleck and also stunt double.
In one of the episodes he is fighting with the helicopter pilot played in the series by Roger Mosley.

PS : there were also 2 projects he stated, that saw never the light of day, namely "Pacto diabolico" with Gordon Mitchell and "Il segno di Zorro".
So a lot of informations here, maybe you can put some in his topic.