Ennio Antonelli, an actor or a generico?

Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Ennio Antonelli, an actor or a generico?

Post by Emiliano » 11/02/2021, 22:10

I believe that Ennio Antonelli is not an actor, but rather a generico. He is certainly a very famous generico, like Aristide Caporale and Franca Scagnetti. But like them, he didn’t have true actors acting skills. He simply appears on the screen as he are. So, my proposal would be to move it between generici. What is your opinion?

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Re: Ennio Antonelli, an actor or a generico?

Post by PeplumParadise » 11/02/2021, 22:36

Emiliano wrote:
11/02/2021, 22:10
I believe that Ennio Antonelli is not an actor, but rather a generico. He is certainly a very famous generico, like Aristide Caporale and Franca Scagnetti. But like them, he didn’t have true actors acting skills. He simply appears on the screen as he are. So, my proposal would be to move it between generici. What is your opinion?
For me he falls into the same category as Fortunato Arena and Mimmo Poli (both currently under the "actor" banner) and Antonio Corevi (currently a generico), whose appearances were divided between small credited character parts and smaller non-credited parts which I would consider to be those of a featured generico. In addition Antonelli could also justifiably be included as a stuntman since a lot of his roles were of a physical nature and he often appeared in groups alongside other stuntmen. Due to the fact that, particularly in the 80's, Antonelli played a number of more substantial character roles and a recurring character role on television, I think he should remain as an actor.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 11/02/2021, 22:39

Personally i consider him an actor, the majority of his roles were speaking and important to the story.

Off course our generici have very often speaking parts but the majority of the time were non-speaking roles in the background.

Ennio was almost never a non speaking role (excluding the very first movies off course) so i would consider him an actor.

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 11/02/2021, 22:42

In fact these characters are very difficult to place, but I think you are right. Thanks for the contribution!

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 11/02/2021, 22:46

I think we there are several people who are in a bit of a grey area. It's the same with Mimmo Poli, who was basically both actor and generico, appearing in a substantial role in one film, and then popping up in an uncredited non-speaking role in the next. Regarding Antonelli, I would say that he was originally a generico, but later became more of an actor after he become more recognizable and popular.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 11/02/2021, 22:51

I was actually thinking that both Antonio Corevi and Harold Bradley should be moved to the actor section. As I said the sort of roles Corevi played were more in line with someone like Mimmo Poli, small but of a more substantial nature than most generico roles. For Bradley, while he started out in physical roles alongside other stuntmen, most of his post-peplum roles were more serious speaking/acting roles.

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 11/02/2021, 22:58

if you all agree, then I'll move them.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 12/02/2021, 0:04

Emiliano wrote:
11/02/2021, 22:58
if you all agree, then I'll move them.
Yes, what do others think about moving Corevi and Bradley?

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 12/02/2021, 0:06

Well, i consider Corevi as real actor, seen his majority of roles, mostly significant
For Bradley, i don't know, but i agree with the other comments

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 12/02/2021, 13:33

Moved :superok: