Ursus (1961)


Sword and Sandal plus Historical & Adventure
User avatar
carlos
Moderator
Posts: 2467
Joined: 08.29.18
Location: U.S.
Name: Carl
Contact:

Re: Ursus (1961)

Post by carlos » 23/07/2021, 16:08

I agree regarding Rufino and Pla. Angela Pla in various roles I have
Angela Pla.jpg

Julio Infiesta in Der Teppich des Grauens. Could be the man in stripes on the right, pic 9?
Julio Infiesta - Carpet.jpg

User avatar
carlos
Moderator
Posts: 2467
Joined: 08.29.18
Location: U.S.
Name: Carl
Contact:

Re: Ursus (1961)

Post by carlos » 23/07/2021, 16:31

I don't see Tomás Blanco
In 64 to the right could be Agustin Bescos
62 - far left in front is José Sepúlveda
56,57 - could be Ricardo Lillo, I'm not used seeing him without white hair
RicardoLillo (bigwig) 7Hrs.jpg

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 22860
Joined: 05.02.19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Re: Ursus (1961)

Post by PeplumParadise » 23/07/2021, 16:39

carlos wrote:
23/07/2021, 16:08
I agree regarding Rufino and Pla. Angela Pla in various roles I have
Angela Pla.jpg


Julio Infiesta in Der Teppich des Grauens. Could be the man in stripes on the right, pic 9?
Julio Infiesta - Carpet.jpg
Based on those images I'm still sure that Pla is the older woman in 52/53

Unlikely that the guy in stripes in 9 would be credited as he's only an extra. Could Infiesta maybe be the captain of the guards in 37/38 which is a speaking role?

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 22860
Joined: 05.02.19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Re: Ursus (1961)

Post by PeplumParadise » 23/07/2021, 16:46

carlos wrote:
23/07/2021, 16:31
I don't see Tomás Blanco
In 64 to the right could be Agustin Bescos
62 - far left in front is José Sepúlveda
56,57 - could be Ricardo Lillo, I'm not used seeing him without white hair
RicardoLillo (bigwig) 7Hrs.jpg
I don't think it's Bescos.
I agree about Sepulveda who I know from when he was younger.
Not familiar with Lillo, anyone else?

User avatar
carlos
Moderator
Posts: 2467
Joined: 08.29.18
Location: U.S.
Name: Carl
Contact:

Re: Ursus (1961)

Post by carlos » 23/07/2021, 17:08

PeplumParadise wrote:
23/07/2021, 16:39
Unlikely that the guy in stripes in 9 would be credited as he's only an extra. Could Infiesta maybe be the captain of the guards in 37/38 which is a speaking role?
Could be I guess, here's a side view with the ear
vlcsnap-2021-07-23-10h05m53s001.jpg

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 22860
Joined: 05.02.19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Re: Ursus (1961)

Post by PeplumParadise » 23/07/2021, 17:57

carlos wrote:
23/07/2021, 17:08
PeplumParadise wrote:
23/07/2021, 16:39
Unlikely that the guy in stripes in 9 would be credited as he's only an extra. Could Infiesta maybe be the captain of the guards in 37/38 which is a speaking role?
Could be I guess, here's a side view with the ear
vlcsnap-2021-07-23-10h05m53s001.jpg
Here are a few more shots of the Captain of the guards. Unfortunately his distinctive head shape is hidden under the helmet and the Spanish "HD" TV broadcast print isn't as HD as it could be, but of the actors with roles that could/should be credited I do think he is the most likely candidate. I would say the ear, chin, mouth and eyes are all a close match, I only have some doubts about the nose, but that could be put down to the angles and darkness and sharpness of the images.
Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 18.05.29.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 18.06.17.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 18.06.29.jpg

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 22860
Joined: 05.02.19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Ursus (1961)

Post by PeplumParadise » 09/07/2022, 10:50

Carlos previously mentioned that we maybe have Agustin Bescos in 64. With 100 further ID's in his topic since then I am inclined to agree, and also in the background in 39.
uk64a.jpg
uk39a.jpg

and in 18 we have "Spanish Whitebeard"
uk18a.jpg


It's maybe about time to start adding a few more "shot partially in Spain" peplum topics

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 22860
Joined: 05.02.19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Ursus (1961)

Post by PeplumParadise » 07/12/2022, 1:09

The more I look at the actor we have identified as Jose Sepulveda the more I think it is actually Rafael Cortes.

And with him in 62 I think we have unidentified Spanish generico "The Judge"

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 22860
Joined: 05.02.19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Ursus (1961)

Post by PeplumParadise » 22/01/2023, 20:09

It looks like we have "Scarecrow" on the right in 33 and 35, but I'm not sure it's clear enough to make it a definite ID

Post Reply