Gli invincibili fratelli Maciste (1964)

Sword and Sandal plus Historical & Adventure
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 16/07/2022, 18:46

FatmanDan wrote:
16/07/2022, 18:30
I'M definitely more sure Gilberto being 39 than the other way round. But I agree we disagree in this:-)))
Btw, it's possibly Rocco Lerro in 39 as last in line.
Hopefully we'll get some more opinions to help decide.

The soldier at the back in 39 seems too tall to be Lerro

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 17/07/2022, 0:02

41 and 42 are Clemente and Bruno for sure!

Noelle Dumas is quite obviously the handmaiden. All the features match! I don't see the priestess resembling her at all. If anything, the priestess reminds me of the actress that plays Nino Castelnuovo's mother in La sporca faccenda. Very different make-up jobs but the eyes, nose and hairshape fit.
Sporca Faccenda - Maria Bacante1.jpg
Sporca Faccenda - Maria Bacante2.jpg

There's a certain Maria Baccant in the cast list, and I also have a fotoromanzo from 1964 where a Maria Bacante is credited. The cast lists doesn't include character names but there's this woman (bad pics snapped quickly with my phone)
Maria Bacante1.jpg
Maria Bacante2.jpg

Definitely the same as the woman in La sporca faccenda, so Maria Baccant and Maria Bacante are surley the same person. The big question is whether she's the same as the priestess, though. I'm not sure, but looks quite possible at least.

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 17/07/2022, 0:55

Now that i look again the pics plus i just re-watched the fotoromanzo and made some new pics, i totally agree with you Johan the handmaiden is Noel Dumas

I have to study Maria Bacante because if she really play the priestess she is a possible new generica, because would be only 1 credited role, plus her presence in fotoromanzi, makes is possible, but again i don't know her very well, so i have to re-watch the pics

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 17/07/2022, 1:14

Bruno and Clemente added and I'll go with the majority view on Dumas so she has been added too.

I agree the priestess is the same as the actress in La sporca faccenda and I guess the other pics are also her. With 2 somewhat different variations on her name, what do we call her?

Jury is still out on the Galimberti ID's

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 17/07/2022, 1:23

PeplumParadise wrote:
17/07/2022, 1:14
Bruno and Clemente added and I'll go with the majority view on Dumas so she has been added too.

I agree the priestess is the same as the actress in La sporca faccenda and I guess the other pics are also her. With 2 somewhat different variations on her name, what do we call her?

Jury is still out on the Galimberti ID's
Bacante sounds more Italian to me, and probably the correct form, but the Italian users would know best.

I see the resemblance to Galimberti in 39 but... I don't know. He looks strange. Maybe it's just that shot, though. I really can't say...