Ulisse (1954)

Sword and Sandal plus Historical & Adventure
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Ulisse (1954)

Post by PeplumParadise » 26/10/2022, 17:59

FatmanDan wrote:
26/10/2022, 17:22

Is that "La Badaloni" in 51+52? (She's appearing too heavy to be her in 51, to me)
I wondered, but I compared the features and they don't seem to match, so I think just a Zulina lookalike

Johan Melle

Ulisse (1954)

Post by Johan Melle » 26/10/2022, 19:01

PeplumParadise wrote:
26/10/2022, 17:59
FatmanDan wrote:

Is that "La Badaloni" in 51+52? (She's appearing too heavy to be her in 51, to me)
I wondered, but I compared the features and they don't seem to match, so I think just a Zulina lookalike
That is Zulina without a doubt for me!!

Regarding Gualtiero Tumiati, he is incorrectly identified. It's not him in the picture you've posted. Tumiati only appears in a scene that can be seen in the complete Italian version but which is missing from the international version. I'm guessing it's missing altogether in your version since I don't see Tumiati anywhere in your pictures. Here are two shots from his short scene.
Ulisse - Gualtiero Tumiati1.jpg
Ulisse - Gualtiero Tumiati2.jpg
PeplumParadise wrote:
26/10/2022, 12:22
Both ANICA and IMDb list credited actress Teresa Pellati as playing the role of Melanto or Melantho. There is no character called by this name in the film, however from the original play this character should be the servant who betrays Penelope, who is the girl on the floor in this image. This is all you see of her, so rather difficult to confirm the ID. I think she may also be the woman in 9 and, possibly, 106.
pellati.jpg
Actually, she IS named in the film. If you listen very carefully, you can hear her being called by name in the scene where she is being whipped. She also gets called by name by Franco Interlenghi when he kills her at the end of the film, but that's another scene is apparently cut from the international version.

The character Eucalicanto for Tania Weber doesn't seem to be correct as she is definitely not called that in the film itself. She's referred to by name only once - as what sounds to me like Locantes (spelling maybe incorrect) in the English dub, and Locanto in the Italian.

Finally, three identifications:

10: The woman on the far right should be Terry Dalton.

65: On the far right is Umberto Alivernini.

89: Mario Chiocchio.

PeplumParadise

Ulisse (1954)

Post by PeplumParadise » 26/10/2022, 19:27

Johan Melle wrote:
26/10/2022, 19:01
PeplumParadise wrote:
26/10/2022, 17:59
FatmanDan wrote:

That is Zulina without a doubt for me!!

Regarding Gualtiero Tumiati, he is incorrectly identified. It's not him in the picture you've posted. Tumiati only appears in a scene that can be seen in the complete Italian version but which is missing from the international version. I'm guessing it's missing altogether in your version since I don't see Tumiati anywhere in your pictures. Here are two shots from his short scene.
Ulisse - Gualtiero Tumiati1.jpg
Ulisse - Gualtiero Tumiati2.jpg

PeplumParadise wrote:
26/10/2022, 12:22
Both ANICA and IMDb list credited actress Teresa Pellati as playing the role of Melanto or Melantho. There is no character called by this name in the film, however from the original play this character should be the servant who betrays Penelope, who is the girl on the floor in this image. This is all you see of her, so rather difficult to confirm the ID. I think she may also be the woman in 9 and, possibly, 106.
pellati.jpg
Actually, she IS named in the film. If you listen very carefully, you can hear her being called by name in the scene where she is being whipped. She also gets called by name by Franco Interlenghi when he kills her at the end of the film, but that's another scene is apparently cut from the international version.

The character Eucalicanto for Tania Weber doesn't seem to be correct as she is definitely not called that in the film itself. She's referred to by name only once - as what sounds to me like Locantes (spelling maybe incorrect) in the English dub, and Locanto in the Italian.

Finally, three identifications:

10: The woman on the far right should be Terry Dalton.

65: On the far right is Umberto Alivernini.

89: Mario Chiocchio.
Thanks, I'll get those sorted once I've had dinner. I don't suppose any of the "missing" actors from ANICA (Poli, De Benedetto, Maggio, etc.) appear in the additional scenes in the Italian version? I've never knowingly come across a copy of that version.

Johan Melle

Ulisse (1954)

Post by Johan Melle » 26/10/2022, 19:39

PeplumParadise wrote:
26/10/2022, 19:27
Thanks, I'll get those sorted once I've had dinner. I don't suppose any of the "missing" actors from ANICA (Poli, De Benedetto, Maggio, etc.) appear in the additional scenes in the Italian version? I've never knowingly come across a copy of that version.
I'd have to look more closely to be sure, but I don't think so. From what I remember, most of the extra footage simply exteneds sequences that are already present in the international version. The Tumiati sequence is an exception since it is missing outright.

I have a German DVD release that includes both the full Italian version and the shorter cut, though only the longer version has the English dub. I think there's a German Blu-Ray too, and I'd think that too has the uncut version, but I don't have it.

FatmanDan
Name: Daniel

Ulisse (1954)

Post by FatmanDan » 26/10/2022, 19:43

Johan Melle wrote:
26/10/2022, 19:39
PeplumParadise wrote:
26/10/2022, 19:27
I'd have to look more closely to be sure, but I don't think so. From what I remember, most of the extra footage simply exteneds sequences that are already present in the international version. The Tumiati sequence is an exception since it is missing outright.

I have a German DVD release that includes both the full Italian version and the shorter cut, though only the longer version has the English dub. I think there's a German Blu-Ray too, and I'd think that too has the uncut version, but I don't have it.
The BD has the uncut version as DVD only.

PeplumParadise

Ulisse (1954)

Post by PeplumParadise » 26/10/2022, 20:32

Tumiati and Weber fixed. Badaloni, Alivernini, Dalton and Chiocchio added.

Johan Melle

Ulisse (1954)

Post by Johan Melle » 26/10/2022, 20:50

PeplumParadise wrote:
26/10/2022, 20:32
Tumiati and Weber fixed. Badaloni, Alivernini, Dalton and Chiocchio added.
Great. As for Chiocchio, he has a more specific character name: Anfinomo (Italian dub) or Amphinomus (English dub).

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Ulisse (1954)

Post by Emiliano » 13/11/2022, 22:10

I suppose that the N.40 with black and red vest could be Raf Baldassarre.

FatmanDan
Name: Daniel

Ulisse (1954)

Post by FatmanDan » 13/11/2022, 22:22

Emiliano wrote:
13/11/2022, 22:10
I suppose that the N.40 with black and red vest could be Raf Baldassarre.
It's not him, I'm afraid.