Barbarella (1968)

Euro-Horror, Fantasy and Science-Fiction
Johan Melle

Barbarella (1968)

Post by Johan Melle » 23/12/2023, 1:59

PeplumParadise wrote:
22/12/2023, 9:20
Is it definitely a photo-shoot with actresses/models who actually appeared in the film, rather than a photo shoot to promote the film with models wearing futuristic costumes? The fact that not one them (except Lanvin) is identifiable in the film would seem to indicate the latter, and it is quite possible that they sold them as being girls who appeared when in fact they didn't, since I doubt any Playboy readers would have been any the wiser. Another possibility, I suppose, is that they do appear, but not in the costumes in the images, though if that were the case you would expect at least a few to be identifiable. As Franco Gula's non-appearance testifies there was certainly some footage that ended up on the cutting room floor which to date has never seen the light of day, so maybe we'll never know for sure.
I don't know, but I would say that the pictures of Silvana Venturelli is definitely from the set of the film. Same with Veronique Vendell, who is wearing the same costume as in the film but with different colors (this may be a black and white pic that was colorized) so I would say that Barbara Winer who is the picture with her was also in the film somewhere (she looks to have the same costume as in the tiny pic in the Playboy piece). So, yeah, I don't know, but considering how little we see of Luigi Scavran, anything is possible, and I do believe much footage was cut (Vendell probably had a larger role as she's usually listed with a character name but really just barely appears in the actual film).

FatmanDan
Name: Daniel

Barbarella (1968)

Post by FatmanDan » 10/04/2024, 22:35

Isn't that Barbara Winer, then, in 42/43 resp. 48 with the white dress?

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Barbarella (1968)

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/04/2024, 19:08

FatmanDan wrote:
10/04/2024, 22:35
Isn't that Barbara Winer, then, in 42/43 resp. 48 with the white dress?
Based on the hairstyle alone it could be, though the white costume does not match her costumes from Johan's images