Quick identifications

Quick identifications
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Re: Quick Identifications

Post by PeplumParadise » 12/08/2019, 21:17

Johan Melle wrote:
12/08/2019, 19:56
The filming of Cleopatra lasted for quite a while, and from what I've understood, a lot of the extras worked on the film for some considerable time and many were used in different roles in different scenes. Of course, many are probably not visible (also because a considerable portion of the footage shot ended up being cut).
Yes I've read an interview with Margaret Lee who says she filmed scenes that ended up being cut - I wonder if all that extra footage still exists hidden in a warehouse somewhere. I'm working on head shots of all the clearly visible unidentified actors which i'll put up on CIDb in a day or 2 - there are a lot of them! There are a few Italian-based actors in uncredited parts, though not many of ours that I recognise and a very low number given the amount of actors in the film. In addition to Hendy, Proietti and Fregonese that I already posted there's Furio Meniconi, John Bartha, Mike Brendel and Loris Loddi, and maybe Wilbert Bradley and Van Aikens in the dance sequence.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 12/08/2019, 21:35

It would be great if there was a restored super-long version some day, but it's probably not very likely.

It's odd that not more of our friends appear, but I'm sure there are more Italian or Italian-based actors to be found here and there. I believe Audrey Anderson (an Italian-based black actress and probably dancer) may also appear in the dance sequence. I also know that dubbers John Gayford and Robert Sommer, as well as model and fotoromanzo actor Gin Mart appear in the film. Michela Roc (Bianca Maria Roccatani) and Rosalba Grottesi are supposed to be among Cleopatra's handmaids. they were both major fotoromanzo stars but played various uncredited roles in the 1960s much like Betsy Bell and Thea Fleming.

carlos
Name: Carl

Post by carlos » 13/08/2019, 1:00

Old man w/grey beard without his beard in Riuscirà l'avvocato Franco Benenato a sconfiggere il suo acerrimo nemico il pretore Ciccio De Ingras? (1971) ?
vlcsnap-2019-08-11-Franco Benenato court1.jpg

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 13/08/2019, 17:26

Yes !

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/08/2019, 21:14

A great shot of Son of Moses in the centre, but would that also be Alba at the front?
c274.jpg
I need to try and get head shots of this lot and the different crowd scene with Proietti, so i'll see you next week sometime! :D

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 13/08/2019, 21:37

I don't see Alba, but there's Enzo Mondino (right in front of Son of Moses) and I also see Pupita Lea Scuderoni, Maria Tedeschi and Nancy Lecchini.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/08/2019, 21:44

Johan Melle wrote:
13/08/2019, 21:37
I don't see Alba, but there's Enzo Mondino (right in front of Son of Moses) and I also see Pupita Lea Scuderoni, Maria Tedeschi and Nancy Lecchini.
I'm pretty useless when it comes to identifying the women i'm afraid - shall I add this image to their respective topics (unfortunately it's the only shot you get of them)?

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/08/2019, 21:48

See if there's anyone you recognise in the shot with Proietti's second role also... (again you only get the one brief shot - so many extras, so little screen time!)
c310.jpg

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 13/08/2019, 22:38

And on the right of Nancy Lecchini there is also Caterina Ghigliero with her mouth open.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 13/08/2019, 22:56

PeplumParadise wrote:
13/08/2019, 21:44
I'm pretty useless when it comes to identifying the women i'm afraid
Well, Nancy Lecchini is this one
Cleopatra - Nancy Lecchini.jpg

And this is Pupita Lea Scuderoni
Cleopatra - Pupita Lea.jpg

And Maria Tedeschi
Cleopatra - Maria Tedeschi.jpg

And I'm not 100% but this could perhaps be Iolanda Fortini
Cleopatra - Iolanda Fortini.jpg
Ciavazzaro wrote:
13/08/2019, 22:38
And on the right of Nancy Lecchini there is also Caterina Ghigliero with her mouth open.
I'll have to disagree with you on that on. For me she's definitely not Caterina.