Technical problems

Introduction Moderators Guide
Formatting styles Technical problems
Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Forum changes

Post by Emiliano » 12/10/2019, 14:43

The functionality of the home page must essentially be to allow us to immediately locate an actor to update his filmography.

This is why we have chosen this type of division, based on their "fame". For now this seems to work until the forums have about 30 characters in a forum. With more substantial forums, where there are generici new or less known, the search is not so immediate, but for now I have not found other remedies.

At the moment I would not to divide the Most active generici forum to create one with generici with more than 200 roles (as proposed by Ciavazzaro), because searching for them is easy as they are few and well known. Instead I would like to divide the forum of the Actors to create a new one with more roles, this because now coexist actors with dozens and dozens of roles like Poli, Felleghy and Caporale, with others that have only 10 or 20.

Do you have opinions or suggestions?

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Re: Appearance of the home page (cataloging of the actors)

Post by PeplumParadise » 12/10/2019, 14:49

Emiliano wrote:
12/10/2019, 14:43
The functionality of the home page must essentially be to allow us to immediately locate an actor to update his filmography.

This is why we have chosen this type of division, based on their "fame". For now this seems to work until the forums have about 30 characters in a forum. With more substantial forums, where there are generici new or less known, the search is not so immediate, but for now I have not found other remedies.

At the moment I would not to divide the Most active generici forum to create one with generici with more than 200 roles (as proposed by Ciavazzaro), because searching for them is easy as they are few and well known. Instead I would like to divide the forum of the Actors to create a new one with more roles, this because now coexist actors with dozens and dozens of roles like Poli, Felleghy and Caporale, with others that have only 10 or 20.

Do you have opinions or suggestions?
Good idea, particularly as the most active "actors" appeared in many generici-type roles too

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 28/10/2019, 19:11

With so many new topics being added and so many categories and sub-categories, it is becoming increasingly difficult to remember which actors have topics and where to find them.

Would it be possible to have a straightforward alphabetical list of all the actors names with links to their topics posted somewhere prominently for easier reference?

I think this would be particularly useful for occasional visitors to the blog who want to find an actor and who aren't used to manoeuvring around the topics the way us regular posters are. Obviously if you are searching someone specific then you can search by name, but that then brings up every post made about that actor which isn't too helpful if all you want is a link to their topic.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 28/10/2019, 19:15

I'm so used to the site that I usually know where to find most things pretty quickly, but it's a good point about it being a little hard to navigate (and for new users especially).

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 29/10/2019, 22:45

PeplumParadise wrote:
28/10/2019, 19:11
Would it be possible to have a straightforward alphabetical list of all the actors names with links to their topics posted somewhere prominently for easier reference?
Yes we can do it easily, via a topic where you create the list of names with links to the various topics, maybe in the first top forums, as in Forum Use, with a link directly on the home like Quick Indentifications.

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 29/10/2019, 23:15

Look such a thing like this can work

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 29/10/2019, 23:16

I think is perfect !

Emiliano
Admin

Post by Emiliano » 29/10/2019, 23:21

Ciavazzaro wrote:
29/10/2019, 23:16
I think is perfect !
I will complete it in the coming days

Ciavazzaro
Senior

Post by Ciavazzaro » 29/10/2019, 23:22

No hurry at all off course.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 30/10/2019, 0:16

Yes that is perfect, only i think better for quick search just one list for actors and one for actresses, not sub-divided with csc, generici, etc