Quick identifications

Quick identifications
Johan Melle

Re: Quick Identifications

Post by Johan Melle » 12/09/2020, 11:45

Okay, thank you both. I've replaced the old pics in Renato's topic and removed the uncertain tag from his filmography.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 12/09/2020, 12:11

Could this be Liana Del Balzo in episode 1 of Caravaggio (1967)? She's credited as Liliana Del Balzo among the additional actors with no role descriptions attached to them. Typically those roles will be very, very small, and the only woman that looks like her is this one who is present at a dinner. The shape of the nose and the smile seem similar, but this woman seems a bit too young, though that could be due to the wig and print being a bit soft. Opinions?
Caravaggio 1 - Liana Del Balzo1.jpg
Caravaggio 1 - Liana Del Balzo2.jpg
Caravaggio 1 - Liana Del Balzo3.jpg

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 12/09/2020, 12:32

Johan Melle wrote:
12/09/2020, 12:11
Could this be Liana Del Balzo in episode 1 of Caravaggio (1967)? She's credited as Liliana Del Balzo among the additional actors with no role descriptions attached to them. Typically those roles will be very, very small, and the only woman that looks like her is this one who is present at a dinner. The shape of the nose and the smile seem similar, but this woman seems a bit too young, though that could be due to the wig and print being a bit soft. Opinions?
Caravaggio 1 - Liana Del Balzo1.jpg
Caravaggio 1 - Liana Del Balzo2.jpg
Caravaggio 1 - Liana Del Balzo3.jpg
The profile looks like her, as you say she does appear a little young for 1967, but that could be down to lighting, the dark wig and make-up, and since she is credited then it must almost certainly be her. And with a 3rd possibility for what her full name might be, adding Liliana to Eliana and Giuliana!

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 12/09/2020, 12:38

PeplumParadise wrote:
12/09/2020, 12:32
The profile looks like her, as you say she does appear a little young for 1967, but that could be down to lighting, the dark wig and make-up, and since she is credited then it must almost certainly be her. And with a 3rd possibility for what her full name might be, adding Liliana to Eliana and Giuliana!
Thanks. There aren't a lot of women in this episode, so the options are limited, but as we've seen from I fratelli Karamazov, those listed among the additional actors are sometimes not visible at all. Since you agree, I'll go ahead and add this in her topic.

Btw, the "Dizionario del Cinema Italiano: Le attrici" gives Eliana Del Balzo as her real name. They're not always correct, but they're usually the best source for such infos.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 12/09/2020, 21:17

Looking for Liana in Quo Vadis the only woman I could see who comes close to her appearance is the one here on the left in the first images, but I don't really think it is her. It looks similar when you see the profile in shadow, but when you see her face in light the features don't seem right. If this isn't her then if she does appear it would only be as a well hidden extra
screenshot44.jpg
screenshot43.jpg
screenshot40.jpg
screenshot45.jpg

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 12/09/2020, 21:27

and another uncertain one from Quo Vadis, not sure if this can be Luigi Smith as the whitebeard apostle on the right seen in the flashback scenes of the last supper and resurrection
screenshot4.jpg
screenshot5.jpg
screenshot6.jpg
screenshot7.jpg
screenshot16.jpg

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 12/09/2020, 22:12

I think it really is Liana in those pics - it's just odd seeing her made up in such unglamorous fashion. Btw, I'm pretty sure the other white-haired lady is the great Pina Gallini, which is great since I don't think she has been recognized here before (it's not listed in her IMDb or Wikipedia pages).

Not so sure about Luigi. The beard and hair are the right shape, but the face seems a little different, especially in the last pic. He doesn't seem to have quite the same bulging eyes, but it's really hard to say.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 12/09/2020, 22:17

PeplumParadise wrote:
12/09/2020, 21:27
and another uncertain one from Quo Vadis, not sure if this can be Luigi Smith as the whitebeard apostle on the right seen in the flashback scenes of the last supper and resurrection screenshot4.jpgscreenshot5.jpgscreenshot6.jpgscreenshot7.jpgscreenshot16.jpg
The apostles in the last pic may actually be a mostly different bunch of actors so may not be him, there are 2 with white hair (as opposed to bald) in the resurrection pics, but only one at the supper, and i don't see the one with the freaky eyebrows at the supper either

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 12/09/2020, 22:22

PeplumParadise wrote:
12/09/2020, 22:17
The apostles in the last pic may actually be a mostly different bunch of actors so may not be him, there are 2 with white hair (as opposed to bald) in the resurrection pics, but only one at the supper, and i don't see the one with the freaky eyebrows at the supper either
Yes, I see now the guy in the last pic has a different costume. Still not so sure about the other one, though, as I'm missing those distinctive eyes of Luigi's, but of course we don't get to see him up close...

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/09/2020, 18:14

Maybe Mouse Man in La notte dei serpenti?
screenshot11.jpg
screenshot6.jpg
screenshot9.jpg