Requests for Nick

Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
Johan Melle

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by Johan Melle » 05/04/2021, 1:57

I've found an old interview with Giancarlo Ukmar from 1999: http://www.antoniodecurtis.com/interviste/ukmar.htm
It provides us with his birth year as well as the birth and death year for Sergio, and I've updated their bios accordingly. Also of interest because he describes some films and scenes in which he doubled for Totò. I know you have good copies of those films, so maybe you can get some pics from the scenes in question.

The same site also has Nazzareno Zamperla being interviewed about Totò: http://www.antoniodecurtis.com/interviste/zamperla.htm
He says he plays one of the devils in Totò all'inferno, so that's another role to check for if you still have a copy of the film.

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 05/04/2021, 11:07

Johan Melle wrote:
05/04/2021, 1:57
I've found an old interview with Giancarlo Ukmar from 1999: http://www.antoniodecurtis.com/interviste/ukmar.htm
It provides us with his birth year as well as the birth and death year for Sergio, and I've updated their bios accordingly. Also of interest because he describes some films and scenes in which he doubled for Totò. I know you have good copies of those films, so maybe you can get some pics from the scenes in question.

The same site also has Nazzareno Zamperla being interviewed about Totò: http://www.antoniodecurtis.com/interviste/zamperla.htm
He says he plays one of the devils in Totò all'inferno, so that's another role to check for if you still have a copy of the film.
Strange coincidence! Yesterday a Daniela Ukmar "liked" some of my old Facebook posts regarding Franco. I assume she must be in some way related so I have sent her a message this morning to see if she can provide the birth and death details for Bruno, Clemente, Giancarlo and Sergio (obviously we now have the years for the last 2 of those but exact dates would be better and anyway it's always good to have confirmations).

I will take a look at the details there and check the films once I have completed my work for La rivolta dei pretoriani, which has turned into rather a big project with 41 uncredited actors identified and well over 100 shots of unidentified actors. I know my copy of Totò all'inferno is very poor so I'm not optimistic about that one.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 06/04/2021, 18:30

FatmanDan found Giuseppe Marrocu in Il dominatore del deserto (1964) at 01:05:05. Do you maybe have some better pics of him?
Dominatore Marrocu.jpg

Also, the man on the left here in this pic from La cieca di Sorrento (1963) is Domenico Ravenna
Cieca Ravenna.jpg

And finally, can you check the opening titles for Missione sabbie roventi (1966), where Bruno Ukmar gets a maestro d'armi credit?

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 06/04/2021, 19:22

Johan Melle wrote:
06/04/2021, 18:30
FatmanDan found Giuseppe Marrocu in Il dominatore del deserto (1964) at 01:05:05. Do you maybe have some better pics of him?
Dominatore Marrocu.jpg
I have a slightly better image, do we know what the role is or do I need to check the film?

Johan Melle wrote:
Also, the man on the left here in this pic from La cieca di Sorrento (1963) is Domenico Ravenna
Cieca Ravenna.jpg
Posted

Johan Melle wrote:
And finally, can you check the opening titles for Missione sabbie roventi (1966), where Bruno Ukmar gets a maestro d'armi credit?
Added to original post

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 06/04/2021, 21:14

PeplumParadise wrote:
06/04/2021, 19:22
Johan Melle wrote:
Dominatore Marrocu.jpg
I have a slightly better image, do we know what the role is or do I need to check the film?
Well, I don't know the role at least, seeing as how the video FatmanDan linked to was overdubbed in Russian :p

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 06/04/2021, 22:36

Johan Melle wrote:
05/04/2021, 1:57
Looking at that interview, it's curious that he makes no mention of Signori si nasce, where Giancarlo, Bruno, Franco and Sergio have a very funny scene where they are in a line and Bruno on the end gets slapped causing them to fall over in domino effect. The 3 Toto peplums already have a few Ukmar's identified and since I have nice prints of all 3 then I'll do topics for them sooner or later so will leave further identifications until then - which leaves Uccellacci e uccellini which I'll take a look at tomorrow

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 07/04/2021, 0:03

PeplumParadise wrote:
06/04/2021, 22:36
Looking at that interview, it's curious that he makes no mention of Signori si nasce, where Giancarlo, Bruno, Franco and Sergio have a very funny scene where they are in a line and Bruno on the end gets slapped causing them to fall over in domino effect. The 3 Toto peplums already have a few Ukmar's identified and since I have nice prints of all 3 then I'll do topics for them sooner or later so will leave further identifications until then - which leaves Uccellacci e uccellini which I'll take a look at tomorrow
Well, I guess after a very long career, it's difficult to remember everything you've done :p

Anyway, there's also a little interview with Gino Marturano: http://www.antoniodecurtis.com/interviste/marturano.htm
He's another one you're working on, right?

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 07/04/2021, 7:17

Johan Melle wrote:
07/04/2021, 0:03

Well, I guess after a very long career, it's difficult to remember everything you've done :p
Well yes, obviously, but he does seem to have surprisingly clear recollections of the exact details of the other Toto films he worked on
Johan Melle wrote:
07/04/2021, 0:03
Anyway, there's also a little interview with Gino Marturano: http://www.antoniodecurtis.com/interviste/marturano.htm
He's another one you're working on, right?
Thanks, yes, I have plenty of titles for Gino ready to go, though I de-prioritised him a little since he was credited a lot more often than most stuntmen - though since he gives a very definite number of "162" films he worked on then there are certainly a lot that I am not aware of. Very interesting information, though with so many stuntmen and extras I'm not too optimistic about finding him in Quo Vadis or Helen of Troy (strangely not available in HD yet), but then I've never searched for him specifically so you never know. Curious also that the interview makes no mention of him having worked with Toto, given the source of the interview. Interesting too that he comments of the competitiveness between stuntmen and that he's dismissive of the "acrobats", by which I would guess he's referring to the Ukmars and Dell'Acquas (though seemingly not the Zamperlas). As far as I am aware Gino is still living and celebrated his 90th birthday in February.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 07/04/2021, 13:03

Well I've searched Uccellacci e Uccellini with no success, but since Giancarlo says in the interview that he also failed to find the scene and that it may in fact be another film altogether that he remembers, then that was probably to be expected - I suppose we should keep a special eye out for any scenes where Toto gets thrown out of a restaurant in his 60's films. I will put a note in the "not found" section of Giancarlo's filmography.

I was wondering if it might be worth somebody contacting the moderator of that site, or also Tototruffa, to see if they could be of any help identifying either "Mr. Hyde" or "Serious Senator", both of whom have been found in a number of Toto's films. It would probably be easier for an Italian speaker.

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Post by van den bremt rudy » 07/04/2021, 13:27

I need your help for these ID's of Alberto Dell'Acqua because they are tiny roles

the first one : in the western E tornato Sabata hai chiuso un'altra volta! (1971) most sources say that he plays
a McIntock henchman, i eliminated almost all the henchmen and came to these pictures, but is it him
vlcsnap-01388.jpg
vlcsnap-01389.jpg
he is on the left (blonde one)

secondly : in the comedy Un sceriffo extraterrestre poco extra e molto terrestre (1979) he plays a fireman
there are only two firemen in close-up in this movie (there is also a fight scene at tghe end of this movie, but there, nobody of the fighting firemen are really in sight) i think the fireman on the left on the firetruck must be him (with moustache, as he played in that year with a moustache)
vlcsnap-01350.jpg
and finally i need your special help of you to find him in the horror movie Zombi 2, where he plays a zombie !
i know that you are good in recognizing zombie faces, do you have that movie ?
thanks