Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Re: Requests for everyone

Post by PeplumParadise » 24/04/2021, 19:10

FatmanDan wrote:
24/04/2021, 18:59
General and fundamental question: Is is a problem for you to take the infos given here over to the cidb? (as I - to be honest - do so since a few weeks [and as I do vice versa]
I would prefer my ID's not to be copied to there, at least not by a contributor from here. Here they are public so sooner or later people are going to copy them somewhere anyway, but there is no need to speed up the process, better to keep our discoveries here exclusive for as long as possible I think.
Last edited by PeplumParadise on 24/04/2021, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

FatmanDan
Name: Daniel

Post by FatmanDan » 24/04/2021, 19:12

That's a clear statement. So it will not be in the future and I want to apologize for the past.

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Post by Emiliano » 24/04/2021, 19:16

Due to previous disputes, we do not draw on their work. A user is obviously always free to write his identifications on any platform instead.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 24/04/2021, 19:24

FatmanDan wrote:
24/04/2021, 19:12
That's a clear statement. So it will not be in the future and I want to apologize for the past.
I have been told quite plainly that I cannot copy identifications from CIDb over to here and threatened with being banned from the site if I did, and was also informed that identifications there are not for the public to see and are are only available to an exclusive few people. As a result of this I have ceased posting my discoveries there as I am not spending hours a day just to provide information for someone else's book that may or may not eventually be written (which was the reason I was given why the info may not be shared). How others feel about their research being copied to other places is their own decision, though I know several other contributors here have had similar experiences to myself.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 26/04/2021, 11:37

PeplumParadise wrote:
24/04/2021, 19:24
FatmanDan wrote:
24/04/2021, 19:12
I have been told quite plainly that I cannot copy identifications from CIDb over to here and threatened with being banned from the site if I did, and was also informed that identifications there are not for the public to see and are are only available to an exclusive few people. As a result of this I have ceased posting my discoveries there as I am not spending hours a day just to provide information for someone else's book that may or may not eventually be written (which was the reason I was given why the info may not be shared). How others feel about their research being copied to other places is their own decision, though I know several other contributors here have had similar experiences to myself.
and now I have been blocked from CIDb so someone is obviously paying close attention to what we post on here, though strangely I am still listed as being a contributor. Oh well, that was a waste of 5 years building up the site with no thanks whatsoever. I'm glad I'm now participating somewhere where the work we do is actually appreciated and will have some lasting value.

Emiliano
Admin
Name: Emiliano

Post by Emiliano » 26/04/2021, 11:41

I'm sorry, I hope it's not the fault of what I wrote. Perhaps someone that constantly spies needs psychological help, more than someone who compiles his database. V:V

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 26/04/2021, 11:54

Emiliano wrote:
26/04/2021, 11:41
I'm sorry, I hope it's not the fault of what I wrote. Perhaps someone that constantly spies needs psychological help, more than someone who compiles his database. V:V
I'm sure it's as a result of my own actions and comments after finding that hundreds of my identifications had been copied there with no permission or credit, but anyhow all the images and information I posted there in the past came from my own collection so there is not great loss. No need to comment more on it, life goes on regardless.

FatmanDan
Name: Daniel

Post by FatmanDan » 26/04/2021, 11:55

I'm very sorry to have been the starting point of this, and upset about what's happening. Im the meantime, after some posts and emailing and knowing some background now, I drew consequences myself.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 26/04/2021, 12:01

FatmanDan wrote:
26/04/2021, 11:55
I'm very sorry to have been the starting point of this, and upset about what's happening. Im the meantime, after some posts and emailing and knowing some background now, I drew consequences myself.
I don't hold you responsible Dan as you knew nothing of what had gone on before and I'm sorry if you have been drawn into it as a result, it seems that people who are very quick to complain when information is copied from there do not have the same scruples when they know information is being copied from here. Let's leave it in the past and move on.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 26/04/2021, 17:03

PeplumParadise wrote:
26/04/2021, 12:01
FatmanDan wrote:
26/04/2021, 11:55
I don't hold you responsible Dan as you knew nothing of what had gone on before and I'm sorry if you have been drawn into it as a result, it seems that people who are very quick to complain when information is copied from there do not have the same scruples when they know information is being copied from here. Let's leave it in the past and move on.
I very much agree. Please don't feel bad, Dan. I know your intentions have been nothing but the best, and I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say you are very welcome here and that your contributions are much appreciated.

I'm sorry for any unpleasantness you've encountered due to this situation. We've all been there at some point. I think that some actual dialogue and a bit of basic respect and understanding for differing view points could have gone a long way in preventing the whole situation from getting uncomfortable, but it is what it is, and like Nick, I don't want to spend any more time dwelling on the disagreements concerning the CIdb. Suffice to say that this forum's goal of trying to identify and draw some much-deserved attention to generici and little-known actors just doesn't correspond very well with the goals of the CIdb.