Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Re: Error reporting

Post by PeplumParadise » 27/06/2021, 23:48

Johan Melle wrote:
27/06/2021, 23:18
Now, about his supposed stunt coordinator credit (and also the supposed assistant director credit for Mauro Mannatrizio), do extensive credits for this film exist anywhere? The German credits are very sparse (with Richard Harrison and Gordon Mitchell being the only credited actors), but I also have an English-dubbed version from a British VHS. This English opening credits list more actors, but otherwise they are very sparse too and with no mention of Daddi or Mannatrizio. And there are no end credits, only "fin" in French.
As far as the credits go, presumably there must have been an Italian release of the film and it would be in these credits, if any, where they would be credited, so probably best to keep it as a "credited as stunt coordinator?" listing until such time as this version can be found.
Last edited by PeplumParadise on 27/06/2021, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 27/06/2021, 23:49

PeplumParadise wrote:
27/06/2021, 23:48
Johan Melle wrote:
27/06/2021, 23:18
Now, about his supposed stunt coordinator credit (and also the supposed assistant director credit for Mauro Mannatrizio), do extensive credits for this film exist anywhere? The German credits are very sparse (with Richard Harrison and Gordon Mitchell being the only credited actors), but I also have an English-dubbed version from a British VHS. This English opening credits list more actors, but otherwise they are very sparse too and with no mention of Daddi or Mannatrizio. And there are no end credits, only "fin" in French.
As far as the credits go, presumably there must have been an Italian release of the film and it would be in these credits, if any, where they would be credited, so probably best to keep it as a credited as stunt coordinator? listing until such time as this version can be found.
Yes, I agree, and with that marked in purple it will serve as a reminder to keep looking out for an Italian version should it become available.

FatmanDan
Name: Daniel

Post by FatmanDan » 01/07/2021, 22:53

Didn't want to post anymore, but I can't leave you with this error: Not in a lifetime is that Giuseppe Castellano in "E venne il tempo di uccidere"

carlos
Name: Carl

Post by carlos » 02/07/2021, 15:02

FatmanDan wrote:
01/07/2021, 22:53
Didn't want to post anymore, but I can't leave you with this error: Not in a lifetime is that Giuseppe Castellano in "E venne il tempo di uccidere"
I agree, IMO this is not Castellano.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 02/07/2021, 15:46

carlos wrote:
02/07/2021, 15:02
FatmanDan wrote:
01/07/2021, 22:53
I agree, IMO this is not Castellano.
removed

carlos
Name: Carl

Re: Error/Missing reporting

Post by carlos » 25/07/2021, 17:29

The Italian credit as Lewis Lawrence for Dove si spara di più. I know the Spanish has both but I always assumed the one that did the Spanish credits didn't realize the Lewis Lawrence referred to Catenacci. What do you guys think?
vlcsnap-2021-07-25-10h17m33s376.jpg
z cast8 esp JohnnyKid.jpg

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 25/07/2021, 23:36

carlos wrote:
25/07/2021, 17:29
The Italian credit as Lewis Lawrence for Dove si spara di più. I know the Spanish has both but I always assumed the one that did the Spanish credits didn't realize the Lewis Lawrence referred to Catenacci. What do you guys think?
vlcsnap-2021-07-25-10h17m33s376.jpg
z cast8 esp JohnnyKid.jpg
Does the information that "Lewis Lawrence" refers to Catenacci come from a reliable source or is it a regular pseudonym he used, or might it be from someone just randomly attempting to match up the names with the actors? If the latter it could therefore refer to someone else, with Catenacci being uncredited in one version.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 26/07/2021, 0:56

We now have a bunch of new topics placed in the "Actors 50+" section, but none of these new topics have 50 confirmed roles yet. Shouldn't these topics be placed in the "Actors -50" section until such time as 50 roles have been confirmed and posted?

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 26/07/2021, 1:08

PeplumParadise wrote:
26/07/2021, 0:56
We now have a bunch of new topics placed in the "Actors 50+" section, but none of these new topics have 50 confirmed roles yet. Shouldn't these topics be placed in the "Actors -50" section until such time as 50 roles have been confirmed and posted?
Also, as has been mentioned in the chat, many of these don't really fit under the category of "little known actors" and arguably fall outside the scope of this forum. There is a diva section, so there isn't really any reason why there can't be a similar section for actors if that's something many members would like. I agree with what has been said earlier about opening too many topics at once, though, and frankly, I also think that for topics to serve a purpose, there really should be a kind of minimum standard for presentation. It's really Emiliano who will have to make these decisions, though.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 26/07/2021, 8:44

Johan Melle wrote:
26/07/2021, 1:08
PeplumParadise wrote:
26/07/2021, 0:56
Also, as has been mentioned in the chat, many of these don't really fit under the category of "little known actors" and arguably fall outside the scope of this forum. There is a diva section, so there isn't really any reason why there can't be a similar section for actors if that's something many members would like. I agree with what has been said earlier about opening too many topics at once, though, and frankly, I also think that for topics to serve a purpose, there really should be a kind of minimum standard for presentation. It's really Emiliano who will have to make these decisions, though.
The comment you were referring to from chat was still there, so, to preserve it, it's copied here in case some missed it. It does seem to be a point that a number of us are in agreement on.

PeplumParadise wrote:
25/07/2021, 10:40
FatmanDan wrote:
24/07/2021, 23:27
I don't want to be offensive - after having reacted thin-skinned a few days ago - but I don't get the idea of opening threads for actors with just a percentage of their roles covered. Shouldn't we try to complete at least the known (or the credited ones) first before meandering into many new threads at one time? Please forgive my unkindness.
I agree. While it is normal to open a topic for a generico with a few roles because that is all that is known, there is not really any reason to open a topic for a well-known actor unless you plan to create a full profile or at least present some previously undocumented roles. This misses the object of the forum which is primarily in identifying generici or finding previously unknown roles for actors, so starting so many topics for actors who will have no new roles to be found and mostly with poor quality images and one-line biographies is rather pointless.