Error/Missing reporting

Error/Missing reporting
Update reminder
Admin tasks
Post Reply
User avatar
Emiliano
Administrator
Posts: 3835
Joined: Aug 26, 18
Location: Italy
Name: Emiliano
Contact:

Re: Error/Missing reporting

Post by Emiliano » 10/09/2021, 10:47

FatmanDan wrote:
09/09/2021, 21:46
In Fortunato Arena's thread, the entrance for `La vendetta dei gladiatori` (1964) as Messenger shows NOT Arena. The guy pictured is thinner and has quite another face...arena.jpgarena2.jpg Am I wrong?

Later, there is this post by me
FatmanDan wrote:
12/06/2021, 20:53
Metti lo diavolo tuo ne lo mio inferno (1972). No pic so far

Metti_il_Diavolo_Arena.png
Please delete, I was wrong, the film is yet there with pics.
You're right. I'll take care of deleting that role. I'm also waiting for an opinion from Nick.

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 13786
Joined: May 2, 19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Re: Error/Missing reporting

Post by PeplumParadise » 10/09/2021, 12:11

Emiliano wrote:
10/09/2021, 10:47

You're right. I'll take care of deleting that role. I'm also waiting for an opinion from Nick.
I see what you mean, I'm not absolutely sure as my print of the film has some ratio issues (squashing, stretching, leaning to the side), I'll take a look at the film again later when I have some time

User avatar
FatmanDan
Veteran
Posts: 1070
Joined: Jan 6, 20
Location: Mannheim
Contact:

Re: Error/Missing reporting

Post by FatmanDan » 12/09/2021, 17:48

...e continuavano a mettere lo diavolo ne lo inferno (1973) can be put off Attilio Dottesio's ´More Attilio` list

User avatar
Emiliano
Administrator
Posts: 3835
Joined: Aug 26, 18
Location: Italy
Name: Emiliano
Contact:

Re: Error/Missing reporting

Post by Emiliano » 12/09/2021, 18:53

FatmanDan wrote:
12/09/2021, 17:48
...e continuavano a mettere lo diavolo ne lo inferno (1973) can be put off Attilio Dottesio's ´More Attilio` list
Done. :thumbup:

User avatar
Johan Melle
Moderator
Posts: 10275
Joined: Aug 27, 18
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Error/Missing reporting

Post by Johan Melle » 13/09/2021, 18:51

On the subject of our birthday girl Eleonora Morana, I have managed to find a copy of Storia di ragazzi e di ragazze (1989), in which ANICA lists her as appearing - a full six years after her last previous acting credit. Looking at the opening titles, however, it's actually a certain Eleonora Manara that is credited, and as far as I can tell, this is a different actress. I certainly couldn't find any trace of our Eleonora anywhere in the film so it looks like her career really did end in 1983 after all.
Storia di Ragazzi.jpg

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 13786
Joined: May 2, 19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Re: Error/Missing reporting

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/09/2021, 18:55

Johan Melle wrote:
13/09/2021, 18:51
On the subject of our birthday girl Eleonora Morana, I have managed to find a copy of Storia di ragazzi e di ragazze (1989), in which ANICA lists her as appearing - a full six years after her last previous acting credit. Looking at the opening titles, however, it's actually a certain Eleonora Manara that is credited, and as far as I can tell, this is a different actress. I certainly couldn't find any trace of our Eleonora anywhere in the film so it looks like her career really did end in 1983 after all.
Storia di Ragazzi.jpg
another addition for the "Morana is missing" list then.
Last edited by PeplumParadise on 13/09/2021, 18:59, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Johan Melle
Moderator
Posts: 10275
Joined: Aug 27, 18
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Error/Missing reporting

Post by Johan Melle » 13/09/2021, 18:56

PeplumParadise wrote:
13/09/2021, 18:55
another addition for the "Morana is missing" list then
Yes, I've just updated it, but wanted to point out my finding here, or else no would have noticed.

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 13786
Joined: May 2, 19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Re: Error/Missing reporting

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/09/2021, 19:00

Johan Melle wrote:
13/09/2021, 18:56
PeplumParadise wrote:
13/09/2021, 18:55
another addition for the "Morana is missing" list then
Yes, I've just updated it, but wanted to point out my finding here, or else no would have noticed.
I think it's probably doubtful that she is still living, but in the absence of any information to the contrary I hope she is. Once she reaches 105 (since Olivia De Havilland and Kirk Douglas both recently passed at 104) I think it will be safe to assume she's no longer with us, as is the case with Alfredo Varelli who all sites list as still living and currently 107!

User avatar
Johan Melle
Moderator
Posts: 10275
Joined: Aug 27, 18
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Error/Missing reporting

Post by Johan Melle » 13/09/2021, 19:04

PeplumParadise wrote:
13/09/2021, 19:00
Johan Melle wrote:
13/09/2021, 18:56
PeplumParadise wrote:
13/09/2021, 18:55
another addition for the "Morana is missing" list then
Yes, I've just updated it, but wanted to point out my finding here, or else no would have noticed.
I think it's probably doubtful that she is still living, but in the absence of any information to the contrary I hope she is. Once she reaches 105 (since Olivia De Havilland and Kirk Douglas both recently passed at 104) I think it will be safe to assume she's no longer with us, as is the case with Alfredo Varelli who all sites list as still living and currently 107!
There are no doubt many forgotten actors who have passed away without notice (I know for a fact that Dario Michaelis who is reported as still being alive did in fact die very tragically several years ago), but you never know. I used to think Armando Francioli had surely died several years ago, but then his death at the age of 100 was unexpectedly reported in the press last year.

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 13786
Joined: May 2, 19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Re: Error/Missing reporting

Post by PeplumParadise » 13/09/2021, 19:15

Johan Melle wrote:
13/09/2021, 19:04
PeplumParadise wrote:
13/09/2021, 19:00
Johan Melle wrote:
13/09/2021, 18:56


Yes, I've just updated it, but wanted to point out my finding here, or else no would have noticed.
I think it's probably doubtful that she is still living, but in the absence of any information to the contrary I hope she is. Once she reaches 105 (since Olivia De Havilland and Kirk Douglas both recently passed at 104) I think it will be safe to assume she's no longer with us, as is the case with Alfredo Varelli who all sites list as still living and currently 107!
There are no doubt many forgotten actors who have passed away without notice (I know for a fact that Dario Michaelis who is reported as still being alive did in fact die very tragically several years ago), but you never know. I used to think Armando Francioli had surely died several years ago, but then his death at the age of 100 was unexpectedly reported in the press last year.
Yes, I think it's doubtful that Bartha (101) and Felleghy (100) are still with us, but as you say every now and then there will be an announcement of a death of someone you assumed had died years before just because there had been no news of them for years, Carla Calo and John Karlsen being other recent examples.

Gloria Milland is another example of a fairly well-known actress who is listed everywhere as being still living, but I have it from reliable sources that she died in 1993.

Post Reply