Requests for Nick


Error correction reporting
Update reminder Admin tasks
Post Reply
User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 18143
Joined: May 19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 14/01/2022, 19:48

Johan Melle wrote:
14/01/2022, 19:13
I'm not so familiar with him so I have to ask: could this be Mario Meniconi in Il coraggio (1955)?
Coraggio - Mario Meniconi1.jpg
Coraggio - Mario Meniconi2.jpg
Coraggio - Mario Meniconi3.jpg
Yes, that's him - he seems to be absolutely everywhere!

User avatar
Johan Melle
Moderator
Posts: 11363
Joined: Aug 18
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by Johan Melle » 14/01/2022, 19:50

PeplumParadise wrote:
14/01/2022, 19:48
Johan Melle wrote:
14/01/2022, 19:13
I'm not so familiar with him so I have to ask: could this be Mario Meniconi in Il coraggio (1955)?
Coraggio - Mario Meniconi1.jpg
Coraggio - Mario Meniconi2.jpg
Coraggio - Mario Meniconi3.jpg
Yes, that's him - he seems to be absolutely everywhere!
Nice! Thanks for confirming :)

User avatar
Johan Melle
Moderator
Posts: 11363
Joined: Aug 18
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by Johan Melle » 14/01/2022, 23:24

Looking at these pics you've posted from The Prince of Foxes I would say that here we have Ugo Mari on the left...
Prince Of Foxes1.jpg

...and that here we have Amedeo Trilli behind "Mr. Pickwick"
Prince Of Foxes2.jpg

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 18143
Joined: May 19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 15/01/2022, 8:44

Johan Melle wrote:
14/01/2022, 23:24
Looking at these pics you've posted from The Prince of Foxes I would say that here we have Ugo Mari on the left...
Prince Of Foxes1.jpg


...and that here we have Amedeo Trilli behind "Mr. Pickwick"
Prince Of Foxes2.jpg
In both cases I would say yes, I checked the film and in both cases these are as clear as you see them.

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 18143
Joined: May 19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 15/01/2022, 16:42

Not sure if I've mentioned him somewhere before, but I think I may have yet another unidentified black & white generico here…

Il tradimento
screenshot14.jpg
screenshot8.jpg

Messalina
uk114.jpg
uk99.jpg

Le schiave di Cartagine
screenshot23.jpg
screenshot22.jpg

Gli amori di Ercole
screenshot62.jpg
screenshot59.jpg

User avatar
Johan Melle
Moderator
Posts: 11363
Joined: Aug 18
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by Johan Melle » 15/01/2022, 16:45

PeplumParadise wrote:
15/01/2022, 16:42
Not sure if I've mentioned him somewhere before, but I think I may have yet another unidentified black & white generico here…

Il tradimento
screenshot14.jpgscreenshot8.jpg


Messalina
uk114.jpguk99.jpg


Le schiave di Cartagine
screenshot23.jpgscreenshot22.jpg


Gli amori di Ercole
screenshot62.jpgscreenshot59.jpg
I agree. Pretty distinctive nose and cleft chin.

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 18143
Joined: May 19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 15/01/2022, 16:47

Johan Melle wrote:
15/01/2022, 16:45

I agree. Pretty distinctive nose and cleft chin.
and a few quite nice images to start him off, but I'll see if we can find another role or 2 first

User avatar
van den bremt rudy
Senior
Posts: 5422
Joined: Aug 18
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by van den bremt rudy » 17/01/2022, 12:19

In your post of yesterday afternoon, for the pictures of Angelo Casadei for "revak, lo schiavo di Cartagine" i tought to have recognized the young man at the left in the three pictures, could it be a young "Nando Angelini" or am i terribly wrong here ?
thanks

User avatar
PeplumParadise
Moderator
Posts: 18143
Joined: May 19
Location: Spain
Name: Nick
Contact:

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by PeplumParadise » 17/01/2022, 23:17

van den bremt rudy wrote:
17/01/2022, 12:19
In your post of yesterday afternoon, for the pictures of Angelo Casadei for "revak, lo schiavo di Cartagine" i tought to have recognized the young man at the left in the three pictures, could it be a young "Nando Angelini" or am i terribly wrong here ?
thanks
I don't see Angelini there

User avatar
Johan Melle
Moderator
Posts: 11363
Joined: Aug 18
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Requests for Nick

Post by Johan Melle » 18/01/2022, 18:57

You have identified this standing drummer in Il corsaro della mezzaluna (1957) as Wilbert Bradley, but although the pictures aren't very clear, I don't think it's him, but actually Llew Trotman in an early role
Corsaro Della Mezzaluna1.jpg
Corsaro Della Mezzaluna2.jpg

Likewise, you have this soldier on the right as being Bradley but I think this is Trotman once again in his earliest non-musician role
Cartagine In Fiamme Soldier.jpg

In fact, I think Trotman also appears as a guard or slave earlier in the film (around 44 minutes) but my copy is bad
Cartagine In Fiamme.jpg

From the pics you posted of Edith Peters, it looks like you have a better version, so can you please check these scenes when you have the time?

Post Reply