PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Maciste contro i mostri (1962)

Post by PeplumParadise » 05/08/2023, 17:50

screenshot20.jpg

Director

Guido Malatesta

Storyline

The Sun People are very happy when they find a new cave to call their home, but the neighbouring Moon People raid their haven and steal their women. Fortunately strongman Maciste is nearby and comes to the rescue, fights some dinosaurs and takes moon-woman Moah for himself.

Cast

TITLE9.jpg
title5.jpg
TITLE6.jpg
TITLE7.jpg
title4.jpg
Last edited by PeplumParadise on 06/08/2023, 23:22, edited 2 times in total.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 05/08/2023, 18:16

Cast

Actors credited in the Italian version, in credit order.

LEWIS4.jpg
Reg Lewis
as Maciste

lee.jpg
Margaret Lee
as Moah

MARIN5.jpg
Luciano Marin
as Aidar

aureli8.jpg
Andrea Aureli
as Fuan

bergen.jpg
Birgit Bergen
as Raya

PAZZAFINI.jpg
Nello Pazzafini
(credited as "Giovanni Pazzafini")
as Leader of the Ulna tribe

vbfcdxsz`~za`.jpg
Miria Kent
Unidentified
She has no other known credits

gasser.jpg
Fulvia Gasser
as Agmin

spadaro2.jpg
Rocco Spataro
as Nab

r3w2q1.jpg
Ivan Pengow
Unidentified

maggio.jpg
Domenico Maggio
(credited as "Mimo Maggio")
as Man of the Sun People

r3w2q1.jpg
Nando Angelini (c.s.c.)
Credit only

r3w2q1.jpg
Nino Milano
Unidentified
Last edited by PeplumParadise on 26/09/2023, 14:18, edited 2 times in total.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 05/08/2023, 18:38

Uncredited actors A-Z

bitenc.jpg
Demeter Bitenc
as Agur

ukmar1.jpg
ukmar2.jpg
Sergio Ukmar
as 1. Man of the Sun People
as 2. Man of the Ulna tribe
Last edited by PeplumParadise on 06/08/2023, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 05/08/2023, 19:51

Unidentified actors

Unidentified credited actors
  • Nando Angelini - credited with c.s.c., credit only.
  • Miria Kent - She has no other known credits. She is also to be found credited variously as "Maria Kent" (ANICA and IMDb), "Myra Kent" (British press book) and "Myriam Kent" (French press book) - that sure is a lot of possible names for an actress with only one role under any of these names. The British press book credits her in the role of "Mam", but, as you will see below, this cannot be relied upon, besides which I did not find any such role. There really are no remaining female roles of any substance, my best bet would be the woman at the feet of Andrea Aureli in 25 and 39, who does get to speak a few lines.
  • Nino Milano - IMDb lists him as playing "Man of the Sun People", which is of little help since it could describe 3 of the 4 remaining male roles that might be credited. Having identified him in a few films I don't see any obvious matches, the most likely I think would be the role of Dorak (Images 1 / 12).
  • Ivan Pengow - ANICA and IMDb both list him as playing the role of Agur, which is the role played by Demeter Bitenc, so it may be a pseudonym for Bitenc, however the German programme and both websites list Bitenc separately. The British press book lists him in the role of Gamal (image 11, 71, 75), which would seem more likely, but with a number of other roles mis-credited cannot be relied upon. He has 2 other unidentified roles on IMDb.

Uncredited actors listed as appearing by other sources, but not identified
  • Laura Brown - IMDb as Sacrificed girl of the Sun People. There is only one woman who gets sacrificed, in pic 32 and 42, and she doesn't seem anything like Laura to me. Brown did appear in Maciste contro i cacciatori di teste, shot back-to-back with this film, so her appearance is a possibility - just not in that role. Maybe her in 25 / 39?
  • Cho Cha Lung - IMDb as Mongol elder. Does not appear. Mongols? I don't know what film they were watching, but it certainly wasn't this one!
  • Tanja Snidersic - IMDb as Girl of the Sun People, also listed by ANICA and in the cast in the German programme without role. She has no other known credits.
  • Alfredo Zammi - IMDb as Gamal (image 11). I don't know Zammi, but looking at his small IMDb filmography it would seem unlikely.
This is the cast list printed in the British press book. Unfortunately what should have been a godsend turns out to be a nightmare, with Pazzafini, Aureli and Spataro all credited with incorrect roles, meaning other ID's for Kent and Pengow cannot be relied upon.
fmbrp2 copy.jpg

This is the cast from the German programme, not any help with identifications (it mixes up the roles played by Lee and Bergen), but it does add Bitenc and Snidersic to the credited cast. They amusingly mis-credit the leading actor as "Leg Lewis", which is at least better than the Spanish posters, which credited Alan Steel in his place!
fmgp2.jpg

The film was shot entirely in Yugoslavia (confirmed in an interview with Lewis), meaning any non-speaking roles are almost certainly Croatian actors.

UK1A.jpg
The role of Dorak, which I think is the most likely match for credited Nino Milano. The British press book incorrectly credits this role to Andrea Aureli while IMDb thinks he's Demeter Bitenc!
UK2A.jpg
UK3A.jpg
UK4A.jpg
UK5A.jpg
UK6A.jpg
UK7A.jpg
UK8A.jpg
UK9A.jpg
UK10A.jpg
The role of Holtick, mis-credited in the British press book as being Nello Pazzafini!
UK11a.jpg
The role of Gamal, listed in the British press book as being Ivan Pengow and by IMDb as being Alfredo Zammi
UK12A.jpg
UK13A.jpg
UK14A.jpg
UK15A.jpg
UK16A.jpg
UK17A.jpg
I think this could be Ivan Basta, who was still working in Yugoslavia at least until early 1962
UK19A.jpg
UK20A.jpg
UK21A.jpg
UK22A.jpg
UK23A.jpg
UK24A.jpg
UK25A.jpg
maybe Laura Brown?
UK26A.jpg
UK27A.jpg
UK28A.jpg
UK29A.jpg
UK30A.jpg
uk31a.jpg
uk32a.jpg
uk34a.jpg
uk35a.jpg
uk36a.jpg
uk37a.jpg
uk38a.jpg
uk39a.jpg
uk40a.jpg
Last edited by PeplumParadise on 26/09/2023, 14:21, edited 14 times in total.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 05/08/2023, 20:08

Unidentified actors

uk41a.jpg
uk42a.jpg
IMDb says the woman in white on the left is Laura Brown. I say "not very likely"
uk43a.jpg
uk44a.jpg
uk45a.jpg
uk46a.jpg
uk47a.jpg
uk49a.jpg
uk50a.jpg
uk51a.jpg
uk52a.jpg
uk53a.jpg
uk54a.jpg
uk55a.jpg
uk56a.jpg
uk57a.jpg
uk58a.jpg
uk59a.jpg
uk60a.jpg
uk62a.jpg
uk63a.jpg
uk64a.jpg
UK65A.jpg
UK66A.jpg
UK67A.jpg
UK68A.jpg
UK69A.jpg
UK70A.jpg
UK71A.jpg
UK72A.jpg
UK73A.jpg
UK75A.jpg
UK76A.jpg
Maybe Ivan Basta again?
UK77A.jpg
UK78A.jpg
UK79A.jpg
Last edited by PeplumParadise on 06/08/2023, 23:29, edited 2 times in total.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 05/08/2023, 20:25

This is credited actor Nino Milano in a few other early 60's roles. He was mostly a comedy actor, so tended to pull faces a lot!
Caravan Petrol - Film Completo by Film&Clips8-side.jpg

I don't see any obvious matches, the most likely being the role of Dorok below. While the wig and false beard are hard to see past, the thin lips, ear lobe and long nostril seem to match and the eyes seem to have the same squint.
UK12A-side.jpg
Last edited by PeplumParadise on 06/08/2023, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 05/08/2023, 21:33

This is Laura Brown in Maciste contro i cacciatori di teste, which was shot back-to-back with this film. I'm sure it's not her playing the sacrificial victim as IMDb suggests, but she could maybe be the girl on the left in 13 and 28?
brown5.jpg
brown.jpg
brown6.jpg
brown10.jpg
brown11.jpg

and this is the actor I have identified as Alfredo Zammi in the same film, though I don't remember how I arrived at the identification. He might be Gamal as IMDb suggests, but here seems younger, but he also has similarities to the High Priest (the only substantial speaking role with no suggested identifications), though of course there is no guarantee either of these actors appears at all
zammi.jpg
zammi2.jpg
zammi3.jpg

mortimer

Post by mortimer » 05/08/2023, 22:46

PeplumParadise wrote:
05/08/2023, 21:33
This is Laura Brown in Maciste contro i cacciatori di teste, which was shot back-to-back with this film. I'm sure it's not her playing the sacrificial victim as IMDb suggests, but she could maybe be the girl on the left in 13 and 28?
The girl in 13 and 28 is the same who has a close-up in 6, it doesn't seem the Laura Brown in the other film. Rather the girl in 25 and 39 bears a little resemblance to me.

PeplumParadise

Post by PeplumParadise » 05/08/2023, 23:02

mortimer wrote:
05/08/2023, 22:46
PeplumParadise wrote:
The girl in 13 and 28 is the same who has a close-up in 6, it doesn't seem the Laura Brown in the other film. Rather the girl in 25 and 39 bears a little resemblance to me.
Yes, looking at her in 6 I agree it's not Laura Brown. The other ID, yes, maybe, the eyes seem different, but that may just be down to make-up. See what others think.

That would scupper my idea of Miria Kent in that role - all the remaining roles that you would imagine might be credited are men, so maybe Miria was a man? :open_mouth:

Johan Melle

Post by Johan Melle » 06/08/2023, 14:26

I can positively confirm the ID of Rocco Spataro, who is a familiar face from fotoromanzi.

And I agree with the Sergio Ukmar IDs.

PeplumParadise wrote:
and this is the actor I have identified as Alfredo Zammi in the same film, though I don't remember how I arrived at the identification. He might be Gamal as IMDb suggests, but here seems younger, but he also has similarities to the High Priest (the only substantial speaking role with no suggested identifications), though of course there is no guarantee either of these actors appears at all
zammi.jpgzammi2.jpgzammi3.jpg
That is indeed Alfredo Zammi, but I don't see him in any of the pics from this film. Since both he and Laura Brown are being attributed with appearing in this film, I think it's possible that some of the other actors credited in various press books etc are really actors that appear in Maciste contro i cacciatori di teste and that there is confusion due to the two films being made back-to-back.