Requests for Johan

Errors and Additions reporting Topics to be revised
Update reminder Topics in preparation
PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Requests for Johan

Post by PeplumParadise » 02/08/2023, 18:42

Do you think this could be Tsao Hong Tche on the right, in Land of the Pharaohs - finally available on blu-ray and topic in preparation.

While the interiors were reportedly all shot in Italy the generici seem to be a largely unfamiliar bunch and quite what orientals were doing in ancient Egypt is another matter! I would have asked in quick ID's, but I don't think anyone besides you and myself has ever identified him.
tsao2.jpg
tsao3.jpg
tsao4.jpg

Johan Melle

Requests for Johan

Post by Johan Melle » 04/08/2023, 19:49

PeplumParadise wrote:
02/08/2023, 18:42
Do you think this could be Tsao Hong Tche on the right, in Land of the Pharaohs - finally available on blu-ray and topic in preparation.

While the interiors were reportedly all shot in Italy the generici seem to be a largely unfamiliar bunch and quite what orientals were doing in ancient Egypt is another matter! I would have asked in quick ID's, but I don't think anyone besides you and myself has ever identified him.
tsao2.jpgtsao3.jpgtsao4.jpg
The problem for me is that I'm not very used to seeing him without his glasses, so it's hard for me to be 100% certain, but it seems like it could be him, yes.

PeplumParadise

Requests for Johan

Post by PeplumParadise » 04/08/2023, 20:09

Johan Melle wrote:
04/08/2023, 19:49
PeplumParadise wrote:

The problem for me is that I'm not very used to seeing him without his glasses, so it's hard for me to be 100% certain, but it seems like it could be him, yes.
Do you think sure enough to post in his topic and the film's - maybe as an uncertain ID?

The generici in that film seem to be pretty much complete unknowns, aside from a fleeting appearance from Luigi Smith - it was shot at Titanus Appia studios, so maybe all the regular generici only worked out of cinecitta?

Johan Melle

Requests for Johan

Post by Johan Melle » 05/08/2023, 11:13

PeplumParadise wrote:
04/08/2023, 20:09
Johan Melle wrote:
04/08/2023, 19:49
PeplumParadise wrote:

Do you think sure enough to post in his topic and the film's - maybe as an uncertain ID?

The generici in that film seem to be pretty much complete unknowns, aside from a fleeting appearance from Luigi Smith - it was shot at Titanus Appia studios, so maybe all the regular generici only worked out of cinecitta?
Looking at the glasses-free appearances again, I do think it looks like him, so I would it's worth adding yet.

PeplumParadise

Requests for Johan

Post by PeplumParadise » 06/08/2023, 14:43

Whenever you get a chance could you please help out with some images of Anna Arena in Auguri e figli maschi and Bellezze a Capri (both 1951). I'll be posting her topic (or rather converting it from the Db topic) in a day or 2, so if I don't hear from you before I will leave some blank posts as usual for you to add the images at your leisure.

Johan Melle

Requests for Johan

Post by Johan Melle » 06/08/2023, 16:05

PeplumParadise wrote:
06/08/2023, 14:43
Whenever you get a chance could you please help out with some images of Anna Arena in Auguri e figli maschi and Bellezze a Capri (both 1951). I'll be posting her topic (or rather converting it from the Db topic) in a day or 2, so if I don't hear from you before I will leave some blank posts as usual for you to add the images at your leisure.
She's not really an actress I'm very familiar with, but this should be her as Assunta in Bellezze a Capri
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena01.jpg
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena02.jpg
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena03.jpg
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena04.jpg
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena05.jpg
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena06.jpg
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena07.jpg

She isn't credited in Auguri e figli maschi! but is this her as the boarding house landlady?
Auguri - Anna Arena01.jpg
Auguri - Anna Arena02.jpg
Auguri - Anna Arena03.jpg
Auguri - Anna Arena04.jpg
Auguri - Anna Arena05.jpg

PeplumParadise

Requests for Johan

Post by PeplumParadise » 06/08/2023, 16:13

Johan Melle wrote:
06/08/2023, 16:05
PeplumParadise wrote:
06/08/2023, 14:43
She's not really an actress I'm very familiar with, but this should be her as Assunta in Bellezze a Capri
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena01.jpg
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena02.jpg
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena03.jpg
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena04.jpg
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena05.jpg
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena06.jpg
Bellezze A Capri - Anna Arena07.jpg

She isn't credited in Auguri e figli maschi! but is this her as the boarding house landlady?
Auguri - Anna Arena01.jpg
Auguri - Anna Arena02.jpg
Auguri - Anna Arena03.jpg
Auguri - Anna Arena04.jpg
Auguri - Anna Arena05.jpg
Wonderful, thank you.

PeplumParadise

Requests for Johan

Post by PeplumParadise » 03/09/2023, 14:11

Your opinion is needed on my possible ID for Terry Dalton please, since no-one else seems to know her
viewtopic.php?p=73432&sid=6d2a3096ba914 ... d8f#p73432

van den bremt rudy
Senior

Requests for Johan

Post by van den bremt rudy » 15/10/2023, 0:46

When i was not so long on the forum some years ago, our ex user GHIBARIAN was going to write a book about generici actors & actresses.
Johan, do you know if that book was written by him and what was the title and under which name it was completed ?
Can Mauro have some information about this ? I am curious, because that was a project when i read it.
Thanks.

Johan Melle

Requests for Johan

Post by Johan Melle » 15/10/2023, 16:42

van den bremt rudy wrote:
15/10/2023, 0:46
When i was not so long on the forum some years ago, our ex user GHIBARIAN was going to write a book about generici actors & actresses.
Johan, do you know if that book was written by him and what was the title and under which name it was completed ?
Can Mauro have some information about this ? I am curious, because that was a project when i read it.
Thanks.
Sorry, I know nothing at all about this. Ghibarian has lang ago distanced himself from this forum, and I do not know anything about the status of his book project or if it is still happening. Would be very nice if it did, though!